Come stay with us! You will love your stay on our farm, in a cute little log cabin farm house. Just 7 miles north of Rexburg, there is plenty to do and see. We are within 70 miles of some of Idaho's most stunning attractions. Yellowstone Park, Island Park, Jackson Hole WY, Mesa Falls, and Henry's Lake to name a few. If you want to stay a little closer, BYU-I, the Rexburg LDS Temple, Yellowstone bear world, and the Saint Anthony sand dunes are all minutes away.
* WE LIVE ON A FARM. THERE ARE MULTIPLE PONDS, CANALS, AND DITCHES. IF YOU HAVE SMALL CHILDREN THEY MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES.*
Sample rental agreement
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between ______________ (“Homeowner”) and _____________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at:
Approximately (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) St. Anthony ID 83445
The property is furnished and includes ________________________________________
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 persons. An additional charge or $10 per person per night for guests in addition to 6 will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at _4:00_ p.m. on (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at _11:00_ a.m. on (the “Checkout Date”).
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner..
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Deposit: A deposit of $_50%_ is due at least _60_ days prior to the Check-In Date.
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within __7__ days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the following fees shall be due within _30_ days of the Check-in Date:
$ _______ per night x ____ nights = $_________
Cleaning fee $_________
Sales Tax $_________
Less deposit $(________)
TOTAL Due $_________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
_50_% if cancelled _60_ days prior to the Check-in Date
_0_% if cancelled __30__ days prior to the Check-in Date
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Below are some references you may contact to purchase such insurance:
11. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are [cash/credit card]. If you wish to use a credit card, please provide the following information.
Name on credit card: __________________ Type: _______________
Credit card billing address:_________________________________________________
City_______________________________ State ___________ Zip Code___________ Credit Card Number________________________________________ Exp date_____________ CVV (Security) Code _____________ By my signature below, I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
[Rest of page intentionally left blank]
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Name (print) Name (print):
Phone # (during stay): Phone # (during stay):
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside or outside of property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Pets are NOT allowed.
8. PARKING – Parking is limited to ___2____ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. Garbage: Any garbage must be stowed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle, located at the side of the house.
11. [Fireplace: The fireplace is a vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.] [Fireplaces are turned off from _____________; they are not operational during this time of the year.]
12. [Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to __$(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Storms: NO REFUNDS will be given for inclement weather
14. As you prepare to leave, please make sure you have left the cabin in the condition
15. We live on site, so if there are any special requests or questions, don't hesitate to ask.
16. Lastly, This unit is located on a farm. There are various ponds, large equipment , uneven ground, irrigation equipment and waterways. please use caution and supervise children at all times.
Under Idaho law, there are risks associated with agritourism, which could lead to injury or death. You are assuming these risks. Section 6-3004, Idaho Code.
Rental Agreement Checklist
# of Guests Booked
Check-In Time, Date & Day of Week
Checkout Time, Date & Day of Week
Rate Change Provisions
Security Deposit Amount
Payment Schedule Including Dates
Balance Due Date
Payment Methods Accepted
Instructions for Paying by CC
Credit Card Authorization
Name on Card
Credit Card Number
Type of Card
Reiterate Cancellation/Refund Policy
Signature with Date
Rental Restrictions (Age, Noise, etc.)
Checkout Policy (Keys, Cleaning, etc.)
Penalty for Late Checkout
Deposit Refund Policy (incl. deadline)
Written Exceptions Clause (if renter wishes to alter anything outlined in rental agreement)
Inclement Weather Policy