Hi. I've 2 good-sized, comfortable single or twin rooms in the quiet residential south side of Cambridge - conveniently located for Addenbrooke's, Biomedical Campus, Bell, Babraham Instit, Homerton, Hills Rd, Long Rd - with good access to the city centre & train station. There's a frequent bus service (Citi 1) which goes via the train station straight into the beautiful & historic city centre, & free parking available at my house. Great for solo/business travellers or groups of up to 4 friends.
‘Bedroom 1’ is a pretty room (approx 3.35m x 4.10m) upstairs on the first floor of my home - for single occupancy. [I may be able to accommodate 2 guests in twin beds, depending on occupancy of my other single or twin room ‘bedroom 2’ listed on Airbnb - please check out my other listing for suitability, or make an enquiry first. Extra person in bedroom 1 will be £15/night after the first guest.]
The room has a single bed, good quality pocket sprung mattress, bedside chest of drawers, windowseat, blackout blinds and dressing table/desk. There is plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe, as well as drawers for your use.
Continental breakfast, and cleaning fee are included.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests will have their own private bedroom and use of a shared upstairs bathroom with shower (on the same floor as bedroom 1). Guests may also access the living room, and are welcome to use the kitchen to make a tea or coffee – however not to prepare meals – thanks. A continental breakfast – cereals, bread/toast, jams, fresh fruit, yoghurt, & tea/coffee – will be provided in the breakfast room, or on the garden patio if preferred when the weather is fine.
Atención a los huéspedes
As much or as little as you wish. I will always be here to welcome you on arrival and will be available throughout your stay to provide you with any information or advice you require, or just to chat over a cup of tea/coffee. If you prefer to be more independent, then that’s fine too!
Otros aspectos destacables
Cambridge is a beautiful city to visit as a tourist, so if you are coming here on business be sure to extend your stay to take in the numerous historic sites, the colleges, the Fitzwilliam Museum, the market, the River Cam, the Botanic Gardens, the attractive green spaces, as well as the many shops, pubs and restaurants the city has to offer.
Welcome to Cambridge – I hope you will enjoy your visit!
- Please only use 'instant booking' if you have fully read my listing and are absolutely sure that my bed availability and check-in times (as well as my other house rules) suit your requirements - otherwise please contact me before booking.
- Please, no visitors without prior agreement.
- Non-smokers only - thanks.
- Check-in time is 2pm till 11pm.
- Check-out time is 10am.
- Booking window closes at 7pm for arrival the same day.
- Please contact me before 'instant booking' to be sure that I can meet your requirements. I have 2 bedrooms on Airbnb, so there may be other guests staying here at the same time. I like to offer my guests a good night's sleep, so I do ask all guests to be respectful of the other people in the house, especially if they are coming in late or getting up early. Please let me know when making your enquiry if you're concerned this may be an issue for you. Thanks.
I've lived in Cambridge for nearly 20 years, and, before that, in France and Switzerland for many years teaching English as a foreign language. I speak French fluently, and understand a little Italian and Spanish. In my twenties I travelled widely in Asia and Australia...unfortunately Airbnb didn't exist then!
I love city breaks - discovering new places, cultures, languages and food - and seeking out sunny climates. My passions, in no particular order, are languages, art, architecture, cinema, photography, good food, gardening (growing my own fruit & vegetables), tennis, dance and comedy.
As a guest, I'm respectful of the host, their property and their neighbours.
As a host, I'm looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to my home and my city.