Recent renovation of an 1874 creole townhouse in the heart of the Treme neighborhood. A 5 minute walk to the French Quarter (North boundary of Rampart St), 15 minute walk to Bourbon St in one direction and Frenchman St in another. Across the street from Louis Armstrong Park and Mahaila Jackson Theater! Please read the ENTIRE listing description (including "The Neighborhood") before booking/inquiring!
There is central AC/heat, WIFI and basic cable TV. The kitchen is fully stocked with oven/stove, refrigerator, dishes & silverware, pots & pans, cooking utensils and a few spices . Sorry, no dishwasher!
Disponible para huéspedes
The whole 2nd floor is yours! There is a keyless/coded door, so you don't have to worry about losing a key during your adventures around New Orleans! The door is coded and I change the code after every guest leaves. Free, on-street parking is plentiful. The space is not handicapped accessible and may not be a good fit for those with mobility issues or young children/babies. There is a full flight of steps you will need to climb and that cannot be blocked off from very young children. I know that my space says "family friendly" and it is (there's a recreation/community center with a play ground right across the street!), I'm just concerned about the stairs (I wish Airbnb had an option to say "may not be suitable for children under 5"). So, if you have kids that can handle stairs well, please bring them! I'm sorry, but the backyard is not available for guest use.
Atención a los huéspedes
I live downstairs with my 3 dogs. I can be as involved as you want or give you as much privacy as you need.
Otros aspectos destacables
Just finished an almost complete renovation in October of 2017! Please note that this house was built over 140 years ago and has gone through some changes- you're going to notice a few "quirks", like some rooms have a slight slope (the foundation and structure is secure- sure spent enough to get it done right!), light switches in odd locations and there is no living room/common space (this was the 2nd floor of a whole house at one point).
Número de licencia o registro
Obtén más información sobre este número
- No smoking inside. Smoking is allowed on the balcony. Please dispose of butts in the provided ashtray and not over the side of the balcony (I or my dogs may be down there!) or in the neighbor's yard.
- Use of the backyard is not available.
- Since this is a residential area, I ask that you please be courteous to the neighbors when coming and going.
- No more than 6 guests allowed! While I want you to have a good time in New Orleans, this is not a "party pad". Please respect that this is my home and I live on the property too.
- Same day requests for an early check in or late check out cannot be accommodated. Please let me know as soon as possible if you need check in/out times outside of the already posted times (check in after 3 PM, check out by 11 AM).
- Do NOT flush anything other than waste and toilet paper down the toilet- no feminine products or baby/facial wipes. The plumbing in the house is new, but the city sewage system is not! So it is easy for the main drainage line to get clogged.
- This is the Gulf Coast, there are bugs. Lots of them! Depending on the time of year, you may likely see termites, mosquitoes, cockroaches or caterpillars. Please note that I have the property regularly treated for prevention, but there is not a 100% guarantee you won't see a critter.
-If traveling with pets, please let me know how many and what kind of pets you are traveling with at the time of booking.