Sunny & lovely large modern room in Artist's architect designed house, great views, excellent transport. Zone 2 - 9Mins to Liverpool St / 6mins to KingsX
Stroll to independent bars & coffee shops & gastro pubs, yoga, farmers market, fab restaurants.
Lovely garden, friendly Super Host, happy 2 advise on all things East / London with it's great community vibe! Overlooks green Common, easy access to all London & its culture of 'urban villages' - Westfield, Olympic Park, Welcome to my world :) !
Lovely Big Room in great London location (trees and open space - its nice ! ) Bright, Light and Calm. Architect/Artist designed contemporary house.
Transport superfast to the city -
20 mins to Oxford Circus.
6 Mins to KingsX on Javelin!
10 mins to Liverpool St. Lots of Transport options!
Safe for women at night as bus from tube station to house.
Double windows and sanded wooden floors, dimmable down-lighters, black-out blinds/cream curtains, newly fitted wardrobe with built in shelves , easy chair, side table, desk, Double bed with new memory foam mattress 2017. Lovely courtyard garden.
Breakfast included for first week of a stay - organic eggs / granola, yogurt, good bread etc
Use of host's Tate, British Museum, RA, ICA & Barbican membership cards ( shh !)
Easy going household who are pretty busy getting on with professional artists’ work and postgraduate studies.
Large well equipped contemporary Kitchen (i love to cook) with double oven/ 5 burner gas hob, microwave / dishwasher / washing machine / lovely large courtyard garden that turns around the corner and then along to my studio!
The house is a bit of a magnet for creative friendly people (artists welcome) who get on with their life and will be warmly welcomed to share a great space with friendly house mates and even the odd meal and glass of wine.
• Very large open plan contemporary living room with beautiful reclaimed maple floor, sofa, huge habitat carpet etc.
• White gloss kitchen with 5 ring hob, big fridge, double fan oven if you love cooking, microwave if you don’t! Slate floor, glass shelving, Walnut sink Island, very well equipped kitchen, dishwasher ....washing machine for guests of course!
• New Central heating - Eco house so nice and warm and open fire on cold nights for feel good factor (love a real fire!)
• Large dining table for 8 people with French doors across whole of dining space onto lovely large courtyard garden with Cherry, Apple, Fig, Pear trees etc.
• Walnut stairs leading up to next floor. This house has four sets of stairs - its very unusual contemporary architecture!
• Big bathroom with white mosaic and resin tiles with power shower -Two friendly people share the house a professional visual artist / arts manager and so there are no huge queues for the bathroom!
• A non smoking house, mostly veggie, though there is no preference in this for house guests at all.
• Superfast Broadband
•Parking on street/outside house- free 6.30pm to 8am
• Excellent public transport Central line/Jubilee/DLR 10 mins away by bus. **Bus stops less than 1 min away** - Stratford 10 mins bus/5 mins by car.
• 5 mins walk to Wanstead Park Overland to West London - tip: take this line to BlackHorse road (12 mins) and jump onto Victoria Line to get into central london (10 mins) - very fast route!
• 8 Mins walk Forest Gate: Overland to L'Pool St (10 mins )/ Stratford (1 min)...... Stratford is a transport Superhub: Central, Jubilee, DLR to London City Airport, regular buses to Stansted Airport the amazing Javelin link to St Pancras International in 6mins, overland train to Cambridge, the east and the Essex coast!
• North Circ and A12: 5 mins drive away.
• Excellent Access to the City. Stratford to Holborn 16 mins on Central Line!
• Very good for runners on Common!
•Happy to be flexible on short/longer lets: breakfast provided on stays of a week or less.
£15 EXTRA per night for an extra person
Disponible para huéspedes
Rest of house with all amenities, kitchen & large living room and a lovely garden. Take shoes off at the door :)
Big clean bathroom and well equipped kitchen with dishwasher!
Please do not cook after 10pm as its open plan and respectful to others - feel free to prepare a sandwich though at any time of day!
Atención a los huéspedes
Whenever they need me, advice freely given & I am always on the end of a text for instant support or ideas on local amenities!
Otros aspectos destacables
free on street parking is available outside the house and on surrounding streets from 6.30pm until 8am - some free daytime parking 8 mins walk from house :)
*Lovely (URL HIDDEN) not make Instant Bookings at my place unless you have a traveller's track record of three good reviews with airbnb as I will not be able to host you without sight of this..
*Please do not try to make instant bookings for anyone other than yourself as I hold respectfully to the airbnb code for safety and consideration to my guests.
Please do not book anyone else into the house without discussing it with me first :)
No guests can use the address for a setting up a new bank account or for a visa without discussing it with me as this is not a permanent address for guests.
Children are welcome 5 years + as the stairs are not good for infants :)
Not many rules once here! Take off your shoes and relax... as the stairs are walnut wood so can be noisy if you come in late so we chill without!
Communal spaces of the bathroom and kitchen are always clean and how you would like to find them.
Please use squeegee after shower to leave bathroom fresh and dry, takes 30 seconds max :)
If you don't know how something works do ask, help is at hand... just text me if I'm not around!
Please use the extractor over the hob or open the back doors if you wish when you are cooking as its an open plan house and it keeps it all pleasant for everyone. Summer we let the garden in!
Help yourself to any cooking spices/herbs/oils etc whilst you are here ... the kitchen is well equipped for all levels of food prep so enjoy.
Large Jar of Granola always on the side, and tea and coffee facilities for whenever ...
The Cleaner comes on a Friday at 10am until 1pm - please be out of the house during this time so she can do her magic- she cleans all rooms - and for short term stays of up to a month, she will also change bedding once a week for you! One month + Cleaner will change sheets every two weeks. If for whatever reason you can't be out just let me know and the cleaner will miss your room out no problem :)
anything you need? just ask as I usually have it to share!
Sally here! I am an artist and co-lead a small artist led organisation called the drawing shed based in east london. I love hosting people from all over the world and welcome my guests to relax and enjoy a contemporary London home with its lush garden and its resident hen!
I am studying for a practice led doctorate in fine art and make work using drawing, sculpture and performance and socially engaged projects with custom made mobile arts spaces, including PrintBike an architect designed mobile print workshop powered by a Brompton fold-up bike!
I have a daughter too away at Uni, and a garden on the ground (!), a roof garden off my bedroom and I just love the open space in front of the house - as in London you need the balance of hectic and calm! I run on the common and enjoy a swim in an open air lido. I love cooking and the kitchen is equipped to reflect that.
I am a bit of a culture vulture too being an artist, and get out a lot to arts 'stuff' which I am happy to share with others. I hope that gives you a bit of an insight - I travel too and stay as an airbnb guest myself and value hugely the gift of the generosity of others!
I am busy but sociable and always happy to advise on local london stuff...
Just in case you are a Farmers market kind of a person, ) and here in Forest Gate we now have weekly food markets on with a great atmosphere and the very decent Forest Tavern food pub .... good local cafes: the Wanstead Tap & a new wine bar, both very individual local bars & a music comedy venue is just around the corner, as is a craft cider press with great pizzas on Fridays &. Saturdays - and of course Coffee7 and Cafe Familia: our glorious independent coffee shops, two of many great local food places & gastro pubs; Leytonstone has fab cafés (All you Read Is Love) / restaurants and the stunning planting and facilities of the Olympic Park & Hackney too are a stones throw away. Stratford - one of London's largest transport interchanges, has great pubs, theatres, cinemas and the huge Westfield shopping centre ... ask me anything you need to know!