The casita (little house) is located on the rear of my property in one of Las Vegas' oldest neighborhood. We are located just a 10 minute Uber ride from the famed Las Vegas Strip, walking distance to the Medical District and less than a 5 minute ride to Downtown area and Arts District, both of which are undergoing a resurgence at the moment. The unit is fully self-contained and includes all you will need for a short stay in the vacation capital of the world.
Our cozy casita is perfect for a couple or single traveler who wants to be in close proximity to the Strip, Downtown, Medical District and all of central Las Vegas without the frenzy and costs associated with the hotels. Ideal also for stopovers on the way to nearby National Parks.
Disponible para huéspedes
You'll have use of the exclusive use of casita and two outdoor seating areas.
Atención a los huéspedes
I work from home and will be available for minimum interaction with guests. I love my neighborhood's proximity to much of the transforming urban core and can offer advice on restaurants, coffee houses etc in this area. However, you may find that Yelp is your best source for such information.
Otros aspectos destacables
I'll be available for check-in and ask that you leave the keys on the dining table at check-out.
- Pets: I know we all love our furry( I am owned by a cat myself) but out of consideration for all our guests, you, and those who will come after you, we cannot accommodate pets (yes that includes your pet gecko as I'm deathly afraid of those cold-blooded pets :-))
- Usage: If you've come to Las Vegas to party, you already know you've chosen the right city. Unfortunately, despite our proximity to the Strip, this casita is just not it. Consider our place an oasis of calm and a sanctuary away from the Strip and Downtown. Our close proximity to those party centers make it possible for you to party there and then escape to your desert oasis casita. We are located in a quiet family-centered neighborhood and want to be continue to enjoy the tranquility of our home and outdoor space.
- Amenities - Please use the casita as if it was your own treasured home away from home. Adhere to the Golden Rule "Do unto others...". This means cleaning up after yourself and placing trash and recyclables in the large bins located at the end of the driveway. Bags are provided in the kitchen for this purpose. The kitchen is fully equipped with all you will need for a few days/nights. I've stayed in many AirBnbs in numerous countries and tried to incorporate the things I liked best in building about them.. at least in principle. Although the kitchen has a 2-burner stove, there is no hood provided, so please keep use to very light cooking and reheating. Also, we've provided trivets for you to use so that hot pots are not placed on the butcher block kitchen counter. We kindly ask that our guests use these as the replacement of a kitchen counter is not an inexpensive cost which we would be forced to pass on to you should such damage occur. Please help us help you.
- Smoking : What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, and that includes the smell of cigarette/cigar smokes long after guests have left. Try walking through the casino floors of some of Las Vegas's oldest casinos and you'll see what I mean. In order to keep this home enjoyable for all guests, we ask that you confine your smoking to the outdoor space located at the back of the casita.
- Marijuana Use - I feel the need to add a separate rule for this one. Nevada has recently joined the many states who now allow recreational marijuana use. While it is legal in Nevada, we ask that our guests do not smoke marijuana on the property. This applies to both indoor and outdoor space. We have a small child and we want to continue to encourage his roaming of the yard at will, something that will have to be restricted if there is a likelihood that he will encounter marijuana smoke. We are not prudes, simply parents. I'm sure it won't come to this but any violation of this rule will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave. Not good for you. Not good for us.
- Check-in/Check-out: Check-in is at 3 pm and check-out at 11 am. Should you be arriving a bit earlier or need an extra hour of rest, just let us know ahead of time and we'll try and accommodate you. Hey, we've been there ourselves.
- Cleanliness: We do a thorough professional cleaning between guests, but we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away dishes and/or kitchenware used and put dirty towels and linen in the hamper provided in the bathroom. This allows us to have quicker turnover but more importantly, allows us to keep cleaning costs low for you and future guests.
- Damage: We've been guests before and understand that even with the best of intentions, accidents do happen. We ask that you just let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them effortlessly, giving you a better chance of having your security deposit fully refunded.
- Electricity ( Lights/AC/Heating): To keep our costs down we ask that you switch off lights when leaving the casita. All bulbs are LED but still, every bit helps. If you are our guests at any time during the summer months, we're sorry (just kidding, although it gets seriously hot in Las Vegas in the summer). As transplants to the city, let me tell you that nothing prepares you for the searing heat, although it is true what they say...dry heat is better than humidity, even if that temperature is 110F plus. The casita is equipped with a mini-split unit that provides both heat and cooling. We ask that when leaving the unit for extended periods during the daytime, please do not turn the AC off. I know we all what to be kind to Mother Earth, but simply adjust AC to the 80F-85F range. When you return, you can then lower the temperature setting and the casita will quickly cool down to desired level. If you turn it off, with the high temperatures outside in excess of 100 F, it will take hours to cool down to an acceptable level.
- Occupancy: The casita is meant for a maximum of 2 guests and maybe one child if he/she is small. There is a queen bed provided and an air mattress is located in the bench in the kitchen, should you need to accommodate a child.
- Amenities: In addition to the casita and the seating areas mentioned above, you are welcome to use the common areas of the property. This includes the pool and the barbecue grill. Typical of our neighborhood,, we have a large property. Half an acre of thoughtfully landscaped grounds that is available for your use as well. Seating nooks among desert landscaping invite relaxation and reflection. You may find us there occasionally drinking coffee, beer, or kombucha as the season dictates.
My husband and I are fun-loving, laid back tech workers with a passion for travel, entertainment. We chose to live in central Las Vegas to avail ourselves of the entertainment and dining options that makes Las Vegas such a great city to live and visit. It was our luck to happen upon this amazingly eclectic home that just begs to be shared and enjoyed. We live with our 10 month old son and cat so we hope that you are not allergic cats or the sound of a happy baby cooing or barreling through the space. Our cat is pretty much a scaredy cat and so you won't even know she's there.
We both work from home, so prefer solo business travellers or quiet couples who do their partying on the Strip and then just want to sleep in a place that is an oasis of calm and beauty.
We own rental homes in other states but this is our first home we'll be sharing with others, so we hope to find kind, considerate people who are respectful of our home.