Stunning views from this three bedroom family cottage on beautiful West Lake in Haliburton Highlands. Vaulted living room ceilings,lots of windows to capture that view, wood floors and open plan living areas - plus a huge walk out deck. Modernized decor throughout with an elevated view to the shoreline. Also 15 minutes from Sir Sam's Ski Lodge offering wide array of outdoor activities and biking trails all summer long as well as winter activities. Access to snowmobile trails. West Lake is spring fed, great fishing for rainbow trout and bass.
Quiet and remote and only 15 minutes from Town. For the most part, you will have the Lake to yourself.
Disponible para huéspedes
Snow shoes and cross country skis in basement for winter months. Canoe, 2 kayaks, 2 inflatable standup paddleboards and paddleboat available for spring, summer and autumn months.
Skiing, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventure all within minutes away
Atención a los huéspedes
We will contact you upon checkin to make sure checkin is smooth and comfortable. We will also address any questions the group may have.
Otros aspectos destacables
The Chalet will be equipped with Internet (wifi) and cable AFTER March 13th 2017.
This property is family owned and cared for with pride. Please treat the residence as if it were your own.
The location is private and quite, we expect the noise level to be respected as there are permanent residents on the Lake.
***Please take 15 minutes to read the welcome binder***
Household Cottage Rules Terms & Conditions
1. No smoking inside the premise. Please use caution when smoking outside, please ensure you use the ashtrays provided and safely discard of cigarette butts /cigars in the garbage when you leave once fully put out.
2. Absolutely NO daytime burning as per County Rules.
3. Never leave fire and children unattended.
4. Do not burn or use any of the small piles of wood or brush found piled around the property. These are not fully dry and are not to be used in the fire pit.
5. Clean, cut wood found in wood shed is only for indoor fire place / stove use. Please do not put a piece that is too large inside. All other wood on the property is not permitted for use.
6. If you are to use the fire pit, please use your own camp fire wood, this can be purchased in town.
7. No indoor wood is to be used for the outdoor fire pit. If found in contravention of this rule, you may be charged a $100.00 extra fee.
8. You are responsible for removing your garbage from the property. Please keep garbage/recycling in the bins located in the basement provided for you. Please do not leave outside as the wildlife will come.
Please reference the Local landfill information page for landfill location/time and allocated dump card to allow entry to drop off garbage.
9. In effort to save water, please do not run the taps constantly or for long periods of time. Please no constant flushing of toilets.
10. Please DO NOT dispose of any feminine products or sanitary napkins in the toilets. DO NOT used any toilet paper that is not 1-ply.
11. If water well should run dry-unlikely, please wait approximately 1 hour for water to return. If still no water, contact the owners from the numbers provided immediately.
12. Please keep music at a respectable volume level. Sound, music and voices carry and can be easily heard across the lake. Please respect other cottagers.
13. In accordance with the rental waiver, please ensure you wear life vests when using the paddle boat and canoe. There are life vests in the basement. All persons in a boat are required BY LAW; to wear life preservers.
14. Please use caution and due diligence when near the water. Be safe.
15. Property in the basement is allowed to be used during your stay with care. Please ensure anything removed from basement is returned at the completion of your stay. As well, please return all property to the cottage if moved from its original place.
16. Patio furniture cushions can be found in the large bin on the deck. Please ensure you return patio cushions to the bin in the case of rain as well as upon completion of your stay. This will allow the following renters to enjoy the conformability of the patio furniture as well.
17. Please wipe appliances clean after use. If any appliance is found in unsatisfactory condition, please notify the owners via text or phone call in order to rectify the issue.
18. Please abstain from wearing footwear inside the cottage when possible.
19. NO littering (paper, pop cans, pull-tabs, cigarette butts, etc.)
20. NO defacing the property in any way (writing on the walls, floors, ceilings, etc.)
21. NO destruction of any kind to the natural environment surrounding us (no peeling bark off of trees, no cutting any trees, etc.)
22. NO using shampoo or soap in our lake
23. Please turn off outside deck lights prior to going to sleep.
24. Please do not use real candles. The lanterns/candles provided are flameless candles.
25. Please familiarize yourself with the fire extinguisher found in the kitchen cupboard under the breakfast bar.
26. Please return the cottage key to where you found it upon your departure.
27. Washer / Dryer included in basement for use. Easy to operate. Please use environmentally safe (echo friendly with the green leaf symbol) detergent to be easy on septic system. Please do not use the washer more than once per stay. Dryer can be used daily.
28. If you have a dog, please ensure that they stay on the property at all times. Please tie them up if required or keep close to respect other cottagers.
Thank you for taking the time to read over and follow the rules of the property. We want to ensure that everyone enjoys this piece of paradise equally and that everyone’s experience is the most pleasurable one by abiding by the property rules.