Nothing says “dream vacation” like a beachfront home!
- - Security/Damage Deposit At Check-In. Guest will sign a $500 credit card authorization form at check-in to be used as a damage deposit. Guest understands that his or her signature on the credit card authorization form will serve as authorization to charge the Guest’s credit card for additional costs incurred to repair, replace, or deep clean items missing or damaged during Guest’s stay. If damages exceed the damage deposit amount, Guest shall pay for the additional damages using the same credit card. Any identified damages or missing items will be communicated to Guest prior to the charge. Guest agrees to the following replacement costs for specific items: lost keys, alarm fobs, or remote controls $100; beach/pool towels $30; and bath towels $25. Where no missing items or damage has been incurred, the credit card authorization form will be destroyed and/or returned to Guest.
- - Payments and Cancellations. A payment equal to 50% of the total rent amount is required to secure the reservation. The balance of the total rental amount is due thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date. In the event that Guest needs to cancel the rental less than 60 days prior to the arrival date, KRAIN is happy to offer a credit to stay at the same property within one year of cancellation. If Guest cancels more than 60 days prior to the arrival date and KRAIN is able to re-book the Property at the same price, KRAIN will refund the Guest the deposit minus a $100 processing fee. No refunds or credits will be given for rentals over the following holidays: Christmas week, New Year’s week, or Easter week. KRAIN recommends purchasing inexpensive travel insurance in case of last-minute cancellations.
- - Smoking & Pets. Smoking is NEVER allowed inside the Property. Smoking is allowed outside the home only if authorized by KRAIN in writing. Pets are not permitted unless authorized by KRAIN in writing and pursuant to an additional security deposit.
- - Check-Ins. Check-in time is at 3:00 PM. If the Guest arrives earlier and the Property has been cleaned and inspected, KRAIN will release it immediately. If the Guest arrives early and the Property is still in the process of being cleaned, KRAIN will allow the Guest limited access to put belongings in the Property or groceries in the refrigerator. If the Guest is arriving on a Sunday, or after 5:00 PM on any other day, the Guest must contact KRAIN in advance to make arrangements to pick up keys. Check-ins after 5:00 PM will be subject to a $50 fee. Check-ins after 9:00 PM will be subject to a $75 fee.
- - Check-Outs. Check-out time is 10:00 AM. Due to the challenge of cleaning and preparing homes between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM for the next guests, 10:00 AM is a firm check-out time. A $50/hour fee may be charged for each hour past the required check out time unless previously arranged with KRAIN. If the Guest expects to check-out before KRAIN’s office opens in the morning, Guest will drop of all keys and alarm fobs at KRAIN’s office in the outside drop-box. Unreturned keys or alarm fobs are subject to a $100 fee. - Housekeeping. If the Guest stays for seven days or more, housekeeping will be provided once per week for a maximum of 4 hours. If the Guest stays for multiple weeks at a time, cleaning service will be provided once per week (for a maximum of 4 hours) during the Guest’s stay on the weeks that the Guest is not checking in or checking out.
- - No Rebates or Refunds for Malfunctions. KRAIN will make every effort to ensure the Property is maintained to the highest standards, and every effort will be made to conduct repairs as quickly as possible. Still, malfunctions can happen, and there are no rebates or refunds issued for any malfunctions or service requests for air conditioners, televisions, hot tubs, pools, appliances, elevators, etc. In addition, no refunds will be given due to area power blackouts, water shortages, flooding, or construction at nearby properties.
- - Sleeping Capacity and Disturbances. Guests and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: (1) occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity stated on the reservation confirmation; (2) using the premises for any illegal activity; (3) causing damage to the Property or to any of the neighboring properties; (4) smoking or unauthorized pets inside the Property; (5) removal of furniture from inside the Property or use of furniture for any purpose other than its intended use inside the Property or (6) any other act with substantially interferes with neighbors’ use and right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
- - Owner and KRAIN Not Responsible. The Owner of the Property and KRAIN are NOT responsible or liable for lost, stolen, or damaged items on or outside the Property. A safe will be provided within the Property, and KRAIN recommends that the Guest and occupants put all valuables in the safe. The Owner and KRAIN are not liable for any inconvenience or damages arising from (1) any temporary defects or stoppage in the supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing or (2) weather conditions, natural disasters, or acts of God.
- - Terraces, Pool, Beach & Patios. Guest hereby acknowledges that he/she is fully aware that the terrace, beach, pool, and surrounding patio can be dangerous, that the floors and stairs inside and outside of the Property can be slippery when wet, and that injury on the Property may occur. With full knowledge of these facts, the Guest accepts and assumes ALL risks involved in or related to the use of the terrace, beach, pool, patio, stairways, and all outdoor and indoor areas.
- - No Liability. The Guest, on behalf of himself/herself, and on behalf of his or her heirs, assignors, or executors, fully releases and discharges the Owner and KRAIN from any and all claims, demands, liability, or causes of action related to any injury whatsoever to persons or to property as a result of, relating to, or in connection with the occupancy of the Property. Guest hereby agrees to hold the Owner and KRAIN harmless against any claim or suit arising therefrom. In the event that an action, demand, or claim is brought against the Owner or KRAIN, and a court of competent jurisdiction rules in favor of the Owner and/or KRAIN, Guest shall pay Owner and KRAIN for all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs spent associated with the action or claim.
KRAIN Costa Rica provides Real Estate & Property Management Services in Costa Rica. Krain is known for their Luxury Sales & Marketing.