Enjoy an affordable simple homely minimalist living in a duplex apartment tucked just 5km from CBD. Escape a little from the busy tourist district and discover the true unglamarous local lifestyle. Flexible hassle-free self check-in stay. Great for fit solo casual on a budget travelers with guts.
Please read the full listing detail first. Thank you.
Our space is a corner unit at the top floor i.e. the 3rd floor of an aged walk-up duplex apartment, which has been tastefully renovated with a contemporary minimalist style.
Although it has no lift/elevator access, but it's only 49 steps up. Ya. Nothing fancy really but its very much a realistic local scene. This is not a hotel/guesthouse but it's a place we call home.
We have 2 guest rooms, this is one of it.
We will also stay at the premise to support guests regarding the stay only. We do not intrude our guests' privacy at all. When we're at home, we're most likely be inside our room resting or at the living room watching movie/surfing/doing nothing. Ya.
Rooms are at the upper floor ensures guests' to feel comfortable. Walking in and out to the adjacent shared bathroom will also be in private mode.
☆ QUIET HOUR POLICY ☆
Please do bear in mind that there might be other guest(s) too, so please respect and observe our in-house quiet hour policy which we will strictly enforce at 11:30pm - 7:30am so that others can enjoy a restful good night sleep, by lowering noise, no loud talk and laugh in room / hallway / staircase / living room (go to common front balcony with door shut if you wish to), keep TV volume to the minimum, use earphone on your audio device, never slam room door (twist the door knob to close door instead). **Note: Any potential noise coming from the neighbor or outside, will be beyond our control**
View is somewhat spellbinding too at night. Get a view of KL Tower and one of the Petronas Tower from the common front balcony where guests can enjoy a drink with accompanied with the breezy air.
The place is really for those looking for a homely stay, away from the crowd but which is still within the city reach. It's ideal for those who just wishes a place to rest / calm down / crash for the night / privacy and less ideal for 1 night stayers or for those looking for social hang-outs or a luxurious stay. Ya.
Disponible para huéspedes
There are 2 shared bathroom one at each floor. The top floor bathroom is especially for guests. Host prefers the lower floor bathroom. Since we do not accept a lot of guest, you might in fact have the bathroom to yourself.
- Body soap/hand wash soap/shampoo/toilet tissue roll and fresh clean towel provided. Bathrobe is available for guests with a minimum stay of 3 nights. Please do not change the water heater setting.
- F&B inside the refrigerator is off-limit, of course.
- Drinking water is available free from the glass bottle at the kitchen on the counter-top or inside the fridge - whichever temperature you like. For hot water, boil filtered water into the kettle.
- Guests are allowed to stock their own f&b / grocery inside the fridge.
- Cooking is not allowed (for safety reason, except guests with a min. stay of 4 nights), but may use any kitchen appliances / utensils at the kitchen. Please use responsibly, clean up yourself and always make sure the table top is wiped dry.
- For entertainment, a flat screen 49" TV is available only at the living room. As we hardly have time to watch TV or utilise home wifi, we do not have cable channels and had only opted for a Mifi instead. Ya. Therefore, we have ready downloaded movies for your selection or you may just plug in to watch your own favourite movies.
- Books are also available for guests' reading pleasure.
- We appreciate guests to not turn on the A/C at the living room but instead use the beautiful fan (hehe) for breeze, unless the host turns the A/C on. This is to help conserve energy.
Important Note: Please do not scratch any furniture / appliances - sofa/desk/fridge/kettle/toaster/microwave/TV. Please refer to 'House Manual' for instruction on how to operate some of the appliances. Thank you.
Atención a los huéspedes
*When you're staying here, we will take it as you want privacy.* We like to leave our guests to themselves. Once guest checks-in, other than welcoming / briefing about the stay (if needed/if we're around to), we will then leave guest alone to their privacy. We really don't mind guests doing their own thing but do have common sense, observe the listing description and house rule. If we notice that the guest NEVER read our listing description/house rule at all, do expect us to tell you upfront. Just let us know what's your concern/complains either in person / phone, we will make ourselves available to attend to you asap. It is normal to not meet us in person due to timing - we might be working, resting, shopping, sleeping or living our lives too. :)
Otros aspectos destacables
- We maybe / may not be available in person for guest's check-in at certain time, but guests are given the convenience of self check-in anytime after 2pm, which is hassle free and an immediate sense of belonging. But please do advice us on your expected time of arrival or at least your flight/bus ETA during booking confirmation.
- Important: Please refer photo of the lockbox so you come prepared and read the self check-in lockbox instruction carefully as we may not be available on spot to guide you or we'll just hide the key somewhere. lol
- A portable wifi/mifi is available especially for guests' convenience and to enjoy free 4G-LTE usage with consistent internet speed of at least 10mbps, 80% of the time. Well, that's what the network provider say (:D) and any slow connection (which could happen on any wifi network sometimes) would be really beyond our control. The maximum free data allowance is 500mb per day. It's good enough for smooth important data-only surfing (voip restricted). For such rate, it's better than nothing.
Tips: You may want to disable all auto-updates on your device/s before connecting or avoid/minimize downloading/streaming huge files/movies.
- Read full listing description
- Be mindful to others
- Observe quiet hour
- Turn off water heater/AC/lights/plug when not in use
- Strictly no outside guest allowed
- Clean up yourself
- Respect check-out time
We are ordinary working married couple. She's had her share as a female solo traveling on a shoestring, while he's had his share of travel ventures in the expat side. We have stayed from couches, bunk dorm beds to the most luxurious hotel - so any stay is not surprising, but we are very particular about the bathroom cleanliness. And to discover a place better, is to get lost. We are understanding by nature, frank and realistic. We speak fluent English, Malay and Vietnamese. We do travel now and then. So we basically understand what guests need & what being a guest is. We live comfortably and that's why we want to share our extra spaces by giving others spaces. We are not desperately profit oriented and "Life is short, so why not?"