Welcome to The Shophouse Enclave! Our Martinique Apartment is on the 3rd floor of a 1920s heritage Singapore Shophouse. The space is flooded with light and has everything you need + an en-suite bathroom and kitchenette. You could easily spend your whole trip right here in our hip neighbourhood as it is only 7min drive to Town, and full of cool bars, cafes, restaurants, and indie shops. 2 MRT stations are within 5 min walking distance, and 24/hr iconic Mustafa Shopping Mall is just next door;)!
Experience the eclectic charm of living in a re-fashioned and reloved colonial-era walk-up Shophouse! Our home is lovingly filled with unique, one-of-a-kind vintage furniture from all over the world, and we take pride in being a Superhost for all our guests - do have a look at our other reviews for a better idea of our hosting style;)! We are also currently having a first-month launch promotion for our newly furnished Shophouse Enclave, thus the low rate that you see -- enjoy!:)
High lofty ceilings, large spacious Suites, no. 38 Petain Row is one of our 7 iconic, beautifully-conserved Singaporean Shophouses - home to the bustling, vibrant Jalan Besar.
★ Please Note ★: This listing is NOT for the entire heritage house, but for our self-contained 1 BEDROOM SUITE with its own PRIVATE BATHROOM AND EQUIPPED KITCHEN. - The suite is located on its OWN ENTIRE floor, and is ONE of the 5 suites available in our Shophouse:)).
Our large 400 sq ft apartment on the third floor, is inspired by the iconic Banana Leaf prints reminiscent of the famous Beverly Hills Hotel in L.A.. A beautiful antique Single-sized opium daybed filled with tropical cushions and matching lounge area greets you as you enter -- perfect for taking in the morning light with a cup of coffee and some easy reading while planning your day:) Sink into our gorgeous tall four-post mahogany wood King-size Opium bed with a plush Hotel grade mattress after a long day of exploring and sightseeing...you will certainly not want to leave it!;)
Apart from all our original vintage furniture pieces that we've collected over the years (occupational hazard!), our apartment also comes with extremely soft and clean bed linens for every guest, freshly laundered sets of towels, its own kitchenette, an electric kettle, hair dryer, and refrigerator for storing any food items you plan on whipping up from the comfort of your apartment, as well as a 47" flat screen TV....with lo' and behold - Netflix!! (For all the traveling couch-potatoes out there who just want to enjoy a lazy night in with a movie and snacks..;))
A cosy vintage marble dining area by the windows has also been cleared for those who would like a separate corner to enjoy some home-cooked brekkie while getting ready for the day's activities! :)
Please note that this loft apartment is on the third floor of the Shophouse up a flight of stairs, do take your time with carrying your luggage up as there is no rush and the steps are largely spaced out with landing foyers in between :) A pillow, and clean linens can also be prepared for our Single-sized Opium daybed that sleeps 1 pax should you be traveling with an extra companion (only someone who is shorter than 1.72m;)) -- otherwise, we are also able to provide a comfy single foldaway bed upon request too.
Your Apartment is fully self-contained and there will not be any sharing of space. In short, you will find,
|| 24/hr Check-in via Electronic Door Lock
|| Luggage Storage at our Shophouse if arriving early/leaving late with Common Bathroom facilities to Freshen up in even after Check-out
|| Private En-suite Bathroom - Towels, Shampoo and Shower Gel are complimentary
|| High-Pressure Hot Water Shower
|| Kitchen - Equipped with Electric Kettle, Microwave and Cooking Facilities
|| Mini-bar Refrigerator and Complimentary Coffee/Tea sachets
|| Comfortable Sleep Environment in a King Bed with Quality Bedding
|| Cosy Living Area with Collector's pieces
|| Unlimited High-Speed WiFi
|| 47" Smart TV (*just for NETFLIX, no local channels*)
|| Hairdryer, Iron & Ironing Board (Iron and Board are located in the common Ground floor area)
|| Baby Friendly - Baby cot available on Request
|| Washer / Dryer (located in the common Ground floor area) - Complimentary Detergent Available
Disponible para huéspedes
Your spacious apartment is completely secure and private on its own floor with its own en-suite bathroom and private kitchenette + dining area. We have also provided some useful, basic necessities as listed above.
These are the following Shared facilities on the ground floor of the Shophouse:
1) Laundry area with Washer, Dryer, Iron, Clothes Hanging Stand + Complimentary Detergent so that you may have your long-awaited Laundry day and recharge for the rest of your trip! ;) The iron and ironing board are located on the common ground floor at the back of the Shophouse, and we allow all our guests to use these free of charge as long as they return things to the way they are:).
2) Kitchen with full Cooking Facilities + my Personal Collection of Dry Herbs and Spices + Sauces/Oils. Guests are allowed complimentary access to this for their own light cooking/food prep. Feel free to use as many utensils and dishes as you like, but please remember to wash them after use and return them to the common area.
3) A Lush and Eclectic Waiting Lobby/Entrance Foyer for all guests to enjoy with some of our vintage Danish design furniture curated from all over the world as well as personal memorabilia and books amidst the lovely plants and foliage:D
All our guests are welcome to enjoy this co-sharing space on the ground floor and mingle with other like-minded guests if preferred!
Atención a los huéspedes
We are not staying in the Shophouse at the moment but all enquiries are welcome throughout and we'd be happy to help with suggestions on where to go and what to do (especially with our in-house food and drink aficionado!) to fully enjoy this locale and your holiday in Singapore:)!
You also have the option to self-check in or have either myself or someone else greet you upon arrival at the Shophouse, please do let us know which you would prefer. ;)
Otros aspectos destacables
• DO kindly provide a brief description of all persons staying in the apartment/your purpose in Singapore when inquiring. This will help speed up our booking selection process. ;)
• DO read through the detailed information about our space on the listing before inquiring/making a booking request so that you are completely up-to-date on what to expect in our home before confirming:p
• For long-term staying guests, we are also able to organize a lovely cleaner who stays next door to come over and clean your apartment at her usual hourly rate. This is NOT included in the apartment rental rate:)!
• As we are an Airbnb home not a hotel, we appreciate your common courtesy and understanding to tidy up after yourselves before you leave and place everything back in it's proper place! :)
We love sharing our home with you all, and we hope that you will enjoy our humble abode as we strive to fine tune how to make your stay an even better one! :D
- Please make sure to include the **TOTAL Number of Guests** staying when enquiring or requesting, so that the Airbnb Occupancy rates shown to you are accurately reflected, because the current default setting is for a **Single-Occupancy rate**.
- Large Gatherings/Events/Photoshoots are NOT part of this booking usage if not priorly agreed upon. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation and evict if a guest is found to be using our home for non-residential purposes without prior agreement/if they have extra unaccounted-for guests in the house.
- We have a "Quiet House Rule" FROM 9PM TO 9AM in our house, so please kindly keep voice levels to a minimum when outside the apartments, in the common ground floor areas, or when you are coming/going up the staircase (sound can travel easily to other rooms even when you are talking in the stairwell due to our Shophouse acoustics so please be mindful of other guests esp. if you are Checking-in late or Checking-out early with roller luggages!). Failure to comply or any loud noise complaints received from other guests can result in the partial loss of one's Security deposit.
- Use of our Washer & Dryer is restricted to the hours of BETWEEN 11AM-7PM ONLY so as to not disturb other guests while they're resting:))
- Turn off ALL lights and the air-conditioning when you leave the house so as to save the earth (!)
- NO shoes in the house, please remove them when you enter our common waiting lobby area and you may use our indoor House slippers provided instead:)
- If you use the kitchen/have any trash, please clean up well after yourselves/place them in the large green bin right outside the house before you leave! :) We also allow ONLY light cooking in our kitchens, NO heavy/oily cooking please.
- Any Food stuffs/Sweet drink items found to be left out in the open in your loft with the potential to attract pests WILL result in an extra Airbnb cleaning fee deductible via the Security deposit. Please kindly store your food in the fridge provided, and tie up your trash so prevent the smell from attracting pests and ants from outside in:).
- Loss of any house key(s) will result in a replacement fee of $15/individual key.
- Be gentle with our lovely furniture and items as if it were your own so others may enjoy our home the same;)
- And lastly, please do not invite extra guests (not included priorly in our confirmed booking arrangement), as this apartment and shophouse is meant first and foremost for the use of our official, staying guests. :) Thank you!
Este anfitrión tiene 521 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
Hi there, I'm Shu! ☺
A self-professed food-lover and design-aholic;) I believe in living well, laughing often and loving much thus my ardent quest for great food and conversation has led me on all sorts of travels around the world. Likewise, an undying thirst for design and all things beautiful always has me trying to bring the world back to our own doorstep in Singapore;)!
As a guest, I appreciate the low-down and tips on unusual experiences and amazing food/drink joints that only locals know about;) I also make it a point to treat the homes I stay in with great care and respect, leaving everything as it was when I arrived - I believe the experience of staying in someone else's home is priceless and ought to be treated in kind☺
As a Host, I take great pride in keeping our Shophouse Enclave a truly unique and lovely experience for all our guests because what I love most about our home are the people we share it with!:)
So if you are a design aficionado/food-lover/culture vulture, or just basically an easy-going person without major hangups looking for a home-away-from-home with great personality, do drop us a request as we would love to have you! If all else fails, just be nice and I'm sure we'll love you anyway;))