tl;dr: horrible place and not worth your time and effort given all the problems.
Prior to check-in, VivJoss informed me that she'd be around at the time I arrive to let me in. Turns out no one lives in the house and that the key was inside a locked box outside the front door the whole time while I spent a long time knocking on the door, expecting someone to open it. Finally upon calling her, she told where to find the key. I'd have appreciated if I was told about this earlier as that seemed to be her plan all along. There were definitely many issues with the room I was given:
1. The listing specifies "lock on bedroom door" as a safety feature. The lock on my room was broken and was falling off the door. As a result, I couldn't close the door at all (which is a safety hazard as other guests live in the house). Upon telling the host about it, she said she'd fix it, and that "there was a man who has to do it and it all depends on when was going to do it". I got the same response for multiple days until I decided to move out as I felt it was unsafe and she wasn't helping. At one point, she told me "it's not my problem".
2. The toilet flush was broken and failed to meet the minimum standards of a functioning bathroom (listing specifies bathroom as available). Once I told the host about it, she kept insisting that "I don't know how to use the toilet". Turns out other guests in the house had the same problem.
3. Towel provided was ripped and looked like a rag (specified as an amenity on the listing).
4. The ventilator in the kitchen doesn't work, which easily triggers the fire alarm (even if you just toast bread), and is a safety hazard.
5. There are no hangers in the room (which is listed as an amenity).
6. There were a couple lights in the house that weren't functioning. Generally made the house look very shabby. It's a very old house and it has a weird design - the "common area" was a narrow hallway with a couch facing the wall.
7. Strong odor in the hallway from the bathroom. And the bathroom kept running out of toilet paper and shampoo.
My communication with the host was very poor. Upon telling her about my problems on the phone, she always said she was coming to the apartment or calling me back but never did until I got Airbnb involved. Location was good/ close to the tube station regardless, and it's a cheap place. It's a plus if you want to cook, but you have to bear with the fire alarm ringing at the slightest.
Overall, a horrible experience and I wouldn't recommend it.