An authentic Fisherman's Cottage (1905) close to the sea(URL HIDDEN)
A lovely Granite Fisherman’s Cottage with large garden on edge of pretty village.
The cottage at Cléden Cap Sizun is situated at the extreme West of Cap Sizun in Southern Brittany, France’s Lands End !
4 miles from the Pointe du Raz, 1 mile from the nearest beach in Pors Théolen, a charming creek with a little café.
• The restoration has respected its original simplicity : stone walls, oak and elm wood floors, wood paneled walls, the original wooden staircase, a wood stove.
• On the first floor : 3 bedrooms with two double bedrooms (convertible, either one double bed or two singles) and one small bedroom (one single bed), the cottage can lodge up to five people.
• On the ground floor : dining/living room, kitchen, shower and individual W.C. With individual electric heating in each room.
• Coming in through the front door there is an impressive collection of barometers in the hall and contemporary art works in the living:dining room.
• There are 2 gardens, the Morning Garden, in front of the house and the Vicar’s garden of 800m² behind the green door going down to the left of the house. A totally sheltered and walled garden not overlooked surrounded by local stone walls with a well and a barbecue. In the Summer, night falls around 10.30pm, leaving plenty of time for aperitifs and barbecues outside.
• Hiking, mountain biking and cycling, surfing, diving, swimming, fishing, sailing and horse riding nearby. The coast is completely wild and conserved in the whole of the Cap Sizun. To the North, spectacular high cliffs look out over the sea and the Baie de Douarnenez. In the South the landscape is gentler, but no less captivating. The coastal path, for about 50 miles from Douarnenez to Audierne is rarely spoiled by constructions, thanks to the coastal preservation laws. The entire Iroise sea is a Marine Park and is very well protected and conserved with abundant wildlife, seabirds and dolphins.
• There are 2 fantastic surfing beaches, the Baie des Trépassés and Esquibien (10mins by car). These beaches both have lifeguards in the Summer.
• In the village at 1km you will find the bakery and small grocers and newsagent, chemists, post office, doctor and bar with cigarettes. Cheese, fresh milk and cream from the local farm on Friday afternoons. Locally smoked fish in the neighbouring village, Plogoff. The closest supermarket is in Primelin (10 mins by car)
• At 500m you will find a very good seafood restaurant with lobster (l’Etrave). A Créperie with all local organic products in Plogoff (5 mins by car).
• Markets with local producers in Audierne (20mins by car) and Douarnenez (30mins by car)
• Excellent fresh fish and seafood at the local supermarkets.
Close to the port of Douarnenez (15 miles) : Maritime Museum, many sailing regatas and old ships, Cinema Festival. Ferry from Audierne (10 miles) to the islands of Sein, Molène or Ouessant. Many festivals and Fest noz. Art à la Pointe, concerts in the ancient chapelles……..
Disponible para huéspedes
You will have private access to the entire property.
Atención a los huéspedes
We will be there to welcome you and nearby if you need any help or information during your stay.