This is our newest farmstay listing. To see reviews of our other offerings here on our 20 acre working organic farm, you can scroll below to "reviews." Central to Wine Country, the original guest house here at Morning Song offers an expansive view of the environmentally protected valley below. Known for the coastal mists that come in from the beaches 12 miles away, guests can often look down on wispy clouds as they pass through the valley from their perch in this big windowed, cliff side home.
Aside from all that our farm has to offer, unwind in your exclusive use hot tub or whip up something tasty in your efficient kitchen. This small, private cabin offers privacy amid the trees, with a view that gives a sense of being completely alone. Outside dining area with hot tub in the very private patio garden attached to the home offers generous space for parties of two or three guests (one guest sleeping on FULL pull-out couch, linens provided.) Yes, we could offer this listing to 2 adults with 2 small children, but instead we list it as best for three people because of its size, and because the bathroom is ensuite to the bedroom. Knowing that, if you are a party of 4 and still want to choose this listing, we welcome you! Compact kitchen, living room with flat screen and a collection of DVD's. Queen bed in bedroom, bathroom is ensuite, which means if someone is sleeping in the living room, they'll have to enter the bedroom to access the bathroom. Excellent wifi for your netflix and more; no outside cable service.
We provide breakfast items in your kitchen, along with snacks and a local wine. We're walking distance to Roadrunner Winery, and right in the middle of wine country in general; one exit south of Temecula's Wine Country, and adjacent to the wine growing community of Fallbrook. If you'd like a wine tour, our comprehensive Activity Guide lists wineries and tour operators (including one that will pick you up here in a pink Cadillac limo) and is sent to your email upon making a reservation so you can plan ahead.
Meet our friendly alpacas, Silverado and Dusty, feed our gentle, miniature dairy goats, and enjoy our just collected chicken eggs.
Take a cheese making/butter churning class, enjoy a home made ice cream class, just walk the roads of our 20 acre property, or unwind and enjoy the solitude and quiet.
Disponible para huéspedes
Great parking, just drive right to the spot under the trees adjacent to your cabin. Walk the farm during day light hours, and be sure to stop at the alpacas corral as you drive in, because they love it when our guests stop to offer them treats (provided) and will come right up to their fence line in hopes you'll have a few minutes. The Oaks Restaurant is a couple miles away and is a homey cafe type destination for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They also have a produce stand/market and frequent market events, as well as a vintage candy store on the site. For something a little pricier and definitely on the romantic side: down the road a bit further is Temecula Creek Inn's Cork Fire Kitchen. We've gathered a few menus from cool local restaurants and the local winery down the road a piece, they're in the cabin. Most of the year there's Kenny's you-pick strawberry farm right down the road as well. You'll see small signs on Old 395 as you drive in from either direction. Absolutely awesome strawberries, pick them yourself, or buy them already harvested. We send an exhaustive Activity Guide, Winery Listing, Food Map and Restaurant Guide in PDF format to all confirmed reservations, via email.
Atención a los huéspedes
Just ask if you have questions about what to see or where to go, there's so much to do in San Diego and nearby Temecula/ Wine Country and the adjacent Fallbrook art community! We offer discounted private party cheese making classes to our farmstay guests, maximum: 5 farmstay adults, as well as a homemade, hand churned ice cream experience using a beautiful Amish-made ice cream hand crank machine as an add-on for those that would like to enjoy either.
Otros aspectos destacables
It is our policy to welcome guests of all ages, but please be aware that this property is a cliff side home without fencing or railings, with a water feature (which is large enough for a small child to climb into). Additionally there is quite a few stone steps to reach the front door... and so is not best suited for infants and small children. We offer our two bedroom "Farmstay Bungalow with Hottub" for families. We've listed our Romantic Mountain House with Hottub as having a maximum occupancy of 4. Be aware that there is only one bedroom with one queen bed, and the bathroom is accessed through that bedroom. The sofa bed in the living room is a FULL, so if two people are going to sleep on it together, they should be made aware of the size before deciding to reserve. We do provide all bed linens of course. Maximum occupancy is 4, please count all members of your party: young, old, and those that are employed by you. If you have more guests in your party, please reserve two or more houses at once for your stay. We can accommodate up to 12 guests at once if all three houses are reserved.
We list the combo of all three listings under Farmstay Retreat, in a separate listing for simplicity's sake. It's our intention that our guests are always delighted with the accommodations we offer and never feel overcrowded.
Unlike other vacation platforms, the security deposit that we've noted in our listing is not charged to your account unless damage has actually incurred.
1. Guests of all ages are welcome in this listing, but please note the photos of the stone steps. We have other listings on the farm that do not require climbing stairs to reach the front door.
2. By confirming a reservation you are acknowledging that you have read our cancellation policy and agree to our House Rules below.
3. Sorry, but no guest animals, we have enough of our own here, and it's a carefully crafted balance!
4. Please drive carefully once on-farm.
5. If you'd like to interact with the chickens or goats, let us introduce you and show you how to keep barn doors secure. Please don't enter the barn without a crew member to assure we have no escapees. Bring granola bars, says Carl the Herd Leader. :)
6. Do not arrive with or invite unregistered guests to our farm to visit or stay. Our liability policy extends to registered guests only from check-in to check-out only.
7. We are farmers and keep farmers' hours. If this is your first visit to Morning Song Farm, please plan to check-in no later than 8:00 p.m., or let's make sure ahead of time that you're confident with directions and finding your door once on the farm if you plan on arriving after 8:00, and therefore without a hosted greeting. If you are a returning guest and would like a late-night check-in, we’ll leave the light on…please let us know and we'll arrange for a no-fuss self check-in. After check-in, we assume our guests will come and go as they please. There is no problem at all with coming in late during your stay, as the farmstay unit is totally separate from everyone else's here.
8. No indoors smoking or vaping/ huka so that we can offer a smoke-free environment to our many non-smoking and allergy-sensitive guests. As much as it would be a convenience to walk around the farm lit; it's a fire hazard. Please smoke in designated area only. We have provided a large, sand-filled bucket for butts in the sitting area by your hot tub.
9. California is a Medical Marijuana State. Please use the privilege afforded by the State of California’s voters responsibly on our farm and abide by all State laws. Local dispensaries deliver ONLY to those with prescriptions. Traditional pharmacies and a trusted local dispensary are listed in our guidebook.
10. To keep our Farmstay affordable, we have a small cleaning fee, please leave your kitchen tidy when you check out. We do not expect vacationing guests to do normal housekeeping duties, but we do expect the kitchen to be left as you find it.
11. You can't use our farm address to mail or ship items to yourself or in care of Morning Song Farm. The post office doesn't deliver to us here, and UPS/FED EX doesn't do door delivery either; so they will return to sender.
12. No hair or clothing dying on farm premises. You agree to pay the costs to restore damaged tile, grout and stone if you use hair or fabric dye and we have to have restoration work done to fix it, as well as the cost to replace linens that are ruined. Dye dyes! It does not come out with scrubbing or laundering. Please don't do it. There are numerous hair salons and laundromats in the vicinity.
13. We are generous in the amount of our fruit and veggies that we stock in your kitchen for your arrival. Do not pick/steal additional fruit from our groves, as we are a working farm, our fruit is our primary income source and we do not have u-pick insurance. We provide an order form to each guest of everything that is available that day, including our beautiful raw, unfiltered honey, rainbow eggs and organic fruit in season. Please text us what, if anything, you’d like by midnight on the eve before your check out so that our crew has time to harvest and assemble your order before your departure in the morning. Thanks!
Wow...this is as tough as a job interview. Who am I? I really enjoy meeting different people, and count myself lucky to get to share this little slice of farming paradise with lots of well traveled guests. A confirmed Foodie, my original interest in growing things was for my own table. So a lot of what we grow here at Morning Song Farm is rare and unusual; dragon fruit, mulberries, macadamias, guavas, loquats, sapote, Carissa plum and kumquats. My shelves are proof of my eclectic tastes, including organic gardening books, mediation, political history, economics and numerous cheese making books which has become a focus for about a decade now. I teach it here for those that would like to discover how easy it is to make your own cheese! Just ask.
Aesthetics are important to me, I've worked hard to transform our farm into something beautiful...although it's an ongoing fight against the dark forces of weeds and derelict farm equipment. Friends say staying here is very relaxing, the skies are often filled with stars you can't see in the city, and although city-close, it feels like we're far, far away. I need that solitude, as many of our visitors will attest to, it's restorative.