Having been called "a tree house on the river" by many guests since there is a oneness with nature afforded by the design of our home. The ever changing view of the river is always enchanting as is the ebb & flow of the tide on the Choptank River. Our dock provides excellent river access and is only 20 feet from the house. A canoe and kayaks are available for guest use and there are amazing sunsets as well.
The apartment's private entrance on the ground level faces the river and borders on a creek which is at the crest of a hill giving a panoramic view of the river from all the windows of which there are 17 with four picture windows in the aparment. Our home is called a "tree house on the river" because of its closeness to the water (20 ft. from the dock) and mature trees surrounding the house. The house is situated on an 18 acre mostly wooded property.
-Secure well lit private apartment entrance close to parking area
- two bedrooms both with a queen sized bed with NEW mattress (12/15), down topper and the other bedroom has a queen size bed with NEW mattress (2/16) with two twin bunk beds one with a down topper and one with a foam topper. All beds have quilts, blankets and fine sheets and pillows.
-well-equipped California kitchen (see features below)
- 46" Smart TV and Blu Ray DVD player
- Full bathroom with tub, shower and tile floor
- Laundry room with washer & dryer
- Closets with hangers, iron and ironing board
- Central A/C and heating + ceiling fans in every room
- Gas Fireplace
- Recessed lighting + lamps
- high ceilings
-WHAT WE INCLUDE:
- Bathroom: a set of towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste & hairdryer and shaving supplies
- Kitchen: Fridge stocked with, water, eggs, English muffins, milk and condiments such as mustard, ketchup, oil, vinegar, etc.
- Coffee Makers - a K-cup with coffee and tea supplied with electric kettle
- All cooking supplies incl. pots, pans, dishes, glasses, wine glasses, knives, silverware, bottle opener, and other cooking tools; appliances include toaster, microwave with convection and grill features, coffeemaker, blender, gas stove and charcoal grill; snacks include coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
- Miscellaneous: All bed linens plus convertible beds single & double and a blow up mattress with pillows and linens for extra guest or children, tourist info and maps of the area, plenty of books, tissues and Bluetooth speaker for iPod or iPhone and Bose radio with CD player and eclectic array of cds.
Having a private patio to use for breakfast or dinners and also a chiminea for cool evenings. There is easy access to the dock where there is a canoe and three kayaks (one sit-on-top) available for use. Additionally, there is a fire pit which overlooks the river. With a coffee maker and basic supplies, guests can settle right in for a cozy stay.
Your hosts are available to assist our guests with any questions concerning the area or the apartment but respect our guest's privacy.
Our area is rural but relatively close to large city centers such as Washington D.C., Baltimore, MD and Philadelphia, PA and the historic towns of Annapolis, Easton, St. Michael's and Oxford MD. Just 2 miles from the historic Town of Denton and 45 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware as well as Dover, Delaware and Ocean City Maryland. There is a public landing, restaurants and an Irish pub in Denton along with a Super Walmart for your basic needs. Two large state parks within a few miles of our home and an Arboretum championing native plants of the coastal plain region along with a museum and shop.
Since we are located in the Eastern Shore of Maryland, a car is necessary.Bicycles are available to use at our home and there are many beautiful country roads to cycle.
Our home is located a half a mile from the main road (MD. Route. 313) on an well maintained unpaved roadway. A very safe location with some walking paths in our woods and along the stream that borders the property. Dock is a favorite location for watching wildlife and sunsets as well as fishing and reading.
Disponible para huéspedes
This is a stand alone apartment in our house which is turn-key ready with private entrance, bath, bedrooms, kitchen. Patio with chiminea and dining area with charcoal grill. There is a dock with kayaks and canoe available for guests with life jackets and steps descending from the dock for easy access into the river for swimming.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are available to assist our guests as needed and we respect their privacy.
Otros aspectos destacables
There are two food stores - a Food Lion and a Super Walmart within 4 miles of our home to meet your basic needs. Our internet is supplied by wireless connection and since we are in a rural area is sometimes challenging. Also, some celluar services are not available. Please let your host know if you are having difficulty connecting to celluar service or the internet so we may assist with resolving any issues.
-We kindly request that you leave our home as you find it and respect it as you do your own.
-Check-in and out times may be adjusted if we do not have guests leaving & arriving on the same day.
-NON SMOKING house and no smoking on the grounds or anywhere on the property. Guests who smoke on our property shall be asked to leave.
- we allow well mannered pets for an extra fee of $50. for each pet for the weekend and $100.00 for each pet for the week. We DO NOT allow puppies, dogs under one year. Also please make arrangements for your pet if you plan to be away from the apartment for more than 4 hours and your dog will be in the apartment alone. Contact the host or a nearby kennel for help.
- Apartment is not ADA equipped.
- Do not download illegal content on our wi-fi.
We created a wonderful apartment to share with travelers seeking a comfortable place to rest and have an adventure. Avid runner, cyclist, skier and yoga teacher who enjoys travel, meeting new people and experiencing new places. Especially like entertaining friends and family at our home and sharing camp fires and paddling on the Choptank River on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. My husband and I have often traveled without knowing exactly where we would end up or stay for the night which has added to our experiences with our sons. Really like our home's rural setting but close to Annapolis, MD Washington D. C. and Baltimore MD and just 4 hours from my hometown of New York City.