Gather your family and friends in this large and spacious hand-crafted log home. Nestled among tall pines on 7-acres, this is the perfect place for a Lakes Country getaway! Just 40 miles north of Brainerd, Minnesota. Great fishing, swimming, and adventure awaits.
Spectacular family-sized cabin in beautiful wooded seclusion on a quiet, clear Minnesota lake. Excellent fishing (Walleye, panfish, and northern). 30 year-old, hand-scribed log home with giant timbers aloft. Sandy lake great for fishing or hang out on the dock and soak in the sun. If you feel adventuresome, take one of the kayaks or the canoe out for a paddle. Two large wood fireplaces, soft, comfortable bedding, and a gorgeous, fully equipped kitchen make this the ultimate relaxing retreat space.
Prefer 3 night minimum during fall and 2 night minimum from November to May, 6 nights minimum is mandatory for summer.
The main level features a massive stone fireplace, newly remodeled & fully-equipped kitchen with island workspace, comfortable seating, and 12-foot long dining room table that seats 10. The adjacent reading nook serves as the perfect spot for quiet conversation or loud snoozing. (A full-sized, pullout sofa bed is there with a new memory foam topper in case you decide to stay.) A large family-sized deck looks out across wooded acres and beautiful Bowen Lake. The spacious, lake-facing master bedroom has queen-sized log bed with a memory foam topper and private deck access.
A delightful loft sleeping area is reached only by climbing the one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted spiral wood staircase. Watch your paws as you climb into the ideal sleeping space for kids- or just "kids at heart." Beware! Bears abound! How many can you count? Be sure to try out each of the four twin-sized, log-post beds before choosing. At least one golden-haired visitor recently reported our loft beds to be "too soft, too lumpy, too hard..." and one that was finally "just right."
The walkout lower level features a 2nd master bedroom with queen-sized log bed (memory foam topper), stone fireplace, large screen television with DVD and 100+ movies to choose from, (Netflix and Amazon Prime also available), dry sauna, dart board, and pool table. A cabinet filled with games and puzzles are an added bonus for your stay. Laundry room with full sized washer and dryer are also there for your personal use.
This lovely home sleeps 12 easily. (2 queen-sized beds, 4 twin-sided log beds, one full-sized pullout sofa, and two couches. We even have inflatable air mattresses for extra guests.
Disponible para huéspedes
Fully stocked kitchen
Roku with Netflix and Amazon
Two kayaks and one canoe
Future - modest pontoon boat
Dock and sunning deck
Paul Bunyan Biking Trail
Movie theatre - 20 minutes away
Northern Lights Casino - 20 minutes away
Moon Dance Jam and Country - 30 minutes away
Great grocery store 2 miles away
Otros aspectos destacables
We would like our guests to sign a liability form. Basically it says if you or your guests do something to cause themself harm we are not responsible. For example, if someone gets drunk and falls into the fire, we are not responsible for that.
We pray for you while you are here but we still want the form approved.
- This is our family's very own four-season retreat and we are pleased to be able to share it with you. We are certain that you will love it as much as we do and that you will want to treat our home with respect and care.
- Our greatest request is that you do not smoke.
- We will allow dogs with a couple rules. 1. Do not allow dogs on the furniture at any time. 2. Dogs must be kenneled at night. 3. Clean up the main yard from any waste.
- Please leave the cabin looking as nice and clean as you found it and be willing to follow a checklist when closing up.
- Must be willing to sign a liability waiver. It basically says that if you do something to cause yourself harm, we are not liable.
- 12 Beach Towels are in the cabinet in the front entry way.
- Extra bath towels are in the old cabinet in the master bedroom.
- Extra sheets are in that same old cabinet.
- Extra blankets are in the big cabinet in the master bedroom
- A very nice memory foam topper for the awful hideabed (which makes the hideabed pretty amazing) is stored in the closet in the lower level bedroom closet.
- If you plan to take food home with you, please plan ahead and bring your own containers to bring them home in.
- Please bring in the cushions from the patio furniture each night or if it rains.
- If you have any specific questions regarding these rules or anything else, please contact us before booking.
IDIOT RULES - These are things we didn't think we had to explain, but have found over time that we actually have to say this.
DO NOT chop our trees anywhere but especially the fire pit area. Don't harm our trees in anyway. Don't harm the antique wagon either. If there is a log by the benches that is useful for a table, don't burn it. If there is a tree trunk that is standing and we haven't chopped it down, please don't chop it down. Let's just say don't chop anything down.
We are available 24/7 through messaging or phone
We have recently celebrated our 30 year anniversary. We raised our two girls in St. Paul. One of our daughters introduced us to Airbnb. Now we live in the country and love the wide open spaces.
David is a retired school teacher and Valerie is still working full time as a Training Manager.
We enjoy spending time with family and friends up North. We also enjoy creating spaces that make it possible for others to enjoy the same. It is our passion that you would relax and get away from the stresses of life and just be with each other. We want our place to be a blessing to you.