2200 S/F Cottage on 8 Acre Lot for Ultimate Privacy. Four Season Paradise! 3+1 Bedrooms (The +1 is the Bunkie Included for Groups of 11 or More). Sleeps 12 in beds, 16 possible.Georgian Bay, Muskoka. 90 Mins to GTA, 20 mins to Mount St. Louis &40 mins to Horseshoe Valley.Privacy+. Minimum rental age is 25 years old.
Come and Relax Amidst Nature, on an 8 Acre Property without a neighbour in sight!
Enter the gates and wind your way down the long, enchanting driveway, lined with windswept pines and wild granite outcroppings. At the end, you will finally see the cottage, proudly overlooking the lake, perched atop the granite.
Ideally facing Southwest for all day sun, and beautiful, nightly sunsets, the cottage offers captivating views of the lake from all of the principal rooms. You will definitely see an abundance of wildlife during your holiday, whether indoors or out.
The great room is massive with 19 foot vaulted ceiings, and a huge electric stone fireplace at one end, featuring an beam circa 1850 for a mantle, reclaimed from a barn in Sutton Ontario several years ago, and a gigantic stone hearth that is ideal for warming up on with a cup of hot cocoa. If there is one compliment that we get over and over again about the great room (which is the entire main level), it is that it is flooded with natural light. With a huge wall of windows and 6 skylights, it is a very wonderful space. The living area is large and comfy, featuring an entertainment area, games table (which doubles as a second dining table for large groups) and lots of seating. There are over 100 movies to watch and at least 10 board games to play. There are also a few toys tucked away upstairs that might interest younger children.
The living room flows into the dining area with a long table with seating for 10, along with an extra table, and an open kitchen with island, granite countertops and high quality appliances. The kitchen is fully stocked for your convenience, so pack lightly! Don't bother bringing spices and cling wrap, sugar or tin foil, and we might even have a can of peas if you forgot one. Because we use our cottage too, and we want you to feel welcomed, we leave some of our cupboards stocked with basic kitchen items. You will find tea and various canned goods. If you bring everything that you think you will need, that is best, but we don't mind sharing if you run out or forgot something. Have a good time. When you leave, maybe leave a few non-perishables to share with us, or the next guests. It makes it kind of fun for everyone this way!
The main level leads to the mezzanine with a broad, open, curved oak staircase. Once upstairs, you can see what everyone is up to down below from the hallway, which is great for parents LOLs. There are clerestory windows along the sides of the soaring ceilings in the upstairs hallway, which allow it to flood with light. Each of the 3 bedrooms open to this hallway, but we have kept them darker, with dark window coverings for a great night's sleep. The bedding is clean and comfortable but will not be matching necessarily. This is a cottage, right! The first bedroom, the guest master, has a queen sized bed with a covered opening that overlooks the great room, and a desk for a laptop etc. The second bedroom offers a king sized bed and a single bed and has a mini lounge set up with a DVD/VCR for watching movies, a coffee table and a love seat. The third bedroom has a single over double bunk style bed, and a conventional single over single bunk bed. The fourth bedroom is reserved for groups of 11 or more, and is the bunkie, a detached sleeping cabin in the woods (close to the cottage). It is available for smaller groups for an additional charge of $89.
Also found off the hallway is the laundry area and large, spa-like bathroom. This area has been designed to offer luxurious finishes such as slate and granite, with a huge stone rain head shower and jetted jacuzzi tub. There is also a skylight positioned in the centre of the room to capture as much light as possible. Relax, treat yourself!
For large groups (11 or more) for those of you really wanting to commune with nature, may we suggest a night in the bunkie. Set back in the woods about 80 feet from the back door of the cottage is an adorable little cabin with a huge picture window, hardwood floors and a double sleeper sofa. Although it can get hot or cold at various times of the year, it is cozy and surrounded by nature.
Outside, we have left a 14 foot aluminum row boat for you to use, along with a variety of sizes of life jackets, and dip net, all of which are on a use-at-your-own risk basis. Favourite outdoor activities include fishing, dip netting, canoeing or kayaking (bring own), going out in the boat, nature walks, birding and nature photography, exploring the property, trampolining, outdoor bonfires, XC skiing and snowshoeing, tobogganing,and hide and seek. For those of you who would like to bring your own equipment, Mount St. Louis is only a 20 minute drive for skiing or snowboarding, or for those bringing ATV's, Honey Harbour is an ATV friendly town, and it is not uncommon to see them on the road. Boats can also be launched in town, and our lake is ideal for Seadoos. If you are a snowmobiler, you can take off onto the lake right in front. There are also lots of places to go on the property itself with bike, or sleds. Many of the children who visit the cottage spend hours dip netting and fishing from the dock, or playing on the grounds. Many parents are surprised to see them actually playing, like we used to, not merely providing a landing pad for a phone, ipod or other electronic devices. Suggestion ... leave those items locked in the car, only use in case of emergency LOL.
Just a quick note about the waterfront. I describe the waterfront as a shallow, natural, wildlife waterfront. The shining blue waters in the Spring give way to wetland grasses and lily pads in the summer. After the first frost in the fall, the weeds disappear, returning the lake to its blue waters in time for winter, when they freeze into a sheet of ice. THE WATERFRONT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR SWIMMING. I put this in upper case letters simply to ensure that you see it. Dip net, fish, seadoo, boat, canoe, kayak, have fires beside it, gaze at the stars above it, but please do not swim in it. There are 2 beautiful sandy beaches within a 2 or 5 mile drive. The bottom can be a bit mucky here and the weeds do grow in. If tons of swimming, right out front, is what you crave, then this is not the right cottage for you.
Most of our guests are either family groups, or mature adult groups looking for a place to relax, cooks some nice meals, drink some good wine, and reconnect with each other and with nature in a relaxing and comfortable setting. We take a lot of pride in providing a nice, clean, well maintained cottage, at an affordable price, within which you can make lasting memories with your friends and loved ones.
Disponible para huéspedes
The guests will have access to an indoor electric fireplace, an outdoor lakeside firepit, a row boat, a canoe, 8 acres to explore, a dock, a bunkie if rented, 3 bedrooms inside the cottage, a fully provisioned kitchen (just bring food and drinks), bedding, towels, a starter roll of paper towel, one large bar of soap for the shower, hand soaps, kitchen towels, 4 rolls of toilet paper, and laundry facilities with laundry powder. There are 2 TV's and 2 DVD players (one with VCR) and a large chest with hundreds of older VHS movies and DVD. Tons of children's movies. There are also lots of board games. We offer satellite TV with 130 channels plus the BeIn channel for European Soccer fans like us! Please note that you must use your phone or laptop or call Bell if you can't figure out how to run the remote control for the satellite TV. It is not difficult but I am not able to provide remote tech support so please self-help if you run into difficulty.
Atención a los huéspedes
On an as needed basis. I may call to make sure that guests have arrived safely, and, on occasion, I may be there to greet them at arrival, but usually the guests let themselves in with the electronic door code and I only interact when called upon to assist with questions, tourist info. etc.
Otros aspectos destacables
What can I say ... there are lots of drive to your door cottages in Ontario, but we wanted a few special things that only this cottage offered. First, we have 5 kids, so we needed a real, year round cottage, a second home, not a cabin. Next, we wanted ultimate privacy, so the 8 acres was a huge selling feature for us. Most places are tightly packed in with neighbours. Not what we wanted. If we want walk around outside in our PJ's, who would know, or care. That's what we wanted-freedom. Also, we wanted wildlife. It is abundant here. We love that this cottage is very close to the water. Because it faces South, Southwest we have all day sun and sunsets too! And all of this only 90 minutes from Toronto, and with a full service grocery, liquor store, restaurants, activities etc. etc. only 2 miles up the road. SOLD!
There is no smoking, no pets (inside or out) , no indoor fires or out of control fires outside, no firearms, no pestering the wildlife and no driving ATV's or snowmobiles over the septic area, and, guests are not to tamper with any of the locked areas including the master bedroom, linen closets, utility room, basement, garage, storage shed, attic and bunkie (if not included in their stay). This is a privately owned home, not a hotel or resort owned by a corporation with deep pockets. We expect you to treat it kindly, as you would want your own home treated. We ask that you respect basic courtesy such as changing into inside shoes when indoors and treating our furnishings, appliances and surfaces as you would want your own treated.
We approach life with a `half-full' attitude and we find that guests who are never happy wherever they stay, eat (work etc.) are generally not a good fit. We love our guests and we enjoy hosting people who can come and appreciate all of the beauty that this cottage has to offer, both inside and out and who do not have unrealistic expectations of perfection. With few exceptions, we have been blessed with guests who have a wonderful time and continue to return for future stays. Thank you for considering our cottage for your next Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter getaway!
Please note that within 2 weeks of booking, or sooner for last minute bookings, the group organizer will need to submit a scan of his or her driver's licence along with a signed copy of the rental contract below. In addition, each guest (or parent of guest in the case of minor children) will need to submit one signed liability waiver within the timelines outlined above. The group organizer will collect the paperwork and send it to the owner with the timelines outlined above. Following that, the arrivals package is sent out to the group organizer. Thanks. Here are the documents:
RENTAL REGULATIONS & CANCELLATION POLICY
1941 Honey Harbour Road (Muskoka Rd. 5), Honey Harbour, ON, P0E 1E0
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11:00 AM. Large groups (12 or more) may be asked to check-out at 10:00 AM if another group is checking in on their day of check-out. Guests will be notified of this closer to arrival. Please be courteous and vacate at check-out time so that the maid can busy herself preparing for the next guests.
2. This is a “NON SMOKING” unit. Indoor Smoking is Prohibited. Firearms of any kind (including paintball guns and BB guns are not permitted. Violation of either the smoking or firearm prohibitions will result in the full loss of your damage deposit, as will tampering with the various owner lock-off areas (all clearly equipped with a locked locking device), driving on snowmobiles, quads etc. over septic field, using the wood fireplace (a large, electric one is provided for your enjoyment) or misrepresenting the number of guests in your party, ages etc.
3. Pets are not permitted under any conditions, indoors or outdoors. Violation will result in the full loss of your damage deposit.
4. A damage deposit is collected and held by Airbnb/(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). The deposit is NOT applied toward rental charges; however, it is fully refundable provided the following provisions (a through g) are met.
a. No damage is done to the grounds, outbuildings or structures or cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to firearms, indoor smoking or outdoor littering of cigarette butts, pets or collection of services rendered during the stay.
c. All trash & food leftovers, including those in bedrooms and bathroom, and recycling and empties are taken to the local garbage and recycling station (2 mile drive) upon check-out. Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. Pots or pans with stuck on food are cleaned before check-out and left clean. Games and toys are tidied and put back where found, boat is put back where found, deck furniture is back on the deck, any furniture items that were moved for any reason to accommodate your group are returned to their original location. The outdoor bonfire is extinguished to the point where no smoke is emanating from the fire pit and there are no hot coals visible. There is a large white buckets down by the fire for getting lake water for this task.
d. All doors and windows are locked and the security system is armed upon departure and the gate up by the road is closed and secured with the tie strap.
e. No linens, furnishings or contents are lost, removed or damaged(URL HIDDEN) f. Any stains on the carpet or upholstery are removed prior to check-out(URL HIDDEN)g. The maid is paid for a 5 hour cleaning after your stay. Any excessive mess or tidying will result is extra cleaning charges being deducted from your damage deposit. Please wipe up spills in the oven or refrigerator when they happen so that they do not become caked on, this would be considered excessive mess. Thank you for your help with this.
INITIALS OF GUEST OR GUARDIAN OF GUEST: ______________ 1 of 4
h. The guests(s) is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), local law enforcement, or the security company employed by the owner(URL HIDDEN)i. Theft of owner property does not occur. Please bring your own firewood as the wood on the property is for owner use. Wood is sold along Honey Harbour Road in several road side locations.
5.PAYMENT – Due at time of booking.
6.CANCELLATIONS – There will be a non-refundable cancellation/alteration fee of $69 for any cancellations of reservations plus any alterations to reservations that result in a loss of owner revenue (such as decreasing the number of guests attending). There is a minimum of 10 guests for long weekends, July and August weekends, and New Year’s Eve. Reductions in number of guests at these times below the 10 person minimum is not able to be accommodated. After the $69 fee is deducted the remaining refund will be handled as per Cancellation Policy listed on Airbnb/(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). If the two policies are in conflict, the policy outlined here, including the $69 fee, will take precedence.
7.MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- Rental rates are based on an occupancy of 6 guests. There is an additional charge of $39.00/person per night, for each additional guest, including children. This fee is increased at peak holiday times to $50/person per night. The greatest number of guests who can sleep comfortably in the cottage is 12, but more may be permitted based on your specific circumstances, as discussed with the owner prior to booking. Overnight guests, above the number paid for and agreed upon in advance are not permitted. Overnight Tenting, or RV'ing is not permitted on the property. Evening parties with additional guests are not permitted beyond the number of paid guests, regardless of whether they are sleeping over or not. Any guests who plan to attend, even for one day of the stay are expected to be included in the paid guest count.
8. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage up to a maximum amount for 10 people, based on your booking, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. There is a groundskeeper (warm season) or a snow plougher (cold season) who may come by during your stay to cut grass, or plough but not to salt or sand. He comes by when it suits his schedule, and when needed. Please note that he has been asked to report any pets on the property to me, machine tracks on the septic area or any out of control fires or unusual or unsafe situations that he may observe. He will not bother you or ask to enter the cottage. He is coming to plough the driveway or manicure the grounds and not to snoop around, but if something seems not right when he arrives, he is duty bound to report it.
INITIALS OF GUEST OR GUARDIAN OF GUEST: _____________2 of 4
8. BUNKIE. The Bunkie is included for parties of 11 or more or can be rented at a one-time cost of $89 for parties of 10 or less.
9. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of the full damage deposit and early eviction. For example, if an adult secures a reservation for a group of adults and it turns out to be a group of teenagers, if the `womens' weekend' turns out to be a bachelor party, if the quiet family of 6 turns out to be a group of 12 friends etc. This list of false pretence is by no means exhaustive. We screen our guests carefully and make decisions on a guest by guest basis as to whether we wish to do business together.
10. LOCK CODES. Guests agree that they will not “disclose keyless entry lock codes or discuss the occupancy of the subject property with any entity not bound by the terms of this agreement." The guests also agree to assume all financial responsibility for any damage to the cottage, outbuildings, structures, boat, and the cottage and all of the contents of the cottage and bunkie, beyond that which would be covered by the damage deposit. The guests also assume to cover all legal expenses that are incurred by themselves or by the owner in recovering the funds to pay for said damages, or from damages resulting from violation of these terms. These conditions will remain in effect indefinitely, including beyond the end of subject property occupancy.
11. DAMAGED/LOST OR BROKEN ITEMS-please report them to the owner by email or voicemail at check-out. Please note that in the event that replacement items need to be purchased, the owner must reimburse the cleaner or maintenance man both for the cost of the item and the time/travel to get the item from Midland or Barrie. It is easy for a $30 item to turn into a $60 charge due to this situation. Please be careful during your stay(URL HIDDEN)12. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES. Early check-in/late check-outs are not always possible but are sometimes able to be arranged at a cost of $25/hour. Last minute requests are usually not possible(URL HIDDEN)13.WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the abovementioned policies must be approved in writing in advance(URL HIDDEN)
INITIALS OF GUEST OR GUARDIAN OF GUEST: ______________ 3 of 4
14. PARKING All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas, which will be clearly explained in the Cottage Details document that will follow the final payment. Guests may not park on the side of the circular driveway that is furthest away from the cottage. This property is part of the vacant 8 acre lot next door. It is unlikely that the owner of that lot will come during your stay, as we have not seen him for 2 years, but out of respect, we do not park on his property. Vehicles parked on his property will be towed at the guest’s expense. There is lots of parking, and the circular driveway can be freely used for coming and going and turning around, we simply ask that you not park on one half of it. Ample parking is located on the property. You will receive a map which will clearly indicate the parking areas(URL HIDDEN)
15. PERSONAL INJURY- All of the rental guests in attendance at the subject property, 1941 Honey Harbour Road, agree to hold the owners harmless against any responsibility, financial, legal or otherwise, for any injury to person or personal property, or loss of life or limb, that occurs during your occupancy of the cottage, or that occurs as a result of your occupancy of the cottage(URL HIDDEN)16. By Signing Below, you, on behalf of your group, agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Please distribute a reference copy of this agreement to all members of your party so they are familiar with the `house rules’. The trip organizers will then send me one copy of each guest's liability waiver, along with a scan of the organizer's driver’s licence by scan within two business days of today's date and a scan of the organizer’s signed and initialed copy of the rental contract.
Thank you for your assistance and we wish you a wonderful stay.
Signature of Adult Trip Organizer :_X__(URL HIDDEN)____ ________
Printed First and Last Name_of Organizer(URL HIDDEN)______________________________________(URL HIDDEN)¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬Witness: X ___________________________________________ _
Date:_X___________________________________________ __(URL HIDDEN)
Date of Birth of Organizer: X______________________________(URL HIDDEN)
page 4 of 4
INJURY WAIVER AND GENERAL RELEASE FORM:
By signing your name below as a rental guest or parent/legal guardian of a rental guest at 1941 Honey Harbour Road, you acknowledge that by using the cottage, furniture and equipment, grounds and amenities, including but not limited to, the row boat, life vests (not certified to be legal or compliant with current safety standards), lake, frozen lake, woods, rocks, bunkie, fire pit, fireplace and outbuildings, and encountering animals and insects exposes you to a possibility of personal injury. You, being fully aware that participating in the rental of this cottage exposes you to a possible risk of personal injury, hereby release Lisa Taylor, Thomas Yacishyn, and their heirs, officers, insurers, employees, agents, licenses, subsidiaries, consultants, independent contractors and affiliates from any and all liability from damage to personal property, personal injuries, or other claims arising from or in connection with your participation in the rental of this cottage including claims that are known and unknown, foreseen and unforeseen, future or contingent.
You acknowledge that you have read and fully understand the Injury Waiver and General Release Form. This agreement shall be binding on you, your spouse, your children, legal representatives, heirs, successors and assigns.
Renter's Name (Adult or Child) Please Print The Guest's Full First and Last Name Legibly: _______________________________________
Adult Renter's or Parent/Guardian's Signature (one waiver per adult and one per child to be signed by parent/guardian required ie: do one for yourself and for each of your minor children):
Witness: Print Name and Signature: ________________________
Date and Place Signed: _______________________________(URL HIDDEN)
Paperwork must be received well in advance of your arrival and can not be submitted at time of arrival.
Thanks for your understanding,
Este anfitrión tiene 67 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones