Welcome to our home for budget-minded students, interns and J-1 work abroad participants visiting San Francisco for 1 to 6 months. Unlike other shared houses on Airbnb that crowd many housemates into the same room, here you will have just one roommate.
The atmosphere here is friendly, social and international. You should be flexible, open to sharing, and have a high level of understanding and tolerance to cultures and customs that are different than your own.
Reglas de la casa
Living in community is very different than living alone or with a family. You must always be kind and respectful to other housemates and behave in a way that is not a burden to your fellow housemates. You might need to modify your normal routines for the benefit of the community. You should not only be willing to clean up after yourself but be willing to do a little extra to help a housemate or the community.
This is a sample of some of the house rules. A complete list of house rules will need to be agreed to prior to move in.
1. STUDENTS ONLY - This home is intended for short term accommodation for visiting students only. You must maintain your student, intern or educational work exchange status to stay here.
2. FRIENDLY COMMUNITY - You should always be friendly & respectful to others, the house and the neighborhood. Even if you perceive someone is not being respectful to you.
3. NOISE – You must always be mindful of noise that may disturb other housemates or neighbors. No loud noise or music.
4. VISITORS – You may only have a maximum of two visitors in the house at any time. You may not assign your guests to another housemate. Your visitors must sign the guest book. Visiting hours are from 9:00AM – 10:00PM ( (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) ) Sunday – Thursday and 9:00AM – Midnight ( (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) ) Friday and Saturday.
5. SMOKING – Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the house, out the windows, or within 20 feet of the building.
6. DRUGS – Illegal drugs, including medical marijuana, are not allowed in the building at any time.
7. ALCOHOL – If you are 21, you may consume small amounts of alcohol in the house (i.e. “social drinking”). However, you may not be drunk in the common areas of the house. If you feel the effects of alcohol you need to go out (if it’s safe for you to do so) or go to bed.
8. CLEANING- Y ou are responsible for cleaning your own room. Y ou should also promptly clean any other areas in the house you have used (such as the kitchen and bathrooms) immediately after you have used them. You will be asked to do one cleaning chore per week (such as clean a bathroom).
9. COOKING – You may cook your own meals provided you immediately and thoroughly clean the kitchen and your dishes and pans. To prevent fires, you must be in the kitchen and watching your cooking at all times.
10. NO OPEN FLAME – You may not have any open flame in the house. This includes matches, lighters, candles, smoking or incense.
11. PETS – Pets of any kind are not allowed in the house.
12. SECURITY – You must help to insure the security of the building at all times. Never let in unknown persons. Always make sure the security gate is closed. Report all security problems.