IMAGINE THE PERFECT LOCATION: OCEANFRONT, SECLUDED, PRIVATE BEACH AND AWESOME BREATHTAKING VIEWS...
ARE YOU READY TO INDULGE YOURSELF?
This stunning home w/private beach, waterfall, hot tub, claw foot tub, wifi & more on a 10 acre estate awaits you
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA'S BEST VACATION RENTAL
• Secluded 10 acre estate
• Hot tub
• Double ended claw-foot tub
• Campfire pit
• Private beach
• Private waterfall
• Rock climbing wall
IMAGINE THE PERFECT LOCATION: OCEANFRONT, SECLUDED AND BREATHTAKING VIEWS...
ARE YOU READY TO INDULGE YOURSELF?
Then picture yourself listening to the roar of the ocean as you watch the waves crash on the offshore rocks. Relax in the hot tub while you unwind on the secluded 10 acre estate. And soak in the romantic double ended claw-foot tub while you enjoy the welcome basket of wine and chocolates that greet you.
A PLACE TO MAKE MEMORIES. Whether you're a couple looking for a romantic getaway or a family looking for a spectacular retreat, the Oceanfront Chalet has it all. Nestled right in the heart of Redwood country, this true oceanfront site lets you whale watch from the house, deck, bluff or beach.
For the fit & adventurous, there is a 140 yard steep challenging trail that will let you explore the private beach and discover the (seasonal) 45′ waterfall.
'The best place I've ever been in my entire life!' 'Best views in Trinidad!' -quotes we've heard from many guests.
Owners are on site and can provide free airport transfers from ACV.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to our private beach and private (seasonal) waterfall. Hot tub, campfire pit, rock climbing wall, gas BBQ, firewood and wifi complete the picture.
Atención a los huéspedes
Owner's are on site in the large house to the south of the Chalet (see photo). We always introduce ourselves to our guests and are normally available to answer any questions, but unless there is something guests need assistance with, we maximize our guests privacy by leaving them to theirselves.
Otros aspectos destacables
Constant roar of the ocean. Awesome oceanfront views. No freeway noise. Wild blackberries, huckleberries, salmon berries, and abound on the property. Every room in the house has an ocean view. Private trail to private (rocky) beach below which is great tide pooling. Private (seasonal) 45' waterfall where our creek drops into the ocean.
Local attractions: Within a short drive, you have access to many scenic attractions including Trinidad Head Trail, the HSU Marine Lab, Agate Beach, Redwood National Park, Prairie Creek State Park and Fern Canyon with its herds of Roosevelt elk.
Other activities include: exploring Humboldt State University and Arcata, Old Town Eureka and the Eureka Waterfront, the Victorian Village of Ferndale, and the College of the Redwoods. Charter boats are available for fishing, sightseeing and whale watching excursions (there is good whale watching directly from the house). Trinidad harbor also offers excellent kayaking. The Trinity, Klamath, Eel and Mad Rivers offer world class trout, steelhead and salmon fishing as well as river rafting and kayaking.
Excellent restaurants abound in Trinidad, Arcata, and Eureka. Our personal favorites include The Larrupin Cafe, Seascape, Alice's and The Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe. For surfers, Trinidad beaches are the preferred location in Humboldt county. In winter, Horse mountain provides access for cross country skiing and snow fun less than an hour away.
Wine tasting can be found at Bergeron Winery & Moonstone Crossing winery in downtown Trinidad. Tide pooling, Bird Watching, Marine Mammals, Art Galleries, Gift Shops, Trinidad Museum, Sailing, Windsurfing, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cher-Ae Heights Casino, Fishing, Crabbing, Clamming, Beach combing, Cycling, Rock Climbing, Swimming and Agate Hunting are other activities to choose from. For golfers, there are two courses within a 30 minute radius.
The master bedroom features a California King bed. The Queen bedroom has a queen sized mattress on a Captain's bed. The loft has a queen and a full sized mattress. All rooms including the loft have ocean views. We continue to get requests for larger groups and we now have an additional queen sized air mattress (with linens) available for use in the living room.
WHALE WATCHING OPTIONS exist from the house, deck, bluff and beach. Nearby sea lions can be heard (and sometimes smelled!) A pair of bald eagles occasionally fly overhead. The private (rocky) beach is great for tide pooling and finding agates.
Although there are a lot of activities to choose from, frankly, just watching the ocean waves crash on the offshore rocks can be mesmerizing. Many guests prefer to spend their time just relaxing and enjoying the view.
The loft has been painted with a unique 'infinity perspective'. In reality, the room is only about 8' wide x 25' long, but the illusion makes the room appear to continue forever (see photo). This is the kind of effect usually done in a Disneyland or museum type setting and this may be the first time it has been done in a private residence. There is also a window at the far end of the room, but it is concealed as part of the illusion.
The Chalet and premises are only rented to the people listed in the rental agreement. Additional people beyond those listed in the rental agreement that are brought onto the property will be charged a fee of $25 per person per day, so long as they are declared prior to arrival. This includes visitors, stoppers-by, drivers-thru, friends, etc. You must call or text the owners prior to bringing additional persons on site. Undeclared persons brought onto the property will be charged a fee of $50 per person per day.
Cancellation policy: 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Holidays & HSU events three night minimum.
Local regulations and our insurance company require us to have a signed rental agreement in place before we rent to anyone. We will email you a copy of the rental agreement. After you've had a chance to fill it out and sign it, please scan and send it back. After we have received the signed rental agreement, your reservation is confirmed. Following that, you will receive a twelve page "trip planning" email with your personal door code, detailed directions and comprehensive information on the Chalet and the area.
3 night minimum on holidays and HSU special events.
Local regulations and our insurance company require us to have a signed rental agreement in place prior to renting to anyone. We will email you a copy of the rental agreement. After you've had a chance to fill it out and sign it, please scan and send it back. After we have received the signed rental agreement, your reservation is confirmed. Following that, you will receive a twelve page "trip planning" email with your personal door code, detailed directions and comprehensive information on the Chalet and the area.
THIS IS A SAMPLE OF OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT. IT HAS NOT YET BEEN UPDATED WITH YOUR NAME, DATES, ETC.
WE WILL UPDATE IT WITH YOUR INFORMATION AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE IT FROM THE RESERVATION WEBSITE. (punctuation may not properly format in this text box)
Per Booking Site policies, no identifying information can be posted until after a reservation is made. (This prevents guests from bypassing the booking agency).
The Oceanfront Chalet Rental Contract Reservation #
Address: _______________________________________________(URL HIDDEN) Cell phone: _____________
Please initial that the above information is correct, or email us at the email below with any corrections needed. ______ Initials
If not accurate, please contact us at (blocked).
PROPERTY INFORMATION: The Oceanfront Chalet, (address), Trinidad, CA 95570.
Thank you for choosing The Oceanfront Chalet for your vacation. As stated in the listing, our property is a 10 acre estate which has the owner’s house and our guest house (known as The Oceanfront Chalet) on it. The Oceanfront Chalet is a two bedroom, two bathroom plus loft oceanfront house. Your reservation provides you with exclusive use of The Oceanfront Chalet along with access to our private beach and private (seasonal) waterfall. This vacation home will be reserved for your use for the dates shown below. Please notify us as soon as possible if your plans change.
Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is highly recommended. Renter has the option of purchasing travel insurance separately from the booking reservation company. Companies such as (blocked), (blocked), (blocked) and (blocked) offer travel insurance policies. (blocked) is a site that rates travel insurance companies. ______ Initials
Arrival Departure Date Booked
Rent (covers first 4 persons(URL HIDDEN)
Extra Persons Fe(URL HIDDEN)
Taxe(URL HIDDEN)Cleaning Fe(URL HIDDEN)
Booking agency service fe(URL HIDDEN)Refundable damage deposi(URL HIDDEN)Total Booking Charges(URL HIDDEN)
Descriptio(URL HIDDEN) Due Dat(URL HIDDEN) Amount
Payment Due(URL HIDDEN)Payment Due(URL HIDDEN)
Email address: _________________________
1) YOUR TRINIDAD OCEANFRONT CHALET VACATION
Responsible Parties: The person in whose name the home is reserved, or the person in whose name the credit card is held, hereafter referred to as “renter”, will be held responsible for rental charges for the full duration of the reservation, for compliance with rental regulations by all occupants and guests, and for any damages to the property incurred during the rental period. _ Initials
Age Restriction: Renter acknowledges that they are at least 21 years of age at the execution of this contract. ______ Initials
Payment: Reservations with unpaid balances after the due date are subject to cancellation. Renter agrees that the credit card on file will be charged on or shortly after the due date. Should renter desire that the Owners make contact with them prior to charging, renter agrees to call or email Owners to make this request. ______ Initials
Departure: Renter agrees to leave property in a neat and orderly condition. Your cleaning fee covers normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation without having to take time to clean. However, leaving the property in an excessively dirty condition will result in additional cleaning charges being levied at the rate of $30 per hour. ______ Initials
No Parties: Parties and disruptive behavior are forbidden. ______ Initials
Maintenance Concerns: Every effort is made to keep all amenities in excellent working order. However, please understand that just as in your own home things do break down unexpectedly and we cannot guarantee the reliability of every amenity. If something does fail we will do our best to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Please let us know if anything does fail as we can only address items that have been made known to us. Renter acknowledges that in the event of a maintenance issue Owners will take reasonable steps to address the concern, but Renter will not be entitled to monetary compensation. ______ Initials
Beach Access: Renter acknowledges that the 140 yard path to the Chalet’s private beach is down a steep bluff trail and depending on one’s fitness level, it may be too difficult for some to make this hike. Beach trail use is only recommended when the trail is dry. (Note: For those that cannot make it down the trail there are two drive up beaches within three miles). ______ Initials
2) CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Check in is any time after 4:00 PM the day of your arrival, provided the prior occupants left on time and all necessary cleaning and repairs have been completed (we have always had a 100% success rate with this thus far). Early check in times (prior approval required) are only allowed when the property is cleaned and ready for occupancy. If you will be arriving after dark please let us know and we will turn the lights on for you.
Check-out time is 10:00 AM the day of your departure. You will be charged (unless otherwise specified by prior written arrangement) for not checking out on time. We will charge at a rate of $15.00 dollars per 15 minutes (our cleaning service cannot clean until you depart). There is no checkout procedure and it is not necessary to say or do anything special when you depart. If time permits, the biggest thing that helps us is to simply place any used linens on the floor and to start a load of towels in the washer. There is a guest comment book on the kitchen counter if you would like to leave comments.
Texting us that you have left when you check out will let us make a quick survey for things left behind, allowing us to alert you before you get many miles away. Things we have found left behind in the past include: purse full of jewelry, cameras, cell phone chargers, suitcases and drawers full of clothing.______ Initials
3) PETS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Renter acknowledges that this property allows absolutely no pets. Many of our guests have pet allergies so we have specifically set The Oceanfront Chalet up to be pet free. Showing up with a pet is cause for immediate eviction and Renter will lose all funds paid. Should we find evidence of pets upon departure, including but not limited to pet hair, urine or stains it will result in the loss of your entire security deposit. ______ Initials
4) NO SMOKING
Renter acknowledges that use of tobacco or cannabis (including e-cigarettes, vapes, chewless or other variants) inside the house or on the deck is prohibited. Smoking is only permitted at the campfire pit or on the beach. Smoking of any substance inside the house is cause for immediate eviction and Renter will lose all funds paid. Should we find evidence of smoking inside the house upon your departure, it will result in the loss of your entire security deposit. ______ Initials
5) NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS AND USE OF PREMISES
You must register the number and names of guests occupying the property when making the reservation (If the total number or names of guests are unknown at the time of reservation, simply write those that are known and TBD (To Be Determined) for the remainder. Children are counted in the total occupancy. Undisclosed guests and/or over-occupancy are considered serious violations of your lease and may result in a charge against your security deposit and/or the immediate termination of occupancy without refund. Groups larger than 12 persons are not allowed without prior written permission.
The Chalet and premises are only rented to the people listed in the rental agreement. Additional people beyond __________ persons brought onto the property will be charged a fee of $25 per person per day, so long as they are declared prior to arrival. This includes visitors, stoppers-by, drivers-thru, friends, etc. You must call or text the owners prior to bringing additional persons on site. UNDECLARED PERSONS BROUGHT ONTO THE PROPERTY WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF $50 PER PERSON PER DAY. Unpaid for guests is nearly the only problem we ever encounter. Renter acknowledges that bringing additional persons onto the property beyond those listed in the reservation will incur additional charges as set forth above. ______ Initials
The following persons will be occupying the property (please specify children’s ages):
7) CANCELLATION POLICY
If the reservation is cancelled 60 or more days prior to arrival, you will receive a full refund of any funds paid minus a cancellation fee of $50. If the reservation is cancelled within 60 days prior to arrival, the full rent paid, less the cleaning fees, will be forfeited unless the unit is re-rented, at which point you will only be charged the $50 cancellation fee. (Guest agrees that Owners may lower rates at their discretion as needed in order to rebook; in which case guest will only be refunded for the amount of rent that was recouped.) Renter agrees to abide by the cancellation policy set forth in the contract regardless of the reason of cancellation. ______ Initials
8) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Parking is limited to two vehicles for the first four persons and one vehicle for every two persons after that. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking spaces only. There are two tandem spaces near the Chalet’s front door (north side of the Chalet) for parking. Additional vehicles beyond two may be parked in the circular drive near the storage sheds above (east of) the Chalet. No working on or washing of vehicles. Vehicles used and traffic generated by the guests shall not exceed normal residential levels or unreasonably interfere with the quiet use and enjoyment of any other residences in the area. No tents, trailers, RVs or vehicles with a seating capacity greater than eight persons without written permission.
2) Daily maid service is not supplied. Linens and towels are provided, however they are not to be removed from the Chalet. Please bring your own beach towels.
3) Telephone: A landline is provided for free guest use. It may be used for local as well as domestic long distance calls.
4) Noise: Occupants and visitors will not generate noise such that it would unreasonably interfere with the quiet use and enjoyment of any other residence in the area. Any noise occurring after 8:00 pm and before 8:00 am should be contained within the vacation rental and shall not be able to be heard by or offend any adjacent neighbors. No musical amplifiers and no musical instruments (other than acoustic guitar) are permitted.
5) Renter agrees to maintain the property during occupancy and agrees to replace or repair and pay for any breakage, damage, repairs or loss caused by tenant or tenant guests, excluding normal wear and tear. Renter agrees that a charge of $40 per hour will be levied for administration of said repairs, with a minimum charge of $25. Renter agrees that any amount charged in excess or absence of any refundable deposit will be charged to the credit card(s) on file.
6) Renter acknowledges that the rented home is not childproof, inside or out; the hot tub and beach are not fenced, do not have entry alarms and do not have lifeguards; the trail to the beach is primitive and ungated; and the rock climbing wall is not fenced. The safety of children therefore depends on Renter, personal supervision is absolutely required to avoid the risk of serious injury and/or death. Renter agrees to assume full responsibility for all risks to any children and guests associated with the hot tub, beach area and rock climbing wall including without limitation, bodily injury, accident, illness, paralysis, death or loss of personal property to the fullest extent permitted by law, irrespective of any alleged negligence by Owners.
7) Renter agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Owners for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with guests’ use of the rental property, including, but not limited to any claim or liability for monetary damages, injunctive relief, personal injury, death or property damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest. The terms “Owners” as used in this agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, subcontractors, agents and representatives where the context requires or permits. The terms “guest/s”, “You”, and “Yours” as used in this agreement shall include Guest/s heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the rental property during Guest/s occupancy, where the context requires or permits.
8) Our rentals are intended for families and groups of friends. We do not rent to fraternities, sororities, bachelor, bachelorette or other non-family or unrelated groups or persons.
9) Furniture items and furnishings are not to be removed during Renter’s stay. The Chalet is inspected by our staff at the conclusion of your stay. If left in a disorderly state or occupancy in excess of that shown on the reservation it will result in additional charges made to the credit card on file.
Email address: _________________________
THIS IS A SAMPLE OF OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT. IT HAS NOT YET BEEN UPDATED WITH YOUR NAME, DATES, ETC.
WE WILL UPDATE IT WITH YOUR INFORMATION AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE IT FROM THE RESERVATION WEBSITE.
We are an active couple in our fifties. Mike has an aviation background and Debbie has a medical background. Debbie is also a Doterra Wellness Advocate.