Hidden in the backyard of a 100 year old factory building with views of the passing trains, this 160m² loft, was design & built by artist for artists, with inspiration from California beach culture, Wabi-sabi, & Feng shui, and using mostly repurposed and found materials. We now rent out this authentic loft for small private events (Important: we have no beds, and do not allow sleepovers, but we do allow you to clean up the next day).
Far from the noise of the busy street, the third story 160m² (1,700ft²) loft is located in the center of a vibrant counterculture neighborhood called Wedding, Mitte. A five minute taxi ride from Torstraße is all it takes to enter into another universe of Berlin not often seen by day to day citizens. The up and coming neighborhood full of quality underground night life, artists, delicious food, and beautiful city parks. The space, it's floors, fires, and the neighborhood are no doubt the perfect place for inspiring your creativity, and relaxing your mind. We look forward to sharing this very special universe we have created with you. Below are a few of the loft highlights:
• 2 wood burning fireplaces
• Giant windows with beautiful natural light (3rd floor facing NW).
• The trains passing by at eye-level (our personal favorite).
• Much of the material used to build the loft was repurposed. The giant doors, the wooden benches along the walls & the unique 100 years old hand-made floors.
• There are 2 kitchens with 3 propane burners, 2 induction burners, 2 electric ovens, 3 fridges, and 1 freezer.
• Four vintage JBL speakers from the 1970's
• The place is also set up for watching movies with an HD projector and a simple 1.5m wide screen (bigger screen available upon request - see photos).
• The bar was hand built and comfortably sits 10 people
• One giant oriental rug for hanging out (available on request)
• Air ventilation system that brings air in from outside to allow for fresh good times.
• NEED CATERING? JUST ASK! We host regular charity dinner parties in the space and have connections to a variety of chefs, menus, and prices.
NEED MORE SPACE? ASK ABOUT OUR EXTRA ROOMS!
Extra room #1 - The storage room behind the bar:
This 15m2 room I would almost always recommend. It can be used as a storage room for food and drinks, and is where we keep our 6 tables. It's directly behind the bar and only costs an extra 50 Euros a day.
Extra room #2 - Kitchen#2:
It has its own entrance, kitchen, fireplace, and it's own private bathroom, as well as its own stereo and speakers. The room has a blackout curtain thus is perfect for a small screening room, or an afternoon nap before the big event. The room is located behind the bar and uses the storage room to connect to the big room. We often us it for catering events. This room is an extra 100 euros (150 euros with storage room).
Extra room #2 - Behind the Giant Doors:
The room behind the giant doors is available upon request only. It gives you an extra 40m2. Please ask for prices.
Please contact us with any additional requests not mentioned here.
Disponible para huéspedes
For a small fee we can supply tables, seating, and dishes for up to 52 people.
Free of charge when you rent from us: Up to 3 fridges, and 1 freezer. Tables and settings (upon request), HD film projector, 5.1 surround sound system, Technics record player (upon request), TV, VCR (with many movies), PlayStation 1 (with many two player games), Ping Pong table with many paddles, bathrooms, internet, kitchen, bar and a key to the giant freight elevator.
Atención a los huéspedes
We have a staff which is available upon request to help at the bar, serve food, work the door, etc.
There are a lot of people using the building. Please be nice to your temporary neighbors.