Large, old, architecturally designed double brick home (235 m2) with pool. Perfect for two families and family reunions. Walk to the spectacular Silver Sands Beach and the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park. Five minutes drive to McLaren Vale wineries. The ultimate relaxation among the gum trees!
Scrubtide is perfect for two families, family reunions, family and friends attending a wedding and small retreats because it has four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two very well separated areas (see floor plan). Two rooms are furnished with queen sized beds, one of them has an ensuite. One room is furnished as a dedicated kids room and contains a bus-shaped bunk bed and a single bed. Another room has two single beds. Two more single beds are in a separate section of the lounge room (no door).
Note that this is an old house, not a new premium property. But all the furniture is new (early 2014) and we have undertaken major renovations since 2014 (new bathrooms, new roof, new ceilings throughout, new down lights, new ducted air conditioning, new septic tank).
Mobile connectivity in this area is bad. But we are connected to the NBN and offer guests unlimited free wireless internet.
We are happy to accommodate large groups of adults if you are planning genuine family reunions or you are attending a wedding and want a nice reasonably priced local place to stay. But we do not accommodate large groups of people who intend to hold parties at Scrubtide. The Scrub is a pristine, natural area, the beauty of which is that is secluded and quiet. Parties disturb neighbours and are strictly prohibited. Scrubtide is perfect for couples, families and groups of friends who would like to enjoy the peace and quite of the Scrub.
The price assumes BYO towels, tea towels and bed linen. If you are coming from far away and are unable to bring linen, towels and tea towels with you please let us know. Our lovely cleaner can usually get that organised for you at an extra cost.
If there is a problem (for example: you do not know how to operate the garage doors or you find that something critical, such as the dishwasher, does not work) please CALL (not not text or email) Peter immediately. He lives nearby, knows the house inside out and will be able to help. You will receive his contact details in the instructions email you will receive about one week before your arrival.
WHAT WE LOVE TO DO MOST:
(1) Chill out at the pool!
(2) Go bush walking, bird watching and kangaroo spotting in the Aldinga Scrub Conservation Park (10 seconds walk)
(3) Build sand castles and cool off in the car-free area of Silver Sands Beach ..... or go for a drive on the beach!
(4) Have a BBQ and a glass of McLaren Vale wine in the courtyard.
(5) Explore the beauty, wines and produce of the Mc Laren Vale region
(5) Enjoy spectacular views with dinner at the Star of Greece or the Victory Hotel
(6) Shop at the Aldinga Central Shopping Centre (8 minutes drive)
(7) Shop, wine and dine in downtown McLaren Vale (15 minutes drive)
(8) Admire the old buildings in the historic township of Willunga and - on Saturdays - shop at the Willunga Farmers Market (15 minutes drive)
(9) Ride the horse drawn tram over the bridge at Victor Harbor (40 minutes drive)
(10) Go to a museum in Adelaide (45 minutes drive)
Disponible para huéspedes
Acacia Terrace is split up in sections, so you cannot drive all the way through. Best if you come via NORMAN ROAD, turn right onto THE ESPLANADE, turn right onto WATTLE STREET, then turn right onto ACACIA TERRACE.
Upon booking you will receive the keycode for Scrubtide. You will find two sets of keys in a little key safe. One will include the house key only, the other one the house key and the pool safety gate key. We usually have that locked when nobody is at Scrubtide, but you obviously do not have to lock it every time.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT.
Check in time is 2 pm, check our time is 10 am.
EARLY ARRIVAL / LATE DEPARTURE.
If nobody is booked in immediately before or after you, you are most welcome to arrive as early as you would like and leave as late as you would like. If you would like to do that, please get in touch closer to the date of the visit so we can let you know if any last minute adjacent bookings have come in.
Atención a los huéspedes
We do not live in Aldinga Beach, so unfortunately we will not be able to welcome you at Scrubtide. If you encounter a problem (for example: you do not know how to operate the garage doors or you find that something critical, such as the dishwasher, does not work), please CALL (not not text or email) our builder immediately. He lives nearby, knows the house inside out and will be able to help. We will send his phone number to you about a week before you arrive.
Otros aspectos destacables
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
If there is a problem (for example: you do not know how to operate the garage doors or you find that something critical, such as the dishwasher, does not work), please CALL (not not text or email) our builder immediately. He lives nearby, knows the house inside out and will be able to help. You will get his phone number via email about a week before your arrival.
Private saltwater swimming pool on site (not heated).
The pool is professionally maintained by the local pool shop. The pool also has an automated chlorinator which measures the pool chemistry every day and adjusts the production of chlorine if required. So you never need to worry about pool chemistry! But there is no daily pool cleaning service like in a hotel, so you will almost certainly need to do some leaf scooping.
Information for parents and carers: the pool area only has one entry point: a gate between the garage and the main house. This gate is secured with a child lock.
NEVER leave children unattended in the pool area.
HOUSE AND GARDEN.
- Ducted Reverse (Heating and Cooling) Cycle Air-conditioning.
- Polished Jarrah hardwood floors throughout the house.
- BBQ located in the courtyard.
- Two car garage parking
- Master Bedroom: queen sized bed, walk in robe, ensuite
- Main Bedroom: 1 queen sized bed
- Kids room: 1 bus-shaped bunk bed, 1 single bed
- Spare bedroom: 2 single beds
- Reading section of lounge (open plan, no wall, no door): 2 single beds
- Main bathroom: shower and bathtub
- Laundry: washing machine, dryer, laundry sink
- Family room: dining table, highchair
- Kitchen: dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, sandwich maker, table top mixer, blender, coffee machine, cook top espresso maker, coffee bean grinder, steamer, rice cooker, bread maker, citrus juicer, plates, glasses, cooking utensils, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
- TV room: lounge setting, 50 inch flat screen LED TV, DVD player
- Free unlimited WiFi (password on the kitchen pinboard)
You will need to bring bed linen (sheets, pillow and quilt covers), towels and tea towels. Pillows and doonas are at the house. If you are coming from far away and cannot bring linen, our lovely cleaner can arrange linen, towels and tea towels for you at cost price.
Holiday rentals provide a unique tourism experience: consider this your home, treat it as your own, respect your neighbours and leave it as you find it. These House Rules are provided to ensure that Guests and Visitors know and comply with the specific Rules governing their permission to enter and occupy the Property.
House Rules are binding on Guests and Visitors and any issues must be promptly reported.
All or parts of the bond will be withheld if Guests fail to comply with the House Rules, if anything is missing from the house, or if there is damage to the house.
NOISE AND RESIDENTIAL AMENITY.
Offensive noise and anti-social behaviour is prohibited.
Guests are responsible for Visitors.
GATHERINGS OR FUNCTIONS.
Parties or gatherings are prohibited.
No fire permitted on the Property except for BBQ at premises.
Cars can be parked in the garage or in front of the garage.
GARBAGE AND RECYCLING.
All garbage must be removed from the house and placed into the appropriate bins (normal, recycling or green bin).
When absent from the property, all windows and doors must be closed to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage.
The swimming pool gates must be closed at all times. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult in the pool area at all times.
No smoking inside.
No pets allowed.
The BBQ must be cleaned after each use.
Dishwasher must be emptied before departure.
DAMAGES AND BREAKAGES.
Damages and breakages must be promptly reported.
In the event of an emergency please CALLl our builder (phone number in emergency section of the webpage and on the kitchen pinboard). He knows the house inside out. If you do need to call him, please let him know that you are staying at Scrubtide and describe in as much detail as possible what problem you are encountering.
(1) Remove garbage from bins in the house and place in correct bin outside (normal, recycling or green bin).
(2) Ensure dishwasher is empty.
(3) Clean BBQ if you have used it.
(4) Switch of Airconditioner and lights.
(5) Ensure all doors and windows are closed.
(6) Place keys back into the key lock.
Consequences of non-compliance include loss of bond, termination and eviction.