We are located in the heart of beautiful Muskoka, nestled in between a granite outcropping of the Canadian Shield and a field frequented by local wildlife. This self-contained apartment features two bedrooms, a living room with a sofa bed, kitchenette, and full bathroom. Minutes from beaches, trails, restaurants, and local attractions. Experience the beauty of Muskoka in summer or winter away from the town crowds, but still near everything you'll need. We look forward to having you!
The Field and Shield accommodates up to 8 guests. One bedroom has a double bed and the second has a double bed and one set of bunk beds. A pull-out sofa bed in the living room provides sleeping space for two more person, if needed. You have a private bathroom, renovated last year, with tub and shower. If you want to prepare your own meals instead of visiting local restaurants, the kitchenette is equipped with a fridge, hot plates, a toaster oven, and microwave. A portable BBQ is available to use either here on the property or at one of the nearby parks. Dishes, cutlery, pots and pans are provided for your use.
Disponible para huéspedes
The rental of the apartment includes the use of the outside yard and BBQ, with a lovely view of the fields and a nearby horse farm. We also have a wooden playground that any children are welcome to use, as long as they are happy to make friends with our kids! We have a campfire pit nestled on a granite rock, and there is ample free parking.
Atención a los huéspedes
The apartment is self-contained but we are also in the house if you need us. We provide information about the area and its various attractions and activities when you arrive. If you prefer privacy, we are happy to respect your wishes.
- No smoking in the apartment or garage. Please collect butts if you smoke outside.
- The fire pit is available for use, but please abide by the directives of the local fire rating, which we can explain upon your arrival. If you do have a fire, please extinguish fully by dousing with water.
- We have neighbours nearby so please keep the volume down after 10pm.
- No guests or visitors, please.
- Please treat the Field and Shield as you would your own home, and leave it in the same condition as when you arrived.
I am a grade 3/4 teacher and my husband is a carpenter. We live in Port Carling, Ontario, Canada with our three young children, Oliver, Ben, and Ivy.