The Tartan Rabbit House is about an amazing setting & seclusion, but close to everything. Close to Mt. Sunapee for all your winter fun. Enjoy 15+private acres, the Lane River,Hiking,Hammocks,Fishing,Fire-pit and our 1/2 acre pond. 3 Levels with 3 bedrooms + 2 Baths and an additional open loft with 2 more twin beds. 2 Gas fireplaces and 1 Wood stove fireplace.
1 Week stay =15% Off No Weddings & No Pets.No children under 8 (Please Inquire 1st).
This magical property is about seclusion, nature and getting away from it all.
You'll have 15+peaceful private acres of property nestled along the Lane River which flows into our private half acre pond and then flows back out to the river. In the Spring/Summer and fall lay in the hammocks along the river. The property was the original site of the "Jones Grist Mill," dating back to 1761. The Mill was a building block of future life in Sutton, New Hampshire.
Take long walks on the property or hike the adjoining 72 acres of conservation land owned by the town of Sutton. If you are a star gazer, lay on the deck at night and there is not an ounce of light, you can see everything the night sky wants to offer.
Sleeping accommodations are as follows:
Top level Queen bed with en suite bathroom.
Top Level loft with two twin beds.
Main level Queen Bed
Main level large Queen bedroom with additional couch) Sleeping sofa).
Nearly 2500 square feet on 3 levels. Our house is a mix of old cabin and and new additions. There is lots of charm and quirkiness.
A wood burning stove accents the dining room, as well as a gas stove in the main floor living room, plus one more gas stove in the downstairs bar/sitting area.
The kitchen has all the essentials you need. Large fridge, Brand new Electric Flat top Oven, Brand new fridge and dishwasher, microwave, coffee pot, 2 French presses, coffee grinder and all the kitchen basics.
During the summers you can sit and soak in the Lane river or take a dip in our pond( No diving). There is a BBQ grill for use on the deck.The driveway has plenty of room for boat and trailer parking if you wish to take it Lake Sunapee a short drive away.
Fall leaf peeping is at it's best here in NH during late September into October/November depending on the weather and this property is stunning to walk.
Winter adventure is all around as we are very close to skiing at Mt. Sunapee Resort, Ragged Mountain, and Eastman Cross Country Center. 4 Wheel drive and or All wheel drive are highly recommended. The house is located 1 mile off the main road and is a very compact dirt road. The road is town maintained for snow plowing and sanding and we have a private company that plows and sands our driveway.
The information below is to help all guest inquiries and those who book to ensure an amazing trip. We pride ourselves on great communication and unlike others we like being up front about all things so there are no surprises. Our goal is for you to have an amazing trip.
We are unable to handle weddings at the house/property, so No wedding and or large event inquiries ( We are on a septic system like most homes in the country and can not handle large groups unfortunately ).
No children under 8 ( Please inquire first and we can discuss). Due to things like an open spiral staircase that little ones can slip through and small underground caverns on the land with running water and also a strong outflow pipe that feeds water from the pond back to the river, we ask that all guests with little ones inquire first so we can discuss and please be upfront.
Please note there are stairs as the home is on 3 levels and can be difficult for elderly guests.
We are located on a packed well kept dirt road. This is the country and there will be things like lady bugs, flies, wasps and occasionally a bat that make it inside the home and definitly outside :) This is normal for the country and large secluded property. We dont want guests to be surprised by nature and be upset :)
Disponible para huéspedes
You will access to the entire home and its 3 levels. You will have access to the full property including the River and pond. There is adjoining 72 acres owned by the town of Sutton Conservation society and is permitted for hiking. The entrance is about 100 yards past the house on the right side. Look for a sign that says the Webb-Cromwell hiking entrance. Make sure to grab one of the Neon Safety vests hanging in the garage for your hike for your safety as hunting is allowed all over the area.
Atención a los huéspedes
The property is yours and yours alone. I will communicate during your trip to ensure anything you need is answered. You might see a car drive past the house. We have one neighbor that lives 1.5 mile past us or you may see our neighbors who have property and garage behind us. If someone says hi, don't be scared, these people are all amazing and our friends.
Otros aspectos destacables
There will be a guest welcome book when you enter in the house that will help with information on access to wifi, local information, use of the house/property and house rules. There is also a cork board with great info located near the welcome table.
Amenities at the house for you and your guests:
All natural shampoo, All natural body soap, Toilet paper, Hair Dryers in both bathrooms.
Full Kitchen w/ Regular drip Coffee Pot and filters( bring your coffee), A Keurig Machine ( bring your pods). Two French presses, Coffee Grinder, Microwave, toaster and all the kitchen essentials for cooking like pots, pans, utensils, plates and silverware. Its a fully stocked kitchen.
All linen is provided:
Bed linen, Blankets, Bath towels, Wash Clothes and Swimming towels are provided for summer ( Only take swimming towels outside and not white bath towels and we will designate those for you).
NO Pets: Deposit will be lost
This is beloved family home that is in constant use from our family. We want our guests to enjoy it, but we kindly ask for you to please respect the house, furnishings, property and neighbors. This is not a party house.
Please leave the house exactly as you found it. If you move chairs, furniture or any items inside or outside of the house to any other spot than where you found them, they go back where you found them.
We know accidents will happen and things will break or get stained, we just ask to please let us know as soon as possible so we can remedy whatever the situation before the next guests arrive :) We are super easy and just want to be informed.
Please help and respect the 11:00 A.M. checkout time. The cleaners schedule is set and paid for. This allows to properly get the house ready for the next guests to enjoy their awesome stay :)
• No children under the age of 8 allowed( Please inquire first). The house has an open spiral staircase that small children can easily fall through. It's also a very large unique property with lots of spots on the 15 acres for trouble including woods, river, a pond and small caverns where water flows back underground to the river. There is a 2-story open spiral staircase (picture provided) and one reason why we do not allow children under the age of 8 in the home (from experience).
• No Pets. Strict policy and deposit lost.
• Do not put luggage on top of any dressers/furniture.
• Winter and spring season boots/shoes removed and cleaned in the garage. They can be placed just inside entrance to house near welcome station.
• Summer guests please only use Beach towels that are provided for outside use. Do not take white bathroom towels outside. ( Beach Towels will be rolled up in baskets for you to use near the basement door).
• Please be eco-friendly with bath towels if you can. Please try and use your same towel to save on laundry.
• Do not turn off the pilot lights to the gas fireplaces. Do not touch gas line dials. They stay on year round. If there is any doubt on how to use the gas fireplaces, my wife and I are always available by call/text. When in doubt, call us. We are happy to help and its safer :) We will also provide plenty of instructions.
• Gas Fireplace Living Room: Do not touch the dials/buttons on the actual fireplace. Their is a thermostat on the living room wall that controls this fireplace. Simply turn thermostat Up to turn fireplace on and then turn thermostat back down to 50 to turn off. There is an automatic blower that blows the heat and it will turn on and off automatically. Blue pilot light in corner always stays lit year round.
• Gas fireplace in Bar Area downstairs: You only touch one button to control this unit. Top left of fireplace it says “ BURNER", you click that button up to "ON" turns gas fireplace on, same button back to middle setting "OFF" turns it off. The Blue pilot light in corner always stays lit year round.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the home. If outside smoking occurs, please clean up after yourself. Respect the property and throw butts safely away.
• Use of the home, property, river, pond, wood stove, gas stoves, gas grills, fire-pit, hammocks and taking advantage of the natural beauty including climbing, hiking, biking, outdoor activities and enjoying the river or pond on the property have risks associated with them. By renting the property through this site or by other means, responsibilities for safety of parties using the property and their guests belong to the renter(s). Potential personal or property damages caused by accidents associated with indoor activities, outdoor activities or the use and maintenance of wood stoves, gas stoves, gas grills or other utilities, appliances and staircases are waived by the renter, and through the renter by the renters guests, during the rental period.
• The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest and guest invitees.
• By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. In no event will: a) homeowner be responsible for any indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages related to this Agreement, and/or b) homeowner's liability for any damages hereunder exceed the fees paid by Guest to Homeowner.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE CHECKOUT
1. Any moved chairs, furniture or items are put back in the exact spot they were originally located. If you move the Deck tables or chairs, they go back where you found them.
2. Any used dishes and cookware are properly washed, dried, and put back where you found them. Do not leave them washing in the dishwasher or unwashed.
3. Guests are to place used towels and sheets/pillow cases only in baskets provided in the back basement laundry area.
Do not remove the Comforters, Duvet and blankets. Please leave the blankets, duvet covers on the bed. Our cleaner will handle that part.
4. Guests who use the charcoal grill must clean the grill after use. Cover goes back on after grill cools down. There will be an ash bucket for charcoal ashes next to the grill. Grill-cleaning instructions are on the Welcome Board.
5. All Deck umbrellas are put back in garage.
6. All windows are closed when you leave.
7. Recycling and trash are placed in proper bins clearly marked in the garage.
- We ask to try and keep your trash to 3 bags per weekend. Please do your best to recycle the glass, paper/cardboard, cans and put out in the garage in labeled containers.
8. Winter/Spring/Fall guests, Main level thermostat near the bathroom is put back to 55 degrees when you leave and any Mini Split used is off.
9. Winter, Spring and Fall guests restock wood, kindling, and newspapers used for wood stove, from supplies located in garage.
-No need to worry about ashes, we will clean them out after you leave.
10. Summer guests ( all fans and ac units are off). Windows are shut and not left open.
11. House Keys are put back in Lock box and locked. Do not forget.
12. DO NOT LOCK the 2 garage doors leaving the garage. They always stay unlocked for arriving guests or deliveries.