Depart every Thursday and Saturday. Including transportation by sleeping bus, accommodation (1 night homestay and 1 night hotel), main meals, english speaking tour guide.
This Sunday market is Bac Ha’s big draw. There’s an increasing range of handicrafts for sale, but it’s still pretty much a local affair. Bac Ha market is a magnet for the local hill-tribe people, above all the exotically attired Flower H’mong. If you can, stay overnight in Bac Ha on Saturday, and get here early before hundreds of day trippers from Sapa start arriving. (Lonely Planet)
Depart from Hanoi
ITINERARY (4 Nights/3 Days)
Joined group tour : Thursday or Saturday
9:30 PM: Tour guide will come to your hotel in Old Quarter to take to bus. Take a sleeping bus to Sapa
DAY 1: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (B, L, D)
– Arrive in Sapa at 3 am. Keep on sleeping on bus.
– At about 6AM, tour guide come to pick you up to tour office.
– Have a breakfast and take a rest
– 9h30 am: Join a group tour trekking.
– Going to Y Linh Ho Village, you will trekking through a beautiful valley lying between mountains. The fresh air in the highland of Viet Nam is really great for taking a walk. Y Linh Ho is a small commune composed by a dozen of small hamlets scattering on the very tough mountain terrain with high and steep mountains. This village is home of the Black H’Mong who wears dark clothing in black and has blue hand. You can visit the H’Mong people’s wooden and bamboo houses
– After lunch at a local restaurant, the group keep discover Lao Chai and Ta Van villages in Muong Hoa valley.
– Muong Hoa valley is one of the most beautiful valleys in Northwest Viet Nam and boasts to have the largest terraced rice paddy in the Sapa area. The walk takes you from Lao Chai village of Black H’Mong minority to Ta Van village of the Zay minority, providing the opportunity to see the different traditions and costumes of the two ethnic minority groups.
– Check in homestay.
– Have dinner and stay overnight homestay.
DAY 2: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Sapa (B, L, D)
– Have a breakfast.hanoi-merci-hotel-sapa-tour-3
– Check out homestay then start the second day trekking to Giang Ta Chai Village.
– You will walk through one of the most beautiful terraced rice fields. You will also trek through a gorgeous bamboo forest to a picturesque waterfall in Giang Ta Chai village, home of Red Zao, H’Mong and Zay minority. You will have opportunity to communicate with the local minority people. During a short break, you can enjoy the landscape or swim under the waterfall.
– Go back Sapa by bus.
– Have dinner
– Stay overnight at Hotel.
DAY 3: Sapa – Bac Ha Market (B, L)
– Have a breakfast at the hotelFansipan-challenge
– 7.30 am: tour guide pick you up to start tour with a group by bus. It’s take you about 2,5 hours from Sapa to Bac Ha.
– The largest and most colorful market is held weekly on Sunday from morning to 2h PM in the area with many different ethnic groups such as Flower H’Mong, Black Dao and Nung minorities. The locals bring their own products (corn wine, pigs, horses, even dogs) to this market for sale and they also buy necessary things for their families. It’s not only a market, but a chance for them to meet, talk and enjoy their lives.
– After your lunch at a local restaurant, you will visit Hoang A Tuong’s Palace. As known as H’Mong’s King (Vua Meo – named Hoang A Tuong)’s Palace built from 1914 to 1921. Designed by French and Chinese architects. During the French Colonial period, this is a biggest house in Bac Ha.
– 2.30 pm: Go back Lao Cai city by bus.
– At 4PM, Take a bus back to hanoi
– Arrival in Hanoi at 10 pm.
– Tour end.
– The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
– Special request (diet or vegetarian, etc) should be sent before your departure date.
– Tourists should bring a jacket enough warm to avoid cold because the weather in sapa often have low temperatures at night and winter, you should use sneakers to facilitate throughout tour itinerary.
– Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin).
– Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner.
– English speaking guide.
– Entrance fee
– International & domestic flight ticket.
– Visa arrangement.
– Drinks, travel insurance, other meals.
– Tips & personal expenses.
* Children rates:
– Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
– Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-11 years) sharing bed with parents.
– Over 11 years is adult’s rate.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please be careful because many travel agencies could offer you the same tour with cheaper price but in fact, they send you to budget tour which is bad quality. If you would like to go to Sapa by train, you need to pay US$45 more.