"The Attic B&B' is a new, purpose-built single en-suite guest room situated in a traditional over-dwelling in central Hebden Bridge. A home-cooked breakfast catering for all needs is included. There is a spacious shower, free Wifi and street parking.
There are dramatic views over Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley. The space is bright with two large triple-glazed skylights and a dormer window.
Disponible para huéspedes
There are two steep flights of stairs (with hand-rails) to 'the attic' guest room which is self-contained with its own key.
Atención a los huéspedes
I am retired and available to spend time with guests if needed.
I came to the Hebden Bridge area in 1975 to seat up a small organic farm on the hill-tops. At that time we had guests coming to stay for Working Weekends On Organic Farms (WWOOF). I spent 10 years as caretaker at a local village school and then trained to become an Occupational Therapist in 1995. I worked with Social Services in Rochdale until my retirement in 2011. Since retirement I have worked part-time as a carer and handy-person.
In 2010, I moved to 23 Melbourne Street - a back-to-back over-dwelling built in 1887 and live here on my own. I enjoy having friends to stay and my en-suite attic guest-room was built in 2014.
The 5 things I can't live without are:
1. Hill-walking and travelling with my partner, Marie. We particularly like visiting Scottish Islands .
2. Music - I play the piano and Marie plays the viola. We both sing in a local choir, Todmorden Choral Society. I used to give piano-lessons and I have a large collection of sheet music covering pop, jazz and classical pieces. I enjoy playing music with other people.
3. Reading - I have 3 book-cases full of books; I'm always buying more books.
4. Hebden Bridge - It is a great place to live and has amazing facilities for such a small town. There is a cinema, theatre, library, live-music venue, small concert hall, railway station, marina and 40 cafes / pubs / restaurants /take-aways. It is pedestrian-friendly with many foot-paths and a 20 mph speed limit.
5. Grandchildren - I am expecting my 11th grand-child in April.