The apartment is large and covers the entire top floor of a townhouse in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Brooklyn. You'll be close to all major train lines, amazing restaurants, charming boutiques and Brooklyn's tree-lined streets.
This is full floor apartment of a 100+ year old townhouse -- it comes with a ton of charm and also some fun quirks. It has hardwood floors, and nice large windows on both sides of the apartment, so there's a lot of natural light throughout the day. There's a full kitchen (I will provide you with a four-burner stove, full-size oven, full-size refrigerator and microwave - though the appliances are on the older side). There are also a few extra cutting boards, additional prep space and a small kitchen table (I've tried to capture the entire space in the photos). There's one full bathroom, large with a tub and window, but again, on the older side. The two bedrooms are totally separated -- one is off the kitchen and the second is off the living room (they are completely private from each other and do not share a wall). One bedroom has a queen-sized bed and the second bedroom has a full-size bed.
This is the only apartment on the top floor -- so there isn't any noise from our neighbors. The apartment is on Court Street -- along with Smith Street one block away, it's one of the best streets in NYC for restaurants, shops, and bars. Court Street is a bustling, popular street and there is some street and foot traffic outside the West side of the apartment (so there is noise from the street, mostly during the day. The apartment is on the fourth floor which helps separate the apartment from all the action downstairs).
Overall, Cobble Hill is a very family-oriented area with a strong small-town neighborhood feel -- a really nice blend of quiet and bustling convenience.
My roommate and I both travel quite a bit for work and are looking to share our space when one or both of us are out of town (or working a lot and using the apartment minimally). It is our home and not a rental, so there is some storage and closet space (but not a lot) and our personal belongings will be around.
One thing to note: The apartment is a fourth floor walk up -- there aren't extremely high ceilings so the flights are short, but be prepared if you have a lot of large luggage.
The apartment is 2 blocks from the F/G trains, a 10 minute walk to Borough Hall and the 2/3/4/5 trains and also a 10 minute walk to Jay Street and the A/C/R trains. There is a bus that runs down Court Street and stops very near to the apartment, and another couple buses that stop at Atlantic Ave. just a two blocks away.
Disponible para huéspedes
There is a key for the building, and then other keys for the apartment door. I will get those handed off to you when you arrive -- either meeting one of us personally, or one of our awesome neighbors.
Atención a los huéspedes
I'll mostly stay out of your way, but I'm always available -- mostly over email, text, or phone -- if you have any questions or want any tips on where to go and what to do and see when you're in New York City. Plus, if you want to see someone and have a chat when I'm at work, I have friends in the neighborhood who are always available if you need to see a friendly face.
Otros aspectos destacables
The apartment has four windows (bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedroom) and the building has radiator heating (which is typical of pre-war apartments in New York). There are four radiators throughout the apartment and it's very cozy - you're welcome to open the windows for fresh air or to bring cold air into the apartment, but I try to keep it at a very comfortable temperature.
We are happy to welcome you into our home, but it is in fact our home and not a vacation rental. Our clothes will be in the closet and our food in the pantry, and we ask that you respect the space and our things. We are happy to provide you with necessities (pans? Go ahead! Q-tips? I can tell you where they are - no problem!) but ask that you treat our privacy and the space with respect.
By requesting and paying for accommodation in the Floor of Townhouse in Heart of Brooklyn you agree to the following terms:
- OCCUPANCY - This is a 2 BR apartment so for the sake of comfort, we limit maximum occupancy to TWO Adults. Additional guests and visitors can be accommodated for a small fee, but they must be pre-approved by Owner in advance.
- FURNISHINGS – Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, books, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property must not be taken. Thanks!
- AMENITIES – Extra bed linen, bath towels, and toiletries are provided with the room but are not changed during your stay.
- WASTE - There is a small garbage can for waste disposal, but we ask you to use the recycling bins for appropriate materials.
- SMOKING - No smoking is allowed in the apartment.
- PETS – Sorry, we can't host your pets. Pets are not permitted.
- KEYS – Please leave the keys in the apartment before checking out. If key is lost there is a $30 replacement fee (keys are expensive!).
- ACTS OF GOD – Owner shall not be liable and cannot offer a refund for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guest(s) occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather.
- INDEMNIFICATION and HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever
arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).
Este anfitrión tiene 28 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
I was born and raised in the Midwest but have lived in Brooklyn for more than 10 years. I produce events and work with artists - and I travel around the country for work and pleasure quite often. I love my neighborhood and am constantly out and about and enjoying it whenever I have the opportunity.