Privacy of a hotel, comfort of a B&B.
One of the best locations in town, gorgeous views, privacy, & restful peace just beyond the edge of the Downtown bustle. Free parking & no stairs!
This wonderful, secure room is in a 900-square-foot unit dedicated to guests. Attached to the quiet owner's very private home it is completely separate & self contained. Share social areas, kitchen, & bathroom with only 1 or 2 other people when the other room is full. To book both rooms see "Best of All Worlds".
Comfort, privacy, seclusion, and personal touches throughout make this a welcoming place to rest your head. It will feel like your home away from home with everything you need to charge forward in business or recharge on vacation.
Though this listing is for one private bedroom, it is contained within a 900-square-foot unit dedicated to guests so there are no worries about the owner's personal belongings or pets crowding your space. The guest apartment is completely walled off from the owner's unit so you can relax and be yourself. You will also have a dedicated parking space. Even better, you will only be sharing the kitchen and bathroom with only 1 or 2 peoples when the unit's other room is booked. Want even more privacy and a little more room? You can book the entire unit with 2 private bedrooms, when available (see our listing for "The Best of All Worlds").
The cozy and tidy non-smoking accommodations offer gorgeous views, comfortable social and dining areas, high-speed Internet access, a fully-equipped kitchen, and free laundry machines (detergent not included). Guests of this new bed and breakfast will enjoy complimentary self-serve breakfast and snack items. With prior arrangements I may also be able to provide temporary freezer space for your fish or game.
Your room offers a filtered view of Gastineau Channel and the surrounding mountain range. You will find a comfortable bed and bedding fully encased for prevention of spills, dust mites, and other nasties. Enjoy luxury, high-thread-count, sateen linens; an assortment of encased pillows of varying density and design; ultra-soft extra blankets; and an encased down comforter in duvet cover. (If down is not to your liking, please let me know in advance and I may be able to switch it out for a synthetic fiber fill comforter.) You will also have plush robes available for your use during your stay. You room also has a remote-controlled electronic fireplace; television with Roku access to movies, network programming, and news, including voice-activated, headphone-capable remote for silent viewing; desk with lighted vanity mirror, work light, and surge-protected power strip; closet and drawers; luggage rack; shoe rack; and more.
The bathroom also has an electronic fireplace with remote to make sure you are toasty warm after using the combination shower tub. There are two sinks at the double vanity; free laundry machines; and a commode with a night-time lighted bowl to guide you when nature calls you from your deep slumber.
The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator with freezer where you will find chilled, filtered water and a small variety of goodies. There is a toaster, coffee maker, automatic hot water boiler, microwave, and even an oven/range for those that enjoy the adventure of preparing their own meals on site. Afterward the dual sink and dishwasher make clean up of the provided dishes, pots, pans, and utensils a snap.
Disponible para huéspedes
This is a self-contained, fully-equipped, two-bedroom unit. When you reserve just one bedroom you will have private access to only one bedroom and you will share the kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and living room spaces with another occupant (when booked).
Self-serve check-in is available with keycode access to the front door and your private bedroom(s). Self-serve check-out is also available through the same means. The keycode deadbolt lock on the front door locks automatically seconds after the door is fully closed and each bedroom has both a keycode handset lock and a security hasp. The keycode locks can be opened by either a key or a code depending on your preference.
Note: when you reserve the entire unit you have access to everything therein including two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, laundry, and living room.
Atención a los huéspedes
As the owner, I live onsite in a completely separate unit. The guest unit is dedicated to you so you will not have to deal with any personal belongings or pets in your space. I am quiet and generally keep to myself but strive to strike a happy balance between independence and friendliness. As much as possible I let the guest set the tone for the amount of desired interaction. I will be available by text, email, or phone to assist or check on things as needed. When the rooms are rented to separate tenants I tend to be present more often to remove trash and check in, depending on the length of stays booked.
Otros aspectos destacables
We live on the edge of a National Forest where wildlife are prominent and active. Windows and doors must be kept closed and locked when unattended and when guests are sleeping. Please be aware of the potential presence of wildlife and take care not to disturb or harm them. Deer, bears, and birds are common! It is unlawful to feed them and attracts them, causing dangerous problems for both people and animals. Ensure that you are bear aware and do not leave food or trash unattended. Even leaving food in your vehicle can attract bears and they can be so determined as to break in and cause severe damage.
Weather changes occur frequently and quickly in Alaska. We are a maritime rain forest but we do get snow and ice throughout the winter. When it is snowing, please let me know when you may need to come and go and I will ensure that the walk and drive are clear. You may be asked to move your vehicle temporarily to allow snow plow/blower access.
The outdoor areas beyond the immediate parking and covered entrance area are strictly off limits. While there are animals present on the property, they are contained in private areas and will not interact with you or enter your unit. Please do not wander around the property or enter any private doorways, gates, or buildings. This is both for your safety and the safety of the animals that share our home.
Please note, City and Borough of Juneau code requires the collection of 5% sales tax and 7% bed tax (total 12%) from all bnb and hotel guests staying in a facility for 29 consecutive days or less. airbnb does not collect this tax and code also prohibits innkeepers from absorbing the cost for their guests and paying it out of the net receipts from airbnb. This tax will be collected separately through a special offer or resolution request.
• Direct contact information for the actual guests is required.
• Discuss in advance children and intent to use floor mats. The unit is not baby proofed.
• The unit is not suitable for guests traveling with animals.
• Disclose in advance any specific, reasonable accommodations needed. This is absolutely required if anything in my rules appears to contradict your needs.
• No illegal activities or substances.
• Respect the property, owner, and other occupants. Refrain from:
• damaging the property;
• smoking or vaping inside or within 50 feet of any buildings or trees; and
• bringing animals, unauthorized children, or unauthorized guests not included in the paid reservation without prior approval.
• Keep sound levels and conversation low, use earbuds for personal devices, and refrain from using dishwasher and laundry machines 10PM-7AM. Limit shower/tub use during these hours whenever possible.
• Use provided cleaning supplies to keep unit tidy; flush toilet and spray shower/tub after use; cover and refrigerate food and open drinks; immediately wash dishes, etc. (use dishwasher); call for immediate trash removal when the bins are full; and keep all personal belongings inside the unit or inside your locked vehicle as appropriate.
• Turn off appliances and gas to seasonal grill when not in use. Clean grates and remove all food from grill. Do not move grill.
• Secure the unit. Close all windows and lock the front door when sleeping or away. Please turn off the power strip for the kitchen machines when you leave the unit.
• The dehumidifier is set to run automatically at a specific humidity range. If it is bothersome to you, you may turn it off while you are in the unit. Please turn it back on before you leave so that it can balance the unit's humidity while you are away. If it beeps or malfunctions, please notify me and I will come by and perform the needed maintenance.
• Do not wander beyond the guest unit, covered entry, immediate parking area, and swingset area (open seasonally with adult supervision). Security cameras are in use outside. Trespass cannot be tolerated. A map of the guest areas is printed in the book in your room.
• Leave the unit as you found it and check out before 11AM (strictly enforced).
Generally I try to limit entry to the unit while guests are present. Though daily housekeeping is not included I do enter the unit to tidy up, check supplies, remove trash, make repairs, and check on your stay. I provide a Do Not Disturb sign for your use on your room and I generally do not bother you when this sign is displayed while you are present.
See also standard rental agreement and indemnification, which will be emailed to you upon confirmation of booking. Rules are subject to updates and changes. Rule violations may result in additional charges and cancellation of the reservation. Change fees may apply.
• Note that taxes are not included in airbnb's quote. As disclosed in the listing taxes will be billed separately through a special offer or resolution request upon confirmation of your booking.
I understand accidents happen. If something breaks, please notify me immediately so that I can address any safety concerns and arrange for replacement or repair as appropriate. Damaged or missing items will be addressed through airbnb's resolution center in the hopes that we will not have to resort to claims on security deposits.
For groups planning to utilize the living room floor mats please note that while they are pretty comfortable these are firm, folding Novaform Innocor Versamats and not real beds. They are each twin size (35" x 75") and there are two seams on each that you may feel when laying on them. Together they make a California King when used with a mattress pad (available upon request) that also helps to minimize the feel of the folds and seams in mats. Blankets, sheets, and pillows are provided. Of course the living room provides less privacy and fewer creature comforts than the private bedrooms and the more guests occupying the unit simultaneously the less roomy the unit will feel. Also note that although the hot water tank has a generous supply it is possible that groups taking long showers or baths could temporarily exhaust the hot water supply. Please conserve and coordinate accordingly. Water for showers and baths can be heard throughout the property so I ask that you try to limit usage during quiet hours.
You are welcome to use the propane grill if you are safe, responsible, and clean. Be bear aware and be sure to clean up and shut off the gas when you have finished. Do not leave food on or around the grill as that will attract bears. This is prevented by preheating the grill then lubricating the grilling surface several times before grilling by using tongs to swipe a folded paper towel soaked in vegetable oil across all grates. A cleaning brush is also provided.
Due to the demands of the necessary preparation time and liability I am unable to accommodate early check in, late check out, or baggage storage outside your reservation. Please plan ahead to make other arrangements. Baggage storage is available for a fee at Alaska Seaplanes in the Juneau Airport or possibly seasonally at the Mt. Roberts Tramway downtown.
There are additional rules for guests renting only one of the two rooms. Please be considerate of other guests by:
• limiting bathroom time;
• refraining from sleeping in common areas;
• keeping your personal belongings only in your room (not in the shared areas);
• cleaning common areas after each including washing out the shower/tub and removing hair from the drain catch after use; and
• refraining from removing shared courtesy items from the shared areas or hoarding dishes, utensils, linens, or other items in your room.
Cancela hasta 5 días antes de tu viaje y recibe un reembolso completo. Cancela en los 5 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la primera noche, pero sí el 50 % del costo del resto de las noches.
I am a full-time-employed professional, a classical musician, an urban farmer, and now an airbnb host! I love learning, trying new things, and seeing new sights.
As a traveler I generally visit friends and family on the west coast and make a trek cross country for Board meetings a few times each year. I generally keep to myself but strive to strike a happy balance between independence and friendliness. As a host, I have a dedicated guest space that is an apartment attached to my home here in Juneau, Alaska. It is a full-time, year-'round venture and I am really enjoying finally making it happen. I strive to make my guests comfortable and happy with their visit. A clear communicator with lots of successful home-share experience, you'll find me respectful, responsible, clean, polite, and friendly and I'm looking for the same in compatible hosts and guests.