Ir al contenido
Mostrando tus resultados de "South Dublin"

Lugares emblemáticos en South Dublin

Museum
“Really good museum across the road, tells the story of our independence, the guides are generally very insightful and fun”
Recomendado por 280 habitantes locales
Monumento / Lugar emblemático
“Wonderful open parkland to walk, picnic & relax in, my go to place fro relaxing”
Recomendado por 20 habitantes locales
Jardín
“These gardens are one of the most famous memorial gardens in Europe. They are dedicated to the memory of 49,400 Irish soldiers who died in the 1914 – 1918 war. The names of all the soldiers are contained in the beautifully illustrated Harry Clarke manuscripts in the granite bookrooms in the gardens. These gardens are not only a place of remembrance but are also of great architectural interest and beauty. They are one of four gardens in this country designed by the famous architect Sir Edwin Lutyens (1869-1944). The others being Heywood Gardens (see p.63), Lambay Island and those in Howth Castle. Sunken rose gardens, herbaceous borders and extensive tree planting make for an enjoyable visit to the gardens in any season.”
Recomendado por 39 habitantes locales
Plaza
“The red line Luas connects to the green line as well as the DART (train) at Connolly station.”
Recomendado por 16 habitantes locales
Farm
“A historic house holding important collections, an art gallery, a working farm, and the official Irish State guest house, Farmleigh House and Estate is open seven days a week, all year round. An estate of seventy-eight acres situated to the north-west of Dublin’s Phoenix Park, Farmleigh provides accommodation for visiting dignitaries and guests of the nation. As a historic house, Farmleigh remains a unique representation of its heyday, the Edwardian period, and houses important artworks and furnishings, as well as the Benjamin Iveagh collection of rare books, bindings, and manuscripts which is held in the Library. ”
Recomendado por 13 habitantes locales
Sitio histórico
“This beautiful round tower is built on the site of a monastery founded by St Mochua in the 7th century. It is one of only four remaining in County Dublin, the others are located in Swords, Lusk and Rathmichael. It stands over 90 foot high and is thought to be an early example as the granite on the lintels is flat. The most unusual feature of this tower is the very pronounced buttress at the base which is constructed with a different type of stone to the tower. The series of steps was believed to be added to the buttress in the late 19th century. There are 6 windows in the tower and the top 4 of them point north, south, east and west. The church of St John, on the opposite side of the road, h”
Recomendado por 2 habitantes locales
Sitio histórico
Recomendado por 1 habitante local
Castillo
Recomendado por 1 habitante local
Monumento / Lugar emblemático
Recomendado por 1 habitante local