Oh, so charming cottage set on beautiful lush acreage with amazing forest views. A secluded retreat that invites you into the warmth of country style living in the redwood forest. Two large bedrooms, full kitchen, open-plan living & dining room with fire, cable TV, air conditioning or central heating for all seasons, hot tub, huge deck, cottage garden & dramatic forest views. A magical setting perfectly placed minutes from the renowned Spirit Rock Meditation Centre & San Geronimo Golf Course.
Located in Marin County this 2 bedroom, 1 bath haven is nestled among towering Redwood and Douglas Fir trees and is just minutes from the restaurants and shopping of Fairfax.
This delightful 1300 sq ft - 2 level home invites you into the warmth of country style furnishings in the redwood forest – but still close enough to the city not to feel isolated.
Pippin's Cottage sits on nearly 3 acres of its own private land – picnics, outdoor entertaining, bird watching, sun bathing and star gazing go hand-in-glove with this tranquil setting.
The entry, living room, master bedroom and dining room all have attractive hardwood floors. There is a wood burning stove for cozy evenings in on cool nights. The inside dining area seats six people - glass doors lead to a huge deck that is perfect for lounging and outdoor dining and is topped-off by a rustic-style hot tub right on the deck.
Full amenities and services:
WIFI: If you like to stay in touch there is complimentary WiFi access and free US phone calls
TV: There are TVs with Comcast & Netflix in the living room and a connected TV in the downstairs bedroom
KITCHEN: When you're in the mood to call upon your culinary skills, the kitchen is equipped with everything you could need. Pretty views out into the woodlands and a lovely cottage style garden of colorful flowers can be enjoyed as you potter about.
As you sit on the front porch you have views of a lush forest of trees. The other side of the cottage has an expansive private deck and is a perfect place to relax, grill (propane gas – no messing with charcoal), dine and plunge into the hot tub.
On the lower level you'll find a large, bright master bedroom with a new, extremely comfortable, queen-size bed, with Euro feather comforter and plump pillows. There is a window seat large enough to lie fully extended and dream the day away. Beautiful toile bedding and blackout drapes complete this sumptuous room.
On the main level you will find a bright, spacious and inviting second bedroom with quintessential red & white check gingham bedding, two twin beds and stylish antique furniture make this room very attractive. If the moment takes you and writing is your passion there is a writing desk surrounded by forest-view windows for inspiration.
Both bedrooms have luxury linens and comforters to keep you warm and cozy.
Downstairs is a large utility room complete with washer and dryer for your convenience.
Come and experience the charm of Pippin's Cottage in Woodacre. A romantic getaway for two or a great family vacation with a private bedroom retreat upstairs as well as downstairs.
When you're looking for a vacation rental consider these factors:
1. Is the home freshly painted?
2. Is the garden attractive with colorful flowers and well maintained? Is there ample outdoor lighting so you can see at night?
3. Is the furniture welcoming, comfortable and a pleasure to observe?
4. Is the home on a quiet street with no traffic? And does it have world class views?
5. Are there new, quality mattresses for a solid night’s sleep? Plenty of linens, feather pillows, comforters & fluffy towels?
6. Is the kitchen equipped with cooking utensils, attractive china, silver, glassware and wine glasses?
7. Is there a hot tub & large deck to enjoy all that Mother Nature has to offer?
8. Is there fast WiFi & phone to keep you connected and is there cable TV to entertain you when you want to stay-in?
9. Is there a wood burning fire to keep you warm on cool nights and an air conditioner to cool you down on steamy days?
10. Is your vacation rental pet friendly so you can bring your four-legged family?
Pippin’s Cottage answers yes to all the above …
Disponible para huéspedes
You will have access to the entire property and its grounds which span nearly 3 acres.
Atención a los huéspedes
We like to give our guests privacy - so we won't be in your shadow every time you turn around. We may welcome you on arrival, or leave the key in the lock box.
Otros aspectos destacables
Drive 45 minutes across the Golden Gate Bridge and you will discover one of the most captivating places in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We ask that you treat Pippin’s Cottage as your home and help maintain it for other guests to enjoy.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only - if smoking outdoors be responsible in disposing of your cigarette butts - we are in drought conditions
2. Minimum age for Renters is 25 years
3. If bringing a pet - they are not allowed on any furniture, or to be left alone in the cottage when you go out
4. Be respectful of the neighbors - although they are not on the doorstep, sound travels far in the quiet of the forest. Noise should be kept low to respect other homeowners in the area. No loud music or late night gatherings permitted
5. Check-in after 3:30pm and check-out by 11:00am
6. All rental prices include the mandatory California State TOT (Temporary Occupancy Tax) of 10%
7. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Airbnb Guest
8. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or while using amenities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. It is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
10. Only use appliances for their intended purposes
11. Guests should occupy beds and not use sofas for overnight or overflow sleeping purposes
12. Parking is limited to 3 vehicles in the designated area at the front of the cottage
13. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage. For stays of 7 days or more, once a week housekeeping services are provided in the rental rate. If the guest wishes to schedule additional housekeeping, arrangements can be made with the homeowner at an additional fee
14. Please make sure the firepit is not left unattended. Do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the firepit
15. Unattended children are NOT permitted in the hot tub
16. Private events or social gatherings that exceed the rental party should be approved by the homeowner in advance
I'm Kathryn, an Australian-born interior designer married to Charles, an America-born CEO. We have lived and worked all over the world and we now call the USA home. We live 40 minutes north of San Francisco in a beautiful hilltop retreat. Charles has two adult children who live in the UK.
We travel extensively and prefer to stay in properties that feel like 'home' rather than stay in hotels. As we're relatively newly settled in the USA we have a long 'wish list' of places to visit on home soil. We love the performing arts and are patrons of several theatre companies. We also have a passion for exploring the great outdoors with our two dogs, and of course, we love visiting family and friends in the far-flung corners of the globe.
During his many years living in London Charles rented-out his own property to the vacation market - so we know how wonderfully it works from both sides.
We are mature, cheerful and respectful people (both non-smokers) who will take good care of any property we visit. If traveling with our pets we ensure they are beautifully behaved in our home away from home.