Nestled in the prized Fairhills district this spectacular 1940s home is 3700 sq ft of luxury - 4 beds, 3 baths, cinema room & valley-view spa. Big, outdoor terraces, level lawns, fab indoor-outdoor flow with uninterrupted panoramic views of Mt Tam
Ultimate style and comfort - views to die for and just 35 minutes to Downtown San Francisco. Gracious 1940s Tuscan-style home with panoramic views of Mt Tamalpais & the forested valley of San Rafael.
Light filled interiors tastefully decorated, level lawns, sprawling terraces all with unbeatable views & big Californian skies.
Four luxurious bedrooms, three bathrooms, country-style kitchen, three sitting rooms and for the movie buffs - an in-home cinema with its own sleek kitchen.
Sprawling outdoor spaces & a sun-drenched conservatory - terracotta tiled terraces, level lawns and a rustic-country-style conservatory flow effortlessly from the home. A picturesque gazebo and 8 person spa with valley views top-off the outdoor spaces.
This stylish home spans 3700 square feet of luxury. A sunset-watchers heaven and impossible to think you're not in Tuscany.
Disponible para huéspedes
You will have access to the entire property.
Atención a los huéspedes
We respect your privacy and will give you space to unwind. But we're always on the end of the phone/email to answer any of your questions. It's all about our guests!
We ask that you treat Fairhills as your home and help maintain it for other guests to enjoy.
RENTAL RULES - RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND
By accepting a reservation at ‘TUSCANY IN MARIN', the Lessee hereby agrees that Lessee and all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Use of any hot tub/spa, and/or fireplace carries risk that may result in serious injury or death.
NO UNATTENDED CHILDREN ARE PERMITTED TO USE THE HOT TUB.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) state that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. Elderly persons and anyone subject to heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, strokes, epilepsy or similar afflictions should not enter the hot tub without consulting their physician. Never use a spa while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or if you are taking medications of any kind, or being treated for any illness. The spa should be kept at a temperature less than 104 degrees for personal safety and all bathers must shower before and after use to decrease the possibility of skin problems. DO NOT SIT OR WALK ON THE SPA COVER, or it will collapse.
SUPERVISE CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES TO DECREASE RISK OF INJURY DEATH OR DROWNING.
There are many risks and dangers inherent to this forested and steep terrain that could jeopardize both health and life, specifically including but not limited to walking on nature paths or swimming in any body of water all of which is hereby acknowledged to be at your own risk. Lessee and each person who arrives on the property does so at their own risk and accepts full liability and responsibility for that risk and whatever occurs to them while they are on the property.
Each of Lessees Children and / or any other child who arrives on the property must have a guardian and that guardian accepts full liability and responsibility for the care and welfare of that child.
THE LESEE HAS READ, UNDERSTANDS THE RISKS, AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND
INDEMNITYAGREEMENT and GUEST RENTAL AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
HOUSE RULES for our GUESTS (Lessee)
1. Smoking is allowed outside only - if smoking outdoors be responsible in disposing of your cigarette butts
2. Minimum age for Renters is 25 years
3. If bringing a pet - they are not allowed on any furniture, or to be left alone in the house when you go out
4. Be respectful of the neighbors. Noise should be kept low to respect other homeowners in the area. No loud music or late night gatherings permitted
5. Check-in after 3:30pm and check-out by 11:00am
6. All rental prices include the mandatory California State TOT (Temporary Occupancy Tax) of 10%
7. People other than those in the Guest party of the Lessee may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Lessee
8. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or while using amenities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. It is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise
9. Lessee is responsible for keeping the property and all furnishings in good order and to insure that the property is locked and secured at all times when not occupied; Lessee is responsible for loss or damage to the property, furniture and fixtures if not properly cared for (fair wear and tear excepted) and if the loss or damage occurred if the property was not locked and secured when not occupied.
10. Only use appliances for their intended purposes
11. Guests should occupy beds and not use sofas for overnight or overflow sleeping purposes
12. Parking is limited to 6 vehicles in the designated area at the front of the house - other street parking is available directly across the street
13. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house. For stays of 7 days or more additional housekeeping arrangements can be made with the homeowner
14. Unattended children are NOT permitted in the hot tub/spa
15. Private events or social gatherings that exceed the rental party should be approved by the Lessor
I'm Kathryn, an Australian-born interior designer married to Charles, an America-born CEO. We have lived and worked all over the world and we now call the USA home. We live 30 minutes north of San Francisco in a beautiful hillside retreat. Charles has two adult children who live in the UK.
We travel extensively and prefer to stay in properties that feel like 'home' rather than stay in hotels. As we're newly settled in the USA we have a long 'wish list' of places to visit on home soil. We love the performing arts and are patrons of several theatre companies. We also have a passion for exploring the great outdoors with our two dogs, and of course, we love visiting family and friends in the far-flung corners of the globe.
During his many years living in London Charles rented-out his own property to the vacation market - so we know how wonderfully it works from both sides.
We are mature, cheerful and respectful people (both non-smokers) who will take good care of any property we visit. If traveling with our pets we ensure they are beautifully behaved in our home away from home.