2 bd flat in 120 year old house (3rd fl) located in the Quinpool area. 2 bedrooms (real beds: queen & double) and fully equipped kitchen. Full of life with plants and sunlight. Comfortably accommodates 4, less-comfortably accommodates 6!
QEII Hospital: 15 min walk
Downtown: 35 min walk
Waterfront: 32 min walk
We are LGBTQ2 friendly & anti-racist. The House is not wheelchair accessible; there are 3 flights of stairs. We use unscented laundry detergent but this is not a scent free space.
The apartment fits 4 people comfortably with two bedrooms featuring one double and one queen size bed. We can fit up to 6 people including the futon in the living room. One bedroom is larger and one is smaller. There is a small but cozy living room, separate dining room and a private deck. Kitchen is fully outfitted for meals at home, all you need are the groceries. The bathroom has a clawfoot tub. Towels, blowdryer, shampoo/soap, etc. are available as well!
It's a neat old eccentric apartment! I love it. Some things people haven't loved are: The floors are not in the best shape, they are fine but have definitely seen better days aesthetically. Some of the walls are slope-y (it's a third floor apartment, built out from the attic). Taller folks may have to slouch in the shower.
The apartment can be happily used to have a few friends over while you're visiting the city.
We love the location because it easy access to downtown and major attractions but still in a quiet neighbourhood on a gated street. On major bus routes and its a 5 minute cab to downtown and we have parking (parking limited in winter months). Some people think that is close to downtown and some people find it far. All depends on your perspective. All we can say is that by Halifax standards it's extremely central and a very easy walk downtown.
QEII Hospital: 15 min walk
Spring Garden Rd (downtown): 23 min walk
Waterfront: 32 min walk
Disponible para huéspedes
Guest access is from the front door of the house and up the (beautifully refinished) stairs to the third floor. The staircase to your flat is shared with the entrance to ours, though the flats are entirely separate.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live in the flat below (bonus, you'll never be locked out!). We give an initial tour of the space and then it's all yours. We'll leave a "Halifax Manual" in the space with all necessities and recommendations listed (WIFI password, fave restaurants, emergency info, etc.) but are certainly free by phone or text to answer any questions you may have.
Otros aspectos destacables
If anything breaks or you need anything extra, just give us a buzz and we'll take care of you.
Most of all - We hope you have a wonderful visit to our home. We will do our best to ensure that you have everything you need, and hope you'll let us know if there's anything we can do to make it even better!
Upcoming Local Events!
In The Dead of Winter Music Festival, January 2017
Canada Day in Halifax-Dartmouth, July 1, 2017
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo, July 2017
Maritime Fiddle Festival, July 2017
TD Halifax Jazz Festival, July 2017
Lebanese Festival, July 2017
Halifax Pride Festival, July 2017
Halifax International Busker Festival, July 2017
Halifax Seaport Beerfest, August 2017
Atlantic Fringe Festival, August-September 2017
Atlantic Film Festival, September 2017
Halifax Electronic Live Music Festival (HELM), September 2017
Nocturne, October, 2017
Hal-Con, November, 2017
As well as year round attractions like Peggy's Cove, The Halifax Waterfront, Citadel Hill, The Central Library, The Public Gardens, and more!
We are LGBTQ2 friendly & anti-racist. We recycle and use only unscented laundry detergent. Please be warned that this is a 3rd floor apartment, the only way up is 3 short flights of stairs. There is one (1) free parking space included. But might be limited in winter months due to snow.
Hey! We want you to feel comfortable and enjoy yourself. Please go over these house rules in advance of your check in.
1. No pets.
2. No smoking in the apartment. Smoking is allowed on the deck, no problem, just please use the provided ashtray.
3. Unless otherwise negotiated in advance, check OUT is at 11 am and check IN is at 3 pm to give us time to make sure the place is ship shape and ready for your visit. We are very flexible on this, however, so if you need to stay a little later or arrive a little earlier, just discuss it with me and we'll see what we can do!
4. There is a tablet mounted on the wall. It's there for you to use. Order a cab, check the weather, or restaurant reviews, etc. Do not remove from the wall change settings, password, or remove from the apartment.
5. FOR CHECK OUT: Leave any keys on the key-hook. Unreturned keys will result in a ~$100 fee.
6. FOR CHECK OUT: Put used towels in the tub, wash any dishes. Turn heat down.
7. FOR BOOKINGS LONGER THAN 5 DAYS: Water plants as needed. If you do not wish to water plants we can arrange a time that is suitable for us to enter an maintain the many plants in this apartment.
8. BE MINDFUL OF POWER USEAGE. When you are not in the apartment turn the heat down and the lights off.
9. If something breaks or is lost inform us right away. NBD if it's a dish or a plate.
10. It's quiet after 11PM on 'school nights' (Sunday-Thursday) nights. Please be mindful of other people in the house and our neighbours. You might be on vacation, but the guests above you might be traveling for an early morning conference, and the people below will likely be getting up for work early.
Thanks! Hope hope you enjoy your stay!
Este anfitrión tiene 258 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Hi, I'm Georgie. I work in the Halifax Music Industry in sound engineering and Festival Administration (Halifax Jazz Festival, Pop Explosion, In the Dead of Winter, East Coast Music Awards etc). I work for most of the main larger music festivals in the city so pop me a message if you want to go! I have a little dog named Billy and we live in the bottom flat of my airbnb rentals.
My main rental is a large house on Yukon Street - it's 120 years old. It used to sit on a race track back then and was split into three apartments the way it is now. The house is old but it's solid and charming. I've lived in it for 12 years and it's my favorite spot. It's located in the Quinpool district of Halifax, parallel to Quinpool Road - home of several great restaurants.
I've enjoyed slowly doing renovations for my landlord, decorating these flats and hosting guests.
I use Airbnb when I travel! I've been to Dublin, Spain, Newfoundland and lots of other places while staying in airbnbs. Looking forward to hosting others on their trips to Halifax!