Dog-friendly cottage set within idyllic, secluded surroundings - tucked at the end of a private road, next to nature reserve, surrounded by fields overlooking Camber Castle. Situated alongside River Brede with decked private mooring. Just 2 minutes' drive (10 minutes' walk) into centre of Rye town. Good-sized garden and recreational facilities available (BBQ, kayak, table tennis). Sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms. Has 3 bathrooms (2 showers, 1 bath/shower).
- Smoking is permitted outside of the building only. Smoking is not permitted inside the house including the conservatory.
- Guests should not create excessive noise which may disturb neighbours, wildlife or farm animals; please keep volume to appropriate levels.
- Toiletries, linen and towels are provided. However, these are for use in the property only and should not be removed from the property. Please bring your own beach towels if you intend to visit the beach as these are not provided.
- Use of the premises, facilities, appliances and any equipment provided including for recreational purposes is at the guests' own risk. Guests agree to ensure recreational items provided (kayak, BBQ, table tennis) are kept in good condition and returned to designated storage after use.
- Guests should dispose of general household and recyclable waste in the appropriate council bins and boxes. These are marked and located at the entrance of the driveway. Designated council provided bins and their use: Black bin – general household waste; Green bin – recyclables: paper, cardboard, plastic, cans; Black glass recycling box – for glass items e.g. wine bottles
- Dogs are very welcome and there are no areas which are off bounds. However, please ensure you clean up after your dog(s), and that your dog(s) are kept on leads when in the surrounding fields. There is a dog bed and feeding bowls. If you have more than 1 dog, please bring extra beds etc. Towels for dogs are not provided.
- Maximum number of guests is 10 (headcount includes children over the age of 4). Please note: We do not provide cribs or high chairs for infants, so please bring your own.
- Children should be supervised at all times on the premises, especially along the river, inside the garage (where tools are also kept) and when exploring the surrounding fields.
I used to run a bookshop-cafe-gallery with my partner in Bermondsey and later Bankside. I have a dog called Matzo who's my baby. We travel quite some. NYC is a favourite for her, for me it's the Hudson Valley. In some ways, I don't really enjoy the travelling bit, as I can't wait to get there and get stuck in! We like our creature comforts, for me a private bathroom and toilet is a must. For my partner, it's a TV (especially when World Cup, US Open or Wimbledon is on) and a lovely comfy couch. We like ambling about and dawdling over coffee when we travel, we ditch the travel guides and are fairly spontaneous.