Our beautiful Yurt is situated in the Vale of Avalon & has a stunning view of Glastonbury Tor from the top of the meadow in which it sits.
Surrounded by young fruit trees, wild flowers & rabbits there are 3 horses in the next field a few meters away.
Our home Greenhill is at The Dove, a long established arts & pottery hub.
Our neighbour is the Avalon Permaculture Centre.
The yurt is well equipped, has a luxurious superking bed, wood burning stove & is in an idyllic rural setting.
This is a great alternative to bed & breakfast & with only a short drive to Glastonbury it's a perfect peaceful rural hideaway.
We offer modcons in the yurt, kitchen & shower.
There is a television to watch DVDs only on but if you want to get totally away from the world of screens we can remove that from the yurt.
It really is a unique & exceptional experience.
It was our bedroom for 4 years. I miss it so much & when you stay here you'll see why !
The superking bed can be separated into 2 large singles.
Unfortunately, the Airbnb settings make no provision for this.
The wooden spacious outdoor shower room & modern well equipped kitchen are works of art in themselves. Enjoy outdoor living in style and comfort ...
Disponible para huéspedes
We have an amazing large wooden outdoor shower. The hot water is heated by our house's solar system . As we are running an Eco retreat, only "Eco" "green" products (which we also supply) must be used in the shower, kitchen & sinks. This is because the grey water feeds our willow tree compost toilet & many herbs in that area.
The shower & toilet will at times be used by us but not always & infrequently.
Our own home is only a minute walk away & I'm available in the afternoons whilst my baby & toddler nap, although I am relentlessly busy. During that time I try to tend to my organic veggie patch close to the yurt & my gardens & other creative projects and rustle dinner up.
Atención a los huéspedes
I will be somewhat available for assistance but I lead a very busy life and look after three children. Having said that if there's something of importance or you need advice or pointers I am always happy to help, with perhaps a small child in tow ;-) !
It helps me considerably if you strip the bed before you leave.
The Airbnb protocol is that you clean up, vacuum and leave everything as you found it before you depart. The cleaning fee is for the laundering of the towels & bedding & a deep clean.
I supply 1 night's worth of firewood and kindling. I can sell you additional bags if you so require although all local garages sell firewood.
Otros aspectos destacables
You WILL need a car to stay here, whether a hire car or your own.
Taxis & walking & cycling are options but need to be carefully considered & discussed.
There's no parking in the field by the yurt as this is a vehicle free zone and as we are returning the land back to nature (i.e. re-wilding) we want the wild flowers which grow there to flourish & not be squashed.
Guests must only walk on the mowed areas & pathways.
We have a car park by our house which is just a short walk from the yurt.
The 'unlimited' home broadband in this very rural area is abysmal. Less than 2mbps. So we have paid for a system that connects to the local EE 4G cell using a data sim in a special router. This is still slowish i.e. 6-10mbps and capped at 64gb pcm and costs us a wapping £60pcm.
We can offer this to guests at £3 per day but must stress it cannot be used for streaming media i.e. no movies no music, no YouTube etc as a month's allowance can be used up in a matter of days. But it's more than adequate for browsing, email, and video over internet calling.
If you really want to stream movies or media in general you can buy 10GB of extra data for £15. That is EE's charge to us. This will allow you to stream the equivalent of a few movies. We have an app that monitors the usage so we can advise you when you have used up the 10gb.
- No shoes in the yurt nor shower room.
- Please keep noise to the minimum; this is a hideaway in nature.
- Please keep to mowed pathways in the meadow. Wild flowers grow here.
- Please be careful with food and drink inside the yurt. We don't want any spillages.
- Waste : Please use the provided bins as labelled. There is a metal recycling bin for glass, cans, paper/cardboard, cartons and rigid plastic. There is a brown plastic kitchen waste bin for all food waste. There is a metal rubbish bin for all non-recyclable waste including plastic wrap.
- Absolutely no smoking inside the yurt !!
- If you do smoke, please put cigarette ends in appropriate bins.
- Do not feed wildlife or the horses (they're not ours)
- Keep the shower room free from hair and other things that shouldn't be there.
- This is an Eco retreat which only uses certified Eco products. All grey water waste goes straight into the ground and feeds our trees and plants.
- Please have respect for our neighbours, the wildlife and the nature.
- We have young fruit trees in the meadow, please don't pick any fruit, as they are still young and this is our harvest, until the trees mature and we can share.
Mia : Eco-conscious Environmentalist Green Artisan Mother
Parent to three amazing children who live with us in Somerset
Avid gardener, craft-maker, book reader-listener / collector, organic food eater & advocate
Renewable / sustainable energy generator, user & proponent
Green fingered nature lovers, creative, artistic . . .