Private room in 4 bedroom / 2.5 bath, newly remodeled house. The bed in the room is a large over-sized IKEA bed. Good sized closet and shelving space. Shared detached full bathroom with tub and shower, stocked with extra toiletries in case you forgot anything.
The bed is huge and roomy. The view of the hills is very pretty, especially at certain times of the year when everything is in bloom.
Disponible para huéspedes
Your stay with us includes use of these common areas:
Kitchen and amenities (please don't take anything from the kitchen out of the house), Washer & Dryer, Patio area.
I designate a shelf in the fridge for Airbnb guests so no one accidentally eats your food. Coffee and tea is always available. We can provide some breakfast items upon request, like fruit and bagels. You can totally let me know what you like and I'll do my best to accommodate your request.
Atención a los huéspedes
We like to meet new people and other people who share the interest of tech, travel or animals. :)
Otros aspectos destacables
Please ask me any questions you may have!
Let me know if you need anything or use the last of something. It's no problem, but will be helpful to know I need to buy more.
According to Airbnb's recommendation to follow the "Safe Kids Worldwide’s guidelines", our home may not be suitable for children and infants mainly because there is no fence around our pool and there are also cleaning products and chemicals stored within reach. If you have children and wish to stay with us you must take responsibility for the safety of your children in our home as is and if you plan to use the pool we ask that you sign a waiver.
- Don’t open windows when the Air Conditioning is on in the house (generally roughly March - Nov). Leaving windows open costs us a lot, since all the cooling effort is going right out the window.
- Don’t leave the house while you are doing laundry unless you make arrangements for someone else to handle it for you.
- Be considerate and leave space for others to park.
- Do not keep any food in the rooms.
- Please wipe down counters and kitchen table after your use for the courtesy of others.
- No smoking inside and please don't leave cigarette butts outside/in the yard.
- Please clean up after yourself in the kitchen, and put items in recycling/compost/trash bins correctly. (California has a 3rd bin for compostables) In our house, compost bin is under the sink, trash is the stainless steel can, and recycling goes in the grey plastic can.
- No dogs on the carpeted areas (upstairs) please because all of the carpet is pretty new. If you are bringing your pets with you, please bring a crate for your pet when you are not present. We can put a gate at the stairs entrance to block the dogs from going upstairs if needed.
Please feel free to ask us any questions about anything!
My husband, Moustafa, and I like to travel, scuba dive, and eat Arabic food. I love to cook. Moustafa is Egyptian, and I'm from the Buffalo, New York area. I served in the Navy for 10 years, which brought me to California. I love it here and really love San Francisco. We both work or have worked in the Computer industry and like to talk about tech. I'm newly getting into the real estate business. Moustafa is into business and entrepreneurship. Someday we plan to start our own Tech company together. Moustafa's latest interest is archery. I enjoy doing volunteer work with animal rescue and foster kids (I'm a CASA) and also a volunteer doula.
We have one dog of our own, a Corgi-chihuahua named Fabuloso (Fabi for short). We also foster dogs and sometimes cats/kittens with a local animal rescue group, so we usually have 1 or 2 foster dogs that come and go constantly as they get adopted.
My father, Chris, lives with us. My Dad is really laid back, funny, and very interesting to talk to. He is knowledgeable about tools, cars, machinery, woodworking, welding and various repair work and more. Moustafa and my Dad ride motorcycles, so if that's an interest of yours you will have a lot to talk about with them.
As a host: Our normal daily routine includes dinner at home and watching our latest TV addiction on Amazon or Netflix while cuddling with the dogs. We have all the necessities you need, so if you don't find something ask us before you go out and buy something, especially if your stay is short! Our house is cozy, so make yourself at home. My Dad and I are often up late so late check-ins usually aren't a problem. Be sure to check out our Guidebook (see listing) for our personal recommendations throughout the Bay Area.
UPDATE: Moustafa and I are expecting our first child in April 2017. Please be sure you will be OK with crying baby noises at all hours!
As a guest: We normally travel to do as much adventurous things as we can find, so you probably won't see us a lot, although we love meeting new people and will love to get to know you.
Getting around with ride sharing apps:
Use my Uber promo code, OISG5, and get $20 off your first Uber ride. Sign up to drive with referral code: 1XZUH
Here's $20 toward your first Lyft ride. Sign up with referral code: ADRIAN568