The couch is bonded leather, which is flaking and shedding. It is very comfortable, and the right size for the space, and I am having difficulty replacing it.
There is one dresser drawer in the second bedroom (which was not used); there are SIX large drawers under the double bed (where the Brams stayed).
I explained and apologized for the incomplete cleaning; the Brams refused me the opportunity to finish.
Although they said it was unnecessary to compensate them, it is my custom to try to please guests and so I did post a 10% credit ($35) to their account. Far from being appreciative, they yelled at me "WE TOLD YOU NOT TO!" In truth, although they did initially DECLINE the credit, they did NOT "tell [me] not to." Although they said they were unhappy with the credit, they did not return it -- and never thanked me for it.
They are mistaken when they say that I "did [cleaning] anyway," they are mistaken. I believe that, seeing I had replaced the recycling bin at the rear of the suite, they ASSUMED I had cleaned. I had not, and, fearing contact with them after our initial encounter, had merely opened the fire door at the back of the suite and slid it in.
Believing they were unhappy in my suite (but reluctant to incur financial penalty), I DID find a suite in a very nice motel with two double beds, free breakfast, and a heated pool for the same price. For this, they yelled at me, "WE DON'T STAY IN HOTELS!!"
I am very disappointed that the Brams would:
- Say they were SO unhappy, yet INSIST on staying and THEN give a negative review
- Criticize my storage when they were sleeping on six large empty drawers in a room with a large, empty closet (and another dresser drawer and empty closet in the second bedroom) No one else has complained about this
- Refuse any opportunity to put things right, then complain that the suite's cleaning was incomplete
- Neglect to read the description of the suite (and the arrangements for more than two people), then criticize the fact that the second bedroom connects to its ensuite in a doorless fashion. This design is due to the fact that I offer a handicapped-accessible, threshold-free suite. The second bathroom's privacy is ensured by the bedroom's door. If requested (AS INDICATED IN THE DESCRIPTION), there is a second half-bath which is part of the owner's suite for bathroom privacy during the night. No one reading the description of the suite and requesting a reservation should be surprised by this arrangement.
- You do NOT need to mop the bathroom when you use the shower. No one has ever complained about the shower. Again, it is for threshold-free access that the shower is even with the floor, which is tiled throughout the bathroom. The shower is three-sided, with one open side. I have of course used the shower myself and it mystifies me that the Brams could be so wild with the water that they'd have to mop the floor. They likely ASSUMED that was the arrangement as I had not finished cleaning, and was not allowed to retrieve the mop from the area of the bathroom.
It is disappointing and hurtful to me, to have hosted a couple like the Brams, who, being so obviously discontented from the start, would make it impossible for me to make it right. They seem to have loved the suite and have hated me, causing them to obsess over every imagined inconvenience or shortcoming, and to assume and imagine negative or contrary behaviour on my part. My first encounter with them had me in tears.
I'm not inspired to avenge my negative review in the manner of the Brams. I'm inspired to pity them for their dedication to making me pay here for wanting to complete my cleaning.
Let's be clear here: my sin is wanting to complete the cleaning of their suite. Although I wasn't allowed to do it, the Brams IMAGINED that I accessed their suite against their wishes, then accused me of violating their privacy.
What would surprise me here is an apology for their negative assumptions, for not reading the description -- and then criticizing the setup, and for behaving in a manner that would cause me and my neighbours to avoid them.