Mai Tai Beach House - Mission Bay Waterfront Vacation Rental
Before booking, please contact us to make sure this home is the best fit for your group.
Saturday to Saturday reservations from mid-June through mid-August.
Location: Mission Beach / San Diego, California
Waterfront location on Mission Bay and across the strand from Mission Beach
Ground floor Bayside Walk patio
Close proximity to beach shops, water sports and restaurants
Saturday - Saturday stays required mid-June through mid-August unless otherwise listed
Not equipped with air-conditioning
Stairs to living and sleeping levels
No pets and no smoking
Age Requirement: 25+ unless children accompanied by parents (All groups must be approved by owner)
Description: The Mai Tai Beach House is ground central for your tropical San Diego beach vacation. This recently remodeled 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath condominium home sits waterfront on Bayside Walk. This home is on a special part of the bay that features gently waving palm trees on a strand of grass lawn, adjacent to the sandy beach and the tranquil waters of Mission Bay.
The home is set up for groups up to 10 and creates the perfect environment to make vacation memories. The property spans 3 levels, starting with a ground level patio with lounge seating where you can watch the sailboats glide across the bay and wave to passersby on Bayside Walk, on the second level is the main living area with a spacious, modern kitchen opening up to the dining area and living room overlooking the beach and bay beyond. Upstairs are 4 bedrooms with sleeping accommodations for up to 10 guests! In addition, all bedrooms feature their own flat screen TV’s, and there are 3 DVD players in the home.
The Master Suite is a special retreat with raised curved ceilings, a waterfront balcony with bistro seating, a 50” HDTV, and adjacent bathroom with a walk-in shower and dual sink vanity capped with beautiful granite countertops.
Make this your perfect San Diego getaway. We invite you to call us for more information and reserve your spot in paradise!
Bayside Walk/Waterfront Patio
Living Room with 42" Flat Screen with Apple TV and DVD
Open Floor Plan Kitchen with Breakfast Bar (Seats 2)
Dining Area with Dining Table (Seats 6)
Balcony with seating and BBQ
Master Bedroom - Queen Bed (Sleeps 2) with Bay View Patio, Flat Screen HDTV, En Suite Bath with Walk-in Shower, Ceiling Fan
Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed (Sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3 - Full Bunk Bed (Sleeps up to 4)
Bedroom 4 - 2 Twin Beds (Sleeps 2)
Hall Bath - Tub shower combo
At Bluewater Vacation Homes, our number one job is to provide the ideal place for you to create your vacation memories. Our Vacation Planners are local area experts and will not only help you find the perfect home for your group, but will also help you plan your activities to make sure you make the most of your visit. Once you arrive, we`re here 7 days a week to make sure you have everything you need for a great stay.
Please Note: Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding noise disturbances, over occupancy and/or parties. Fines, deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies and read the rental Terms and Conditions closely before renting with Bluewater.
Disponible para huéspedes
Sleeping Accommodations: (Sleeps a Maximum of 8 Adults + 2 Children)
Master Bedroom - Queen Bed (Sleeps up to 2)
Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed (Sleeps up to 2)
Bedroom 3 - Full Size Bunk Bed (Sleeps 2 Adults or up to 4 Children)
Bedroom 4 - (2) Twin Beds (Sleeps up to 2)
Complimentary Home Stocking Items:
Ready-made beds and one bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloth per guest
One Beach Towel per guest
Propane for BBQ
Kitchen starter kit: hand soap, sponge, dish soap, dishwasher soap, a roll of paper towels, and trash bags (Note: spices, baggies, aluminum foil, etc are not supplied.)
Bathroom starter kit: (for each bathroom) Hotel-style set of bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, and two rolls of toilet paper
Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
Complimentary Propane for gas BBQ
Iron and Ironing Board
Bikes, beach chairs and toys are not included; however we have Bluewater discount arrangements with local companies that can deliver custom orders based on your specific needs. Ask your vacation planner for details!
Basic Cookware and Utensils
Ground Level Patio
Lounge Seating with Umbrella
Bay View Patio for 2 off Master Suite
2 Tandem Outdoor Parking Spaces (parking for 2 cars) - width is ~74 inches
Atención a los huéspedes
As a professional management company, communication is very easy with Bluewater. We are always available; via email and phone during office hours, and by phone on our emergency phone line after-hours.
We will send all information for your stay at the home prior to your arrival and remind you of your code on the day of arrival.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please note: No pets and no smoking allowed. This home is located in a high-density neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups. Our rental agreement includes a no tolerance policy regarding excessive noise, occupancy and/or parties. Deposit forfeitures and/or evictions are strictly enforced. Please make sure you are comfortable with these policies before renting with Bluewater.
City Occupancy Tax: 10.5%
Departure Cleaning charge includes $250 for cleaning and Vacation Rental Damage Protection that is $49.
Refundable Security Deposit May Apply
Any bookings less than 7 nights are subject to rate surcharges. Please see our House Rules and contact us for more details.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
We are bound to enforce a Zero Tolerance Policy for noise disturbances, over occupancy or house parties. Violations of the terms of this agreement may result in fines from $500.00 up to three (3) times the rental amount, as well as forfeiture of security deposits and immediate termination of occupancy with no refunds. All adult groups must be approved by owner prior to finalizing reservations.
As opposed to a hotel room, vacation rentals typically have more square feet, bedrooms, mechanical systems, appliances, electronics, etc. Because of this, there is a much greater chance that something may need attention during your stay and we promise to do everything within reason to remedy the situation; however we do not offer refunds unless the home is determined to be uninhabitable.
Please do not proceed with booking if you, or anyone in your group, are not comfortable with these policies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Guest agrees to read and abide by the Terms of this agreement and ensure all other occupants abide by these terms. As consideration for the booking and use of Vacation Rental Property during the lease term, Guest agrees to pay Manager for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Guest booking the vacation rental must be an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of the Vacation Rental Property during the entire reserved period. Guests and/or all occupants` valid government I.D. must be presented upon request. Guest assumes responsibility for all actions of other occupants and guests. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of any payments or deposits and the party will not be permitted to occupy property. Guest agrees to comply with all posted condominium or homeowner rules and regulations applicable to use of the Unit and the common areas.
2. CANCELLATION: Please refer to Airbnb`s cancellation policy.
3. TERMINATION: Manager has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Guest or any guests violate any of the terms and conditions, Manager may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate Guest’s occupancy with no refunds of rents or security deposits, and Guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination. Guest is notified that all individuals occupying the Unit will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under State law. Manager or its agent may enter the premises and remove Guest, the members of Guest`s party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the unit for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, house parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, or the rules of the homeowners association, are prohibited. IF NOISE COMPLAINTS, OVER OCCUPANCY OR CONTRACT VIOLATIONS OCCUR, OR IF LAW ENFORCEMENT IS DISPATCHED TO PROPERTY DUE TO DISTURBANCES OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, GUEST AND ALL OCCUPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: Per Airbnb policy, all payment is collected at the time of booking. Manager does not receive funds from Airbnb until 30 days prior to reservation at which time reservation is completely non-refundable. Guest assumes all liability for any disputed or charge-back amounts by said party. Rates are subject to change and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. In the event incorrect information or rates are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Manager shall have the right to refuse, cancel, or limit any reservations listed incorrectly, whether or not a reservation confirmation has been sent. Manager does not receive credit card token from Airbnb; in instances where additional options need to be purchased through Manager, Manager will require credit card information from Guest for Manager’s separate reservation system.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE PROTECTION: Please refer to Airbnb`s security deposit policy.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the home is not ready for check-in you will be notified. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in. Please notify Manager upon arrival so we may ensure the Property is to your satisfaction(URL HIDDEN)
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Manager for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important. A $75 hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time and Guest will be liable for any additional damages incurred, but not limited to the cost of supplying alternative accommodations for arriving guests.
8. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Guest should leave the property in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
• Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home(URL HIDDEN)
• Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up.
• Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home).
• All remote controls left in plain sight.
• Refrigerator and unit should be left clean and free of perishable food.
• BBQ cleaned with brush.
• Turn-off lights, heater, air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
• Ensure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
• If applicable, leave keys, garage openers, and/or parking passes on the kitchen counter.
• If unit equipped with a lock-box, please return keys to the lock-box.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If checkout procedures were not followed and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Guests credit card on file at the rate of $50 per hour. A $25 per item fee will be charged for each lost key and $75 for each garage door opener and remote control missing after check out.
9. OCCUPANCY: Guest understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. A charge of up to $200 per day per person may be imposed for excess occupancy. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. Should Guest wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests; Guest must obtain pre-approval by Manager in writing.
10. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Manger provides a starter kit which includes toiletry items, soaps, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Guest should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Guests use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Guest`s own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels, if provided) and linens are not to be taken from the units.
11. GUEST CONDUCT: Guest agrees to ensure all occupants abide by the terms of this agreement and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the surrounding neighbors` quiet enjoyment of their property. Outdoor noise, or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum and respectful level regardless of the hour. Quiet hour begins at 10:00 PM in compliance with the local San Diego Noise Ordinance.
12. GUEST`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Guest shall notify Manager upon arrival to Property to confirm arrival. Guest agrees to examine the Unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition, damaged or in disrepair or guest may be held liable. Guest also agrees to immediately notify Manager of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent units and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage or be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Manager will not be held responsible for any cleaning concerns not communicated upon arrival. Any damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the premises must be reported to Manager upon discovery and prior to check out.
13. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Guest may be evicted and is responsible for all damage and clean up caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, and odor remediation (which can cost thousands of dollars).
14. PETS: Pets are strictly prohibited in the vacation rental unless a separate Pet Addendum has been signed in advance of occupancy. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Guest may and/or pet may be evicted and Guest is responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Manager for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
15. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: Television(s)/Cable/internet/satellite services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access issues, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
16. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: Most beach rentals are not equipped with air conditioning. If so equipped, and if not regulated otherwise, Guest agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
17. POOL AND SPA: If so equipped, spa heating is included. Pool heating, unless solar equipped is an additional fee and must be paid for prior to use and pool heat shall not exceed 86 degrees. Guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls and will be liable for additional utility costs for unauthorized pool heating. Guest understands that the area surrounding pool and spa may not be fenced or secure. Guest will be liable for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through misuse and/or negligence.
18. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the vacation rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Manager will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Guest agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the property owner nor the Manager shall be liable to Guest for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
19. PARKING: Guest is advised that in many high density beach communities, parking is at a premium, and garages and parking spaces can be smaller than normal. Guest is advised to ask for measurements if parking is needed and not park in non-designated spaces or block neighbors` access. No refunds will be given if vehicles do not fit in designated spaces.
20. TELEPHONES: Telephones are typically not provided. If provided, Guest agrees to reimburse Manager for long distance telephone calls or pay for any long distance or collect calls occurring during the reservation dates. Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialing 911. Many Units are located in areas with poor cell phone coverage. Please verify with Manager if a land line is necessary or you are concerned with cell phone signal strength.
21. SECURITY: Guest shall see to their own and to the Property`s security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it`s prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
22. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Guest shall not make (or permit to be made) any alterations to the Premises, or change or add any lock without prior consent of Manager.
23. LOST ITEMS: Manager shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest for return. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest`s request. Manager shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days may be donated or sold.
24. NOISE TRANSMISSION: Guest is aware if Unit is located in a high density neighborhood, it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences, businesses, traffic, etc. If Unit has common walls, ceilings or floors, noise may travel between and cause disturbance to Guest from other residences(URL HIDDEN)
25. OWNERS PROPERTY: Guest agrees not to access the owner`s storage area, even if unlocked, which contains owner`s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
26. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The Property is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. It is the duty of the Guest locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants and guests of the location, and to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
27. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The Property is equipped with smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector. Guest will not tamper or disable and agrees to notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or otherwise indicate low battery condition.
28. MULTIPLE HOME RENTALS: Should Guest or acquaintance of Guest rent another vacation rental in proximity to Unit, no items shall be moved between homes. Guest agrees to not over-occupy any home and will therefore ensure that all homes rented through Manager will never exceed the number of individuals indicated on the website plus 4 additional guests which must leave the premises by 10:00 PM, unless prior written approval is obtained. Over-occupying the home creates extra wear and tear, risk of plumbing problems and noise complaints.
29. GARBAGE: Guest shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. See the Guest Information Binder in the unit or contact manager for garbage collection days. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts pests.
30. SUBLEASING: Guest shall not sublet the property.
31. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guest does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
32. SALE / LEASE OF PROPERTY: If unit is actively listed for sale or lease, Manager may notify guest to schedule and show property.
33. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should Guest have the need to transfer the reservation to an alternate person, that person must be approved by Manager and must agree to all terms and conditions. A $150 transfer processing fee shall be applied to the reservation.
34. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: Guest waives Manager for all liability for spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, pool, sauna, pond, decks, railings, etc., herein referred to as Special Feature. If so equipped, it is the Guest`s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around Special Feature. Guest understands that the area surrounding Special Feature is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Guest agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of Special Feature to all guests at the property. Guest agrees to instruct all guests on premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property including roof-tops. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility for Guest and other occupants, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against property owner or Manager for accidents or claims.
35. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If for any reason, the Property is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made to locate a substitute vacation rental. If the substitute property rents for a higher rate for the same period, or remaining period respectively, Guest will have the option to pay any additional charges or cancel the reservation within 72 hours of notification of Guest by Manager. However, if the substitute property rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Guest. In any event, the sole remedy for any perceived damages, liability, or inconvenience is a full refund of the rental amount upon Guest cancellation. It is highly recommend that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
36. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Manager does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the Unit, or any other reasons. It is highly recommend that Guest considers the purchase of travel insurance.
37. AGENCY: It is mutually understood and agreed that Manager is acting as Agent only for the property owner and has no liability to either party for the performance of any terms or covenant of this agreement. Furthermore, Guest understands Manager is being compensated in this transaction by the property owner and is contractually obligated to protect the interest of same. Manager hereby discloses to Guest should Guest elect to purchase travel insurance protection or damage insurance through Manager, Manager may be compensated by provider(s) for cooperation in the transaction(URL HIDDEN)
38. HOLD HARMLESS: The Guest and all occupants shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Manager and property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests also expressly recognizes that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
39. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
40. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance.
41. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the San Diego County court in California in which county the Unit is located. Both parties consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such court. Guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney`s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Manager enforcing this agreement.
42. SIGNATURES: Facsimile signatures are deemed original signatures and approving online terms and conditions constitute approval of the terms and conditions.
Bluewater Vacation Homes is professional vacation rental agency in coastal San Diego. Our job is to provide you with the perfect place to create amazing vacation memories. From beach cottages to luxury villas, we have homes for almost any group and any budget and we make the process easy from start to finish. We are also open 7 days a week so our friendly staff will never leave you hanging waiting for return calls or emails. You can also take advantage of our free concierge service that will provide you with inside information and everything you will need to make the most of your visit. These are just some of the not-so-secret ingredients that have made us a proven leader in the local area. Contact us now and we’ll find just the right place for you and your group!