Respuesta de Darko:
Peter and his family seemed a large but very nice family. There were eight of them: Peter, his wife and six teenage children.
We welcomed them in a manner of good hosts with a welcome drink (a bottle of vine, and a several bottles of water cooling down in the fridge).
The Villa was impeccably clean and tidy for them as it was for every guest.
The day before check-out Peter sent me a SMS message asking me to let them check-out at 12:00 o'clock instead of 10:00 and, considering the size of the family we let them stay, although the next group was due to check-in that day about 7:00 PM.
However, we were stunned with the state of which they left the Villa after the check-out; it was everything but expected, we just couldn't believe our eyes!
In addition to the broken parasol, there was:
- a broken handle on the tap in the garden,
- broken bed,
- the house wasn't just dirty it was beyond recognition, actually it was in a disgraceful state,
- the bed mats were used as a doormats all around the Villa and were beyond recognition, full of dirty foot marks,
- eleven beddings were used instead of eight, and all of them were extremely dirty,
- towels and a several linens were full of yellow and black stains, probably from the make-up and/or from some kind of essential oil, which we had to take to dry cleaner in order to save some of them, but eventually we couldn't save four towels, and three linens, actually they couldn't be used anymore for the renting purpose,
- a burned pot which we had to throw out into the trash bin,
- the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes and pots!
Usually we need about 3-4 hours to clean the Villa and get it ready for the next group, whereas in this case we needed six and a half hours for the same job. Since we couldn't use the bed mats, we had to take them from another Villa.
Same thing happened with the beddings since they used the beddings from the closed where we keep all beddings ready for the next group.
Furthermore, we found out on 24th July that Peter and his six teenage children exceeded internet limit by spending 100 GB during their stay of two weeks, and consequently our internet service provider reduced the strength of the signal which caused additional problem, namely the guests who checked-in after Peter didn't have a normal wi-fi signal and they kept complaining and asking for compensation!
I did demand a compensation not for the sake of the money, but for the sake of the principles!
In that way, hopefully, next time, in somebody else's house, they will take more care of other people's property given to them to use with full confidence!