• 1 private room in a 7-room, two-story Craftsman home/GUESTHOUSE.
• Shared household bathroom
• 1 king bed for 1 or 2 guests (additional cost for 2+ guests)
• 1 twin bed (in a nook) for a 3rd guest
• Near everything: Convention Center, downtown, Northeast, Southeast & Pearl district and much more.
FIRST THINGS UPON BOOKING:
1. Please read the HOUSE MANUAL and house RULES that are in your Airbnb confirmation email.
• You might need to look in your spam folder if it's not in your inbox and/or use a computer vs the app to access the manual as it doesn't alway work on mobile devises.
• Our address, all house access info, instructions on finding your room, WIFI codes, etc as well as conduct expectations are all listed there.
• They will guide you around the house in the event of self-check in.
• **Please prepare in advance by familiarizing yourself before your arrival and letting us know of any questions you may have.**
WALKING LIBERTY ~ HOUSE RULES
Many of the house rules would be considered commons sense to some and yet, we have found it prudent to be specific.
If these seem straight forward to you then wonderful! You will have a very easy stay. If these seem challenging or irritating then you may prefer accommodations elsewhere.
~ This is a smoke and drug free house.
• If you wish to smoke cigarettes please do so off the property and away from the doors and windows (not on the porch)
• Do NOT leave any butts or ashes ANYWHERE.
~ No animals :-( We love them, but can not have them in the house.
~ Please keep perfumes and colognes to a minimum and be sure to ventilate the area after spraying.
~ FOOD / KITCHEN:
• The food & condiments in the kitchen are for private use.
• Please only use what you have brought and...
• Help yourself to anything labeled “FREE” or “GUEST” but please only eat your own food otherwise.
• LABEL whatever you bring into the kitchen with your NAME and DATE.
• Labeled food items may be stored in the guest refrigerator or on the wire shelf next to the fridge.
• Should you happen to cook fish, PLEASE make sure the kitchen is well VENTILATED, so as to not smell up the rest of the house.
~ CLEAN UP:
• Please clean up after yourself...
• Particularly in the common areas and the kitchen (See posted clean up instructions in kitchen).
• Trash and recycling are under the kitchen sink.
• Cleaning supplies are in the laundry area behind the door.
• Do not leave any kitchen items in the rooms when you check out.
• Please let us know if there are any issues such as stains, damage, major spills, etc. We understand that sometimes things happen and appreciate being told when they do rather then discovering it after you've checked out.
~ EATING AREAS:
• FOOD AND DRINKS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN YOUR ROOMS OR THE BASEMENT (except water).
• You may eat in the kitchen and please fully clean up after yourself. Thank you very much for complying with this, as it makes a huge difference in regards to bugs and rodents.
• Towels, washcloths, shampoo, conditioner and body wash are provided.
• Keep your towels, washcloths & toiletries in your room and do not leave them in the bathrooms.
• Please use the ventilation fans during your shower and remember to remove your hair from the shower after use.
• There are two full bathrooms (main floor and second floor) and two half baths (main floor and basement).
• The full baths have a signup list so everyone has fair access to showers when needed.
• Please use the shower on the same floor as your room. The two half baths may be used by anyone.
• We appreciate your help in keeping the bathrooms clean to be enjoyed by everyone.
~ EXTRA GUESTS / VISITORS:
• Door codes may NOT be shared with visitors or anyone not a registered guest.
• Daytime visitors for short periods are cool.
• Any overnight visitors will be charged the additional guest fee and must be approved in ADVANCE by Ian, Sharmil or Sharon.
• Approved guests may only sleep in the bedrooms and not in any common areas.
• Please advise your visitors to introduce themselves to us if we run into them in the house. We protect our space and our guests space and can be a bit abrupt if someone is in the house who we are not expecting.
~ IT'S A SHARED SPACE and an OLD HOUSE:
• There is no curfew. You may come and go as you please with respect to others.
***When coming in at night please pay extra attention to close doors quietly and walk softly. It is an OLD house and sound travels.
Please be gentle with the doors and windows as they are primarily original to the house built in 1908!
• Quiet hours: 10:00 PM to 9:00 AM
Please respect that this is a shared space, with other guests and tenants who get up for work in the morning.
• Loud walking, stomping & talking will be addressed, if after 10 PM.
~ COMMON AREAS & COURTESY:
• The kitchen, foyer, basement & bathrooms are common areas for guest use.
• Please use headphones when watching movies / TV or using personal devices.
• The finished basement is available for your enjoyment and hanging out. Feel free to use any games or entertainment provided.
• *There is no food or drinks allowed in the basement (except water) and quite hours are from 10 PM to 9 AM.
• Please do not sleep in the basement. You may be awakened and asked to return to your room if you wish to continue sleeping. Thank you for understanding how this effects the free use of the space by other guests.
• Feel free to turn on lights as needed and please also turn lights off when you are done.
~ HEATING / COOLING / VENTILATION:
• DO NOT adjust the thermostat as it effects other tenants in the building and it will freeze up and stop working if set too low.
• If you need something to be more comfortable, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
• There are fans available in each room and extra blankets may be provided.
~ OFF-LIMITS AREAS:
• The house has coded locks so if you don't know the code or have a key, that room is not for you. ;-) Do not go into other peoples rooms.
We want you to leave with a smile on your face. :-) If there is anything we can do to improve your stay please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Este anfitrión tiene 1626 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We are Ian, Sharmil & Sharon (Sharmil's mom)
Ian & Sharmil and are both Desire-based life coaches and OM trainers. Our work is often in the areas of relationships, communication, intimacy, connection, and how to live a fulfilled life lead by desire rather than fear. We are blessed to be able to work from home. Sharmil is also a professional photographer on hiatus.
Sharon (Sharmil's mom) aka "the house mom" is great for the warm motherly touch, advise or conversation or sometimes the swift kick in the butt, when needed. ;-)
If you have the privilege to meet this wonderful soul, know that she is our trusted partner and please treat her as you would or better than your own mother.
A little about our hosting approach:
We find that community is an essential part of our way of life. I jokingly (and kind of seriously) say "Now that you're here, you are family. Now that you know this, are you sure you want to stay?" ;-) That's because this is our home, the home of our chosen family and everyone we invite into it is done with love and we don't hide anything. We are real people who live real lives under this big beautiful roof and do our best to live what we teach.
That being said, if you want a retreat and would prefer to keep to yourself that's totally cool too...all part of being real. We need time to ourselves as well.
Our goal and desire is for our home to be your home-away-from-home and perhaps you will come to love it (in all it's quarks) as much as we do.
*And we love greetings and farewells with hugs*
We (Sharon included) have lived well traveled lives and that is a large part of why we decided to start a guesthouse in our home. Having been a guest countless times over our lives and travels has instilled an appreciation for the value of a home over a hotel.
We are happy to offer each of our guests one free introductory coaching session (on any topic of interest) with either of us. You can speak with us about it during your stay or message us via the app to set up an appointment.
Sessions are up to an hour long and can be done in person during your stay, or via phone/video chat if we don't have an opportunity to meet with you while you are in town.
And if you are interested but want to know more about what we do, we are happy to answer any questions.