I love my city, and I love my apartment... I love sharing my little piece of paradise with travelers visiting our great Melbourne.
Have privacy in your own room, but share an apartment with a super approachable, flexible and funny roomie... ME!
The apartment is in a quiet street right next to the CBD, surrounded by beautiful gardens. The apartment is on the top floor (second floor) of the building. Please note: like most buildings that height, there is no elevator.
A two bedroom apartment with a renovated bathroom, great little kitchen and an open plan living/dining space. There's a balcony so you can smoke there (if you smoke, I do not smoke). The bedroom has a double bed, drawers and a great vintage writing desk, as well as built-in wardrobe for those wishing to stay a little longer! The complex has a pool, spa, gym and sauna. I live walking distance to the city, bar hubs Fitzroy and Richmond, and most excitingly - a three-minute walk to the MCG! If you like the tennis I'm about a 10 minute walk from Rod Laver Arena where the Australian Tennis Open is held, as well as the sporting complexes which hold the soccer and various events. If you're here for the comedy festival or Grand Prix, you will have very easy access to transport or to simply walk to the variety of venues holding those events.
The perfect location.
Disponible para huéspedes
Very flexible access: I only work about a 20-minute walk away, so can easily come home at any time to let people in with prior booking.
I can also coordinate to leave the key in a specific location if I can't get to you - so I'm very flexible with time as long as I know beforehand.
Note: Apartment is in Entrance A (the numbers on the block can get confusing!)
Otros aspectos destacables
There's no additional parking for guests underground, however, there's plenty of street parking. I can provide a parking permit so guests can park on the streets without getting a fine.
I'm pretty flexible and I appreciate common sense. Just some basics:
- Men put the toilet sit down please! (I've fallen in before....)
- Please keep most of your things in your room, and if you need to leave toiletries and things in common areas that's absolutely fine, but please be mindful that you're sharing with someone (me!) and I'm clean and tidy - and expect the same from guests.
- I welcome you to use anything in the kitchen or loungeroom, but please clean up after yourself. Good knives/pots should be washed by hand after each use and put to dry - but there's a dishwasher for everything else.
- Smoking should be kept to outside only - there is a balcony, or downstairs. Absolutely no smoking inside.
- If in doubt - ask! I'm very approachable and I want your stay to be enjoyable.
I live alone and I work long hours, so tend to not be around too much... But when I am, happy to give people a hand, have a chat or share a glass of wine (or two!.... or five).
I did include an extra charge for a second person, but that's just if it's additional person for the whole booking period. Totally happy for you to have a friend over on any given day if you're staying for a longer period - pretty lax about that.
Born and bred in Brazil, moved to Australia in 1999. Lived 10 years in Sydney and made the move to Melbourne in 2010 - love this city!
I am a communications professional; I work full time, but I'm also undertaking a masters degree. I love working, love food, love wine, love coffee... hate spiders.
Feel free to contact me if you need to ask me anything.