This is a beautifully restored, historic home (over 100 years old) located a short lyft/uber/bike ride from multiple BART stations and downtown Oakland. West Oakland is also the closest East Bay neighborhood to the beautiful San Francisco.
Your private room will comfortably sleep 2 on a full size bed in a very spacious bedroom. The shared bathroom is nicely renovated.
Character surrounds you in this place. From the original hardwood floors, to the matching-themed columns throughout the house, to the perfect front porch, this will be a memorable stay.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live in the bedroom right down the hall, but your bedroom will be your own space. If you want to hang out, join us in the living room, kitchen, or front porch! We can also just give you tips on things to do, places to eat and drink, or general directions in the area.
Otros aspectos destacables
We have a very sweet dog named Sheila that can be intimidating when she barks upon first meeting our friends. Once she gets to smell/inspect you, she is very sweet and friendly. If you prefer not to meet her, please let us know and we can keep her in our room or in the backyard.
You will be sharing the bathroom with my wife and me. So it may be helpful to coordinate shower times in the morning Mon-Fri.
The name is Airbnb, but breakfast is not included as part of our offering. There is always a chance we could offer you something if we are in a position to do so, but do not plan for us to provide you breakfast.
We ask that you be respectful of our house & neighbors and treat it as if you were a guest at a friend's house.
- Please leave the house in a similarly tidy condition as you found it. In general, please clean any dishes that you use and throw away any of your trash. If something is spilled please clean up after yourself.
- If you consume any of our food or beverage, please replace it before leaving.
- If anything is damaged, please contact us to let us know.
- Please obtain our permission if you wish to have a guest visit the house.
- On work nights, we ask that once we go to bed (around 10:30 pm) you keep any television, music, or conversation volumes down to a soft level.
- Smoking is only permitted outside. Feel free to use our spacious front porch.
My wife and I moved to San Francisco from Atlanta in 2014 and are having fun exploring the West! It didn't take us long to work our way over to Oakland where we are glad to be making a home for ourselves.
I love BBQ ribs, biking through cities, camping, snowboarding, singing karaoke, beer, college football, and ultimate frisbee!