The Oaken End Campsite at Silverbell Wood is a private campsite on our property in the Southern Appalachians. Located at the end of the road with stunning views of the Nantahala Mountains & surrounded by sloping oak forests with silver bells, dogwoods and flame azaleas. Site features water, electric, deck w/mountain sunset view, fire pit, outhouse, 4 tent spots, camp shelter w/food prep area & sink, nature trail w/meditation deck & 2 car parking. Raft, hike, zip, bike, swim, learn, relax, enjoy!
Our campsite is great for adult family or friend groups looking for a peaceful car camping getaway.... this is a fairly luxurious private camping site featuring a lounging deck with mountain sunset views, 4 tent spots, a central fire pit, a camp kitchen shelter with prep area and sink, a composting outhouse and trail with meditation deck.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to the private campsite and dedicated parking area. Guests do not have access to the property beyond the campsite and nature trail. No off-trail bushwhacking allowed. Please stay on trails! No tinder, kindling or firewood collection of any kind is allowed on site. Please bring your own fire materials. No plant collection allowed. Please take pictures instead.
Atención a los huéspedes
Most of the time we'll be available should you need anything. If you can't find an answer to your question in the detailed Oaken End Campsite _/\_ Manual, feel free to text or call us! We work away from home and go on trips, but if we'll be away, we'll let you know.
Otros aspectos destacables
There is a neighbor's cabin down the road from the campsite and they have a dog that is only allowed on the gated porch. Please be respectful of the neighbor if you need to walk down the road for any reason. We live in our own cabin down the road as well. If necessary, you can come knock on our door.
- All-Wheel or 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles ONLY. No Camper/Trailers (you won't make it up the road).
- Quiet Hours: 10pm - 7am. We want guests to have fun, but there is a cabin nearby and guests need to respect a 9 hour window of quiet time for sleep and peacefulness.
- Please separate your trash, recycling and compost. If we have to separate it for you, we will charge a $25 fee.
- Place all trash, recycling, and compost in the appropriate labeled bins. If we find ANY trash, recycling, food or mess of any kind left anywhere on site, we will charge a $25 fee. Please pick up after your group and leave no trace.
- No fireworks, sparklers or guns
- No loud music
- Please do not pick plants or take ANYTHING away from our campsite. We will notice, we know our site well. If we discover that anything is missing or damaged, we will charge a fee from your deposit.
- Fire is only allowed in the dedicated fire pit
- No harvesting fire materials, BRING YOUR OWN TINDER, KINDLING & FIREWOOD.
- Do not throw food into the fire! (It will attract critters). Put food scraps in compost or trash.
- Please do not build a fire using liquid fuel or accelerant
- Starter fluid is acceptable for cooking over the fire-pit flip top grill with charcoal. Please bring your own charcoal & starter fluid
- Please extinguish your fire COMPLETELY before you leave.
- Guests are responsible for anything they may need to eat, sleep and live comfortably outdoors.
Hello! We're Nicole and Stephan.
We like to travel, study plants, and enjoy nature. Stephan & friends built our cabin 12 years ago and he and I spend time improving it, starting new build projects and gardening. We own a native plant education & landscaping company and are loving teaching edible, medicinal & useful native plants for various organizations, outfitters and the local community college. In addition, Stephan teaches wilderness medicine and swift water rescue and I teach primitive living skills!
We began hosting guests in our home through AirBnB simply because we like to travel and want to offer folks the opportunity to experience life in our beautiful and wild area (our county is 85% federal land: national forest + national park!) With AirBnB, we have the mutual benefit of traveling ourselves. We currently live in the upper level of the cabin. The lower level is your vacation rental and is completely private.
Our style of hosting is flexible. We're usually around if you want to chat, but we'll let you enjoy the cabin for yourself if you prefer privacy. We may cross paths in the parking/garden area where you'll see us watering plants :)