You’ll love my place because of The tranquility and country style living and just a stone's throw away from Durban city. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families (with kids).
Matusadona Guest Lodge, named after The Matusadona region in Zimbabwe, the owner’s most favourite escape, is a stone’s throw away from Durban city and is tucked away in the sweeping hills and green valleys of Assagay, which is part of the renowned Valley of a Thousand Hills, with its breath-taking and spectacular views.
“Assagay”, a word used for a throwing spear historically used by the Xhosa of the Transkei, is taken from the underlying farm named Assagay Kraal, the Voortrekkers having named the early farms in the Natalia Republic after settling throughout the area in 1839.
Matusadona Guest Lodge has three beautiful lodge-style rooms. Waking to the quacking and honking of the resident Egyptian geese or hearing the distinct cry of the African fish eagle, evocative of the spirit or essence of Africa whilst sipping cocktails at the Wa Wa Woo Wa Sunset Bar or having a traditional meal cooked around the Hungwe fire lapa in the early evening gives you the distinct feel of country living.
We would like to welcome each and every guest for an unforgettable getaway.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests are welcome to access the swimming pool and lounge area as well as 8 acres of garden for morning and evening walks to unwind.
Atención a los huéspedes
There will always be someone on hand to assist with any enquiries.
- Arrival and departure: guests are welcome to check in to their accommondation between 14:00 and 23:00 on the day of arrival. Earlier time: by arrangment
- Guest are required to check out by no later than 12:00 am on the day of departure. Later checkout may be available dependant on room availabilty.
- Security: The security of guests' property is high priority. All valuables such as travel documents, credit cards and personal property are the full responsibility of individual lodgers. There is a safety box supplied in your room for this purpose, please use it. Guests must ensure that their bedroom terrace doors are locked internally before leaving the room at any time.
- Smoking is not permitted in the bedroom or any place inside the house, it's only permitted to smoke in outside areas. An additional charge of R500 will be charged to cover the additional cleaning of furnishings, bedcovers, cushion etc.
- Massage is not permitted in the bedrooms. Where massage oil has been detected within the bedroom, an additional charge of R250 will be charged to cover the additional cleaning of bedcovers, pillows, cushion etc.
- Key deposit
- For a full refund on accomodation fees, cancellation must be made 24 hours prior to the 1400 checkin time. Less than 24 hours the first night is not refundable. If a guest leaves early, the accommodation fees for the night not spent 24 hours after registered cancellation are fully refunded.
- Children swimming must be accompanied by an adult.
- Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
- If there are any complaints they must be lodged with Airbnb within 24 hours of checkin, however, we would appreciate our guests advise management so we may try and resolve any issues.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.