The building and apartment are fantastic - everything a single traveller or couple would need. Brand new, clean, super fast wifi, new dishes, pots, shampoo, ironing, towels, laundry, dishwasher, desk for working, comfy couch, TV with Netflix and a balcony to walk out and get fresh air. The location is ideal - easy to walk to from union station (where the airport train drops you and the subway line connects to) loads of restaurants, a supermarket right across the street, and many of the prime tourist activities including CN Tower, Centre Island, Air Canada Centre, Blue Jays.
A few reasons I didn't give it 5 stars:
1. The view photo isn't accurate: there is an 80 story high rise being constructed right across the street obscuring the view of the lake. Imagine that building won't be done until summer 2018. Can still see lovely views either side but I never like it when the pictures online don't tell the full story.
2. Key pickup is a pain: 6 blocks away from the place itself. The owner told me they chose it for the 24 hour access which is understandable BUT it's still a long walk with luggage, in the rain to pick up and drop off the keys. Suggest they have a second set of keys available at a closer key drop for the 80% of us who arrive at regular check in hours.
3. Price surprise. It was advertised at $125/night. That's a steal. But when I clicked through to book, the price more than doubled to $250/night plus a $125 cleaning fee. I've never experienced that with airbnb before and was a nasty surprise. I think it's worth $250/night but never like the feeling of being shown one thing then asked to pay another.
4. Checkout time is 10am. Small point but short changing that extra hour (11 or noon is the norm everywhere else) can make a difference.
5. On the down lo. The building and the city haven't fully embraced airbnb yet. You're asked to 'not bother the Concierage' and be discreet. Again a minor point but you do feel like you're sneaking around a bit. Minor tho.
I will say this: I'll stay there again. The place is the perfect size, location and furnished nicely. And the view, obstructed or not, is still fabulous.