HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE. A BIG THANK YOU TO MY LOVELY, FRIENDLY AND THOUGHTFUL GUESTS THIS YEAR. HERE'S TO A FANTASTIC 2017!
Our home-from-home is an 18th Century former tavern which faces the sea. It's a 5 minute walk from Deal's 'High Street of the Year' (The Telegraph) and a short drive from Sandwich, with it's renowned golf course.
We want you to feel relaxed and happy whether you are a couple on a romantic retreat, a group of pals, golf buddies, or a young family. Everything is on the ground floor, with no steps, so if you have movement difficulties, get in touch in case we can help. We're at the end of the phone should you need us and will do our best to help you if you have a query.
For those prone to allergies we provide non-allergy Microfibre duvets, as well as down and down/feather duvets. The ground floor apartment is spacious and uncluttered.
The fireplaces in the living room and bedrooms are NOT working - we wish they did but the central heating is toasty.
Deal's light is breathtaking and refreshing with pinky hues, whatever the season. We love it.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to the whole of the ground floor living area and the outside space in the back. The yard is shared, and is a sun trap in the summer, where you relax on our bench, take meals, or use it for access to bring bikes in and out. I provide two fold-up bikes (don't expect Bromptons!) and a couple of children's bikes for you to use (age 7-9, 9-12).
Our cellar is Private, so please don't go down there as we do not feel it is safe for guests. We cannot accept liability for anyone who ventures down there.
Atención a los huéspedes
We renovated the flat between April-November 2013 with new appliances, heating etc. Please call at any time if you need help with anything to do with the flat and the location.
Otros aspectos destacables
Here are some places to go and things to do:
- Walk and look at the sunsets.
- Go up to the lifeboat in Walmer when the sun going down; the sky is pink and pretty. The lifeboats are launched at 9am every Sunday.
- Kids can play footie on the grass by the bandstand.
- We recommend the Zetland Arms pub on Kingsdown Beach - great food and location.
- Cycle everywhere - especially to Sandwich - 4 miles each way on sea front route and to Walmer Castle, two miles in the opposite direction.
- Visit POPPY'S KITCHEN - the delicious deli and cafe on the High Street.
- Visit THE SEASONS cafe, in the High St (they are lovely, it's not 'trendy' but friendly with amazing cheese salad sandwiches and Victoria sponge!).
- Enjoy the PIER experience - it's our boys' FAVOURITE place for lunch!
- Relish the fab vintage/antique/brocante-style shops everywhere
- Visit the multitude of charity shops
- Lovely coffees and cakes and fresh food at THE BLACK DOUGLAS on Beach Street
- THE TIDES leisure centre is a 20 minute walk away, with a small wave machine...
- The small Art Deco EMPIRE cinema in Sandwich is FANTASTIC. There's also a VUE at Westwood Cross, near Ramsgate).
- Go Fossil Hunting at SAMPHIRE HOE - two miles on the London side of Dover (M2) - 20 minutes drive from the flat.
- Make a date to visit BROADSTAIRS - 16 miles away - what a gem! It's got a lovely sandy beach and AMAZING Italian restaurant NEXT to Prezzos.
- For a 'big shop' Sainsburys and the Co-op are a 10 minute flat walk from the flat and one minute from Deal mainline train station).
- SEA VIEW's fish and chips are LOVELY - opposite pier.
- PETS! There's a lovely pet shop on the high street with turtles, hamsters and the odd cricket for other animals to eat!
- MILAARD TANDOORI is a decent curry house on Middle Street.
- Why not use our bikes and visit the three local CASTLES. (English Heritage)
- Walmer Castle is FANTASTIC (40 mins walk along sea front/5 mins drive/20 minute cycle - towards Kingsdown). Gardens great for hide and seek. £20 a family.
- Deal Castle is a gem - run around the ramparts and discover your inner Knight!
- Dover Castle is 8 miles away. £45 a family
We have an English Heritage family card - you will make your money back in a weekend if you visit all three.
LET US KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY GEMS OF YOUR OWN AND WE'LL PASS THE NEWS ON!
We would appreciate it if you use our home with love and respect.
- Please be mindful of the neighbours in the two flats above (there wasn't any soundproofing in the 1700s!)
- Please turn heating down if you don't need it - Please turn the radiator thermostats and put them all onto the frost setting when you leave (or '0')
Please hang wet towels up and don't put hot drinks down on the wood! Things you would do at home!
-When you leave, please return the key to the key safe in the front and ensure the dial reads '0000'.
Please see House Manual for more info on how things work!
Este anfitrión tiene 6 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones