Perched atop a hill in the gated community of Green Cay Plantation, the upscale Luna Guest House (part of the Villa Sol y Luna) provides majestic views of Bolongo Bay, the outer islands, as well as St. John and the BVI's.
Only minutes from Charlotte Amalie to the west, and Red Hook to the east, you are perfectly located to enjoy all that St Thomas has to offer! In addition, from Red Hook you are only a short ferry ride to St John and the BVI's to extend your adventure.
• Check-in / Check-out: Check-in is from 3pm until 10pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
• Luggage Drop Off: Arriving before your check in time? You are welcome to drop your luggage at Villa Sol y Luna while you begin to explore our wonderful island.
• Extra Guests: We understand that for a whole variety of reasons, you may want additional guests to stay in the place. In the event that you want additional guests to stay, please contact us to let us know. We’re reasonable folk and will accommodate wherever possible. We just want to remind you that we can only accommodate up to two additional guests in the downstairs pull out sleeper, and that the downstairs is not equipped with A/C.
• Access: Since this is a guest house adjacent to our primary residence, we like to ensure everyone has their own space. We kindly ask guests to refrain from entering the main residence, or the private residence below the main residence. We’ll ensure your space is likewise respected in return.
• Security: While being one of the safest areas of town, we want to ensure every guest stay remains problem free. Please keep the front door locked as a precautionary measure if you are away. This is just one small + simple thing we’re able to do to ensure that.
• Pool: The 4 foot deep swimming pool is available for your use during your stay. We would like to remind you that the infinity edge is not equipped with a rail, so please do not sit on that ledge. Also, glass should not be brought into the pool area so we have provided ample plastic mugs for your use. In addition, we require all guests to sign a swimming pool liability waiver upon check in.
• Noise: To be considerate of our neighbors, we kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 10pm. We’ll make sure to reciprocate the favor. Unless it’s Kenny Chesney. He’s okay to play at any time in all areas of the house. :)
• Age: Due to our common area configuration that includes an un-gated pool, we’ve needed to implement a minimum age requirement of 12+. Any children under 12 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult when in or near the pool.
• Electricity: The cost of power here in the islands is up to 5x the stateside rates. To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and the A/C when its not in use or leaving the house. Mother nature thanks you too.
• Water: Since we collect rain water in a cistern for showers and laundry, we kindly ask that you practice water conservation. See our house manual for some tips. Doing so helps us to avoid having to have water delivered by truck before you can brush your teeth. :)
• Amenities: The easiest way to disrupt an enjoyable stay is a plumbing problem. To prevent this, we kindly ask you to please place things like sanitary napkins in the sanitary bin we’ve provided in the bathroom. We simply want to ensure you have a royal flush kind of holiday :)
• Cleanliness: While we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels and bed sheets in the hamper. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
• Smoking: Being a family home, we also have a no smoking policy inside the guest house (although you are welcome to smoke in the designated smoking area to the side of the guest house, or the common areas outside as long as you pocket your butts. :)
• Laundry: We are happy to provide a stacking washer/dryer off the kitchen area, along with detergent and dryer sheets. Please feel free to use as needed.
• Damage: We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
• Pets: Have a pet? We love animals, but we respectfully request that you not bring them with you for your stay.
• Cleaning Service: Do you need some cleaning before your checkout? We will be happy to provide a service to spruce things up for a small additional fee. Let us know if you need such service.