1870’s Victorian House. If you're looking for unique, authentic, sturdy, spacious--you've found your location!
Quiet residential neighborhood, centrally located mere blocks to KU and historic downtown. Near parks and bus stops.
This booking includes use of 2 bedrooms, common room, solarium, private bathroom with soaking tub, and rooftop deck overlooking a wonderful back yard with lush, green, relaxing spaces.
Great for a private getaway, a relaxing space for sightseeing, or a work week.
King bedroom has windows on 3 sides. Room has a nice-sized closet, vanity, TV, bed-side table with lamp, king-sized sleigh bed with new mattress set, and the work space includes desk and nice chair.
Second bedroom has windows on 2 sides and a third side looks out onto the roof-top deck. Large closet in room with a solid wood highboy dresser and solid wood bed with a bookcase headboard.
Guests have private use of the upstairs including two bedrooms, a common area; a private bathroom with large, clawfoot tub for soaking (no shower); a solarium; and a rooftop deck. Guests may also use the back patio adjacent to a pond and the front porch with a swing. The yard is a lush haven in the summertime with over 70 different blooming plants throughout the season in a shady wooded setting.
The solarium has a Keurig, a mini fridge, and a microwave.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests access their space via a private entrance on the south of the house. This entire space is upstairs and is not handicap accessible.
Atención a los huéspedes
The downstairs of this 1870's Victorian is a separate apartment and you may encounter other guests in the common yard areas. Your space is private and other guests do NOT have access to your space including the rooftop deck.
Otros aspectos destacables
Please note that this space does NOT have a kitchen. There is a Keurig, a microwave, and a mini fridge available in the solarium. Guests are welcome to use the front porch with swing and the back patio near a water feature.
Also, please note that this space has a claw-foot tub only. NO SHOWER.
1. CHECK-IN time is between 3 pm and 9 pm and CHECK-OUT is prior to 10 am. Renters who check-in early or check-out late without prior approval will have $40 withheld from their damage deposit.
2. This is a NO-SMOKING home. Smoking is permitted on the back patio, but cigarette butts must be picked up and removed from the property. Failure to do this will result in loss of $40 from your damage deposit. Smoking inside the home or on the upstairs deck will result in forfeiting the ENTIRE security deposit.
4. The use of matches, lighters, candles, incense, or any type of incendiary device in the apartment or on the rooftop deck is prohibited and will result in the forfeiture of your entire security deposit. either in the house or on the rooftop deck.
5. No fireworks are allowed on the premises and will result in the forfeiture of your entire security deposit.
6. LOUD PARTIES ARE PROHIBITED and this property is only for the use of the guest(s) who are authorized by the owner. This is a residential neighborhood and parties are not allowed.
7. DAMAGE DEPOSIT - The deposit will be used if necessary to recover expenses I incur from any of the following: a. Late check-out without prior approval. b. Early or late check-in without prior approval. c. Damage done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. d. Lost or damaged bed or bath linens, kitchen items or furnishings.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 (four) adults.
9. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
10. PETS - Pets are not allowed. If you bring a pet, you will forfeit your entire security deposit.
11. TUB - This unit does NOT have a shower. By agreeing to these house rules, you acknowledge that you understand and are aware that this space does not have a shower, only a claw-foot tub for bathing.
12. NOTE: The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while you or your guests are on the premises or using its facilities. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. By paying for a reservation, the guest signifies s/he agrees to all terms and conditions of this agreement.
Rayna has lived in this area for 30+ years. She and her mother live on a local farm where she tends livestock and raises Yorkshire Terrier puppies. She loves to travel and meet new people. Rayna is available by phone 7a to 9p.