Looking for a real "home away from home", a real gem, a "find" at the beach? We pride ourselves on how immaculately clean we keep our "Sandcastle" and how comfortable it is. We work hard to be "head and shoulders above the rest". We have been renting our 3 bd/2 ba beach vacation home for 10+ years, consistently upgrading and updating it. It is our goal to make your Newport Beach vacation truly memorable! If you're a family of 7 or less, come enjoy our fabulous home, location & hospitality!
--- Take just 30 steps out your front door, and your feet are in the lovely white sand of the 35th Street beach on the Newport Peninsula. There is usually a nice gradual slope/entry into the water, perfect for your smaller kids - or just for taking your time getting in. And very often we have real nice surf for boogy boarding (and surfing too). And the sunsets are pretty great also!
--- But what stands out even more, is the lovely home that you'll be staying in. Comfortable furniture, unique art on the walls, new beds and lovely bedding, a master bath and laundry showers that we've just remodeled, a kitchen that has everything you need to cook a Thanksgiving turkey or burgers on the BBQ, 2 TVs, a brand new washer and dryer just for your use - and we pride ourselves on the importance we place on cleanliness throughout!
--- There is also a large front patio for you to use - located outside your living room, with a terrific brand-new table/chairs and umbrella and gas BBQ. The entire 3 bedroom/2 bath downstairs of the Duplex is all yours. Additionally there's a laundry room (all yours) accessed from the outside, with a brand new front load Washer & Dryer.
--- There's a place on the side of the house for you to lock your bikes, if you bring them, or rent them (bring a lock!). There's one dedicated parking space for a midsize sedan/small SUV/small minivan - and non metered street parking all around us.
--- And don't forget the new slate shower on the outside of the house (or the foot wash on the other side of the house), perfect to rinse off under, after a visit to the beach.
Disponible para huéspedes
You'll have the entire downstairs of the Duplex to yourself, a full 3 bedroom/2 bath home. You also will have your own laundry room, and an area on the side of the house to lock up your bikes and stores beach items. The majority of the front patio is all yours, with your own gas BBQ and table with umbrella...and we keep just a small area - with a small table & 2 chairs - in one corner for ourselves, that we only occasionally use.
Atención a los huéspedes
We live in the upstairs of the Duplex (just the two of us) but you'll rarely see us, as we like to give you your space. You'll feel like it's all yours, and that's the idea! But we're only a phone call away if you need anything. Trouble working the TV remote? Questions about where to get the best pizza locally, or the best Happy Hour around. We can help! We do also leave a LARGE BOOK of recommendation of Things to Do, Restaurants we like, local hiking, day trip info i.e. Disney and Universal Studios - which will give you many ideas to keep you busy, if you want to do more than just beach it!
Otros aspectos destacables
Of course first things first, the beach is 30 steps (one house away) outside our front door! And what we love about the Newport Peninsula is the easy access to all things. We are two blocks from a major supermarket, another block further to a movie theatre. Our restaurants are many and range from super casual to 5 star - in walking distance! It's pretty casual around here - but you can dress, if you'd like!
We personally love to ride our bikes (it's pretty flat) so bring yours, or rent some locally; it's the best way to get around. And then a short drive away is Disneyland, Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza for superb shopping and Balboa Island for casual beach shopping. And we're halfway between LA and San Diego for those days trips!
If you come without a car, and just want to beach it mostly, that's easy! You can rent bikes or just walk. You can cab or Uber if you want to go further. But if you're planning to do a lot of site-seeing, I'd suggest a car. You could do a day trip somewhere everyday, we are very centrally located!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
--- PLEASE NOTE THAT MINIMUM STAYS VARY by time of year. We have a 3 night minimum, except during the June/July/August high season (7 nights) and key holidays (varies).
--- We have a maximum of SEVEN overnight guests (adults and children combined), and we have a maximum of TEN on the property at any time (overnight and daytime guests combined).
--- During JUNE/JULY/mid-AUGUST, we rent on a SATURDAY-SATURDAY WEEKLY BASIS. Other times of the year, our check-in days are flexible. (We usually offer a discount for weekly stays - over the nightly rate.)
--- Please CONTACT US FIRST for the Christmas/New Years weeks. Our Christmas week runs approx Dec 16-30, and our New Years week runs approx Dec 30-Jan 8 AS TWO SEPARATE & DISTINCT WEEKS.
--- NOTE that the 10% City of Newport Beach required short-term lodging tax is already included in your rental (nightly or weekly) rate.
--- We have ONE DEDICATED PARKING SPACE for a midsize sedan/small SUV/small minivan. And there is unmetered parking on the street all around us.
--- We must disclose that we have security cameras in several places on the EXTERIOR of our home, in an effort to discourage and prevent strangers from any unwanted intrusion of the property.
**Newport Beach 10% short term bed tax is included in your rental rate.
- a) We have a MAXIMUM of 7 OVERNIGHT GUESTS, adults and children combined. We have a MAXIMUM of 10 on the property at any time (overnight and daytime guests combined, adults and children combined)
- b) NO parties or large gatherings.
- c) At least 2 adults staying overnight, must be MINIMUM AGE 25, one of which needs to be the person whose name is on the reservation - unless other arrangements have been made with the Owner.
- d) Must be willing to provide information to complete PERSONALIZED RENTAL AGREEMENT as soon as reservation is made - and return promptly:
- Full name, Home address, Contact Phone # and personal Email address; Then sign and return w/2 Adult's Drivers Licenses for ID purposes, within 5 days. You will also need to provide names of all your overnight guests when you return your RA to us (with any changes submitted in writing prior to the day of your arrival).
- e) SMOKING is not allowed in the house, but IS ALLOWED ONLY OUTSIDE on front patio
- f) Must abide by the City of NB LUGO laws
- g) NO PETS, not even on the patio
- h) Must be respectful of owners belongings, and must be respectful of neighbors with regards to loudness after 9:30PM
- i) Please note that we live in the upstairs of the Duplex. You may not see us at all during your stay, or very rarely. However, we are on site - or nearby - or reachable by phone, should you need anything during your stay
HERE ARE IMPORTANT EXCERPTS FROM OUR RENTAL AGREEMENT:
- OCCUPANCY: Our home is being rented to you and your group/family members only. We have based our quote on the # overnight occupants you have told us. Our maximum number of guests on the property, overnight occupants and daytime guests combined, at any time is TEN (10) maximum.
For example, if there are 6 overnight guests, you may invite 4 more maximum, as daytime guests. Minors should not be left in the house alone without a supervising adult.
- CHECKOUT AND CLEANING REQUIREMENTS: On your last day, checkout is 10 am. Premises are to be left clean at the end of the lease with all trash placed in proper trash receptacles outside. Please remember to turn off all appliances, remove all food items, and return all furniture, dishes and cookware (clean and removed from dishwasher) to their original location. Counters and floors must be free of debris. Although the house will be professionally cleaned after you leave, please strive to return the property in the same condition you found it. Noncompliance may result in additional cleaning charges. You must also take the sheets off the bed and throw the sheets/towels in the basket provided; You will receive a directional note prior to move-out.
- NO SMOKING: OUR HOME IS NON-SMOKING. There are NO exceptions; Please smoke outside and use ashtray provided. Should there be evidence of smoking inside the unit, occupant is responsible for all damage incurred, but not limited to stains, burns, odors and removal of debris. Occupant and authorized guests may be asked to immediately leave premises. Additionally, occupant forfeits its right to return of any security deposit.
- PETS: NO PETS shall be kept on or about the premises, not in the house, not even on the patio. If pets are noted on the premises, you will be asked to leave with no refund, your security deposit will be forfeited, and you may incur additional cleaning and de-fleaing charges.
- SHEETS AND TOWELS: Owner will provide comforters/quilts, pillows, mattress pads and sheets for all 4 beds (Cal King, Queen, Double & Twin); a 3 towel set (bath/hand/wash) and beach towels, per number of guests.
- BIKE LOCK-UP OUTSIDE: There is an outside area where you can lock your bikes so please bring a lock with you; Storing bicycles inside the house is not appropriate nor allowed.
- SURFBOARDS: No waxing of surfboards anywhere on the property. There will be a charge for any wax removal necessary.
- PARTIES/LARGE GATHERINGS: Parties or large gatherings are not permitted at the “Sandcastle”. Please note maximum occupancies on page 1 of this contract. Our home is being rented to you as a family vacation home/retreat.
- CITY OF NEWPORT BEACH LOUD OR UNRULY GATHERING ORDINANCE (LUGO) (Summary): It is understood and agreed between Occupant and Owner that any disturbances resulting in neighborhood complaints or police action shall cause tenancy to immediately be terminated and all monies be forfeited. Occupant to pay for all fines incurred.
Said premises is subject to the City of Newport Beach “Loud and Unruly Gathering Ordinance As Codified In Chapter 10.66 of the Newport Beach Municipal Code (“Ordinance”)”. And whereas, under the Ordinance, “Owner(s)” and “Responsible Person(s)” may be liable for civil fines of between $500 and $3000 plus penalty and interest as well as other associated costs; And whereas, the City Council for the City of Newport Beach has legislatively declared that a loud or unruly gathering is a public nuisance and contrary to the public health, safety, general welfare, and quiet enjoyment of residential property; The Ordinance defines a “Loud or Unruly Gathering” of eight (8) or more persons on any residential unit for a social occasion or other activity upon which loud or unruly conduct occurs and results in a public nuisance or a threat to the public health, safety, general welfare, or quiet enjoyment of residential property or nearby public property. And whereas, the Ordinance defines “Loud or Unruly Conduct” to include, without limitation, any or all of the following: (a) Excessive Noise or Traffic, (b) Obstruction of Public Street by Crowds or Vehicles, (c) Obstruction of Rights of Way by People or Vehicles, (d) Public Drunkenness, (e) The Service of Alcohol to Minors, (f) Possession and/or Consumption of Alcoholism by Minors, (g)Assaults, Batteries, Fights, Domestic Violence, or other Disturbances of the Peace, (h)Vandalism, (i)Litter, and (j) Urinating or Defecating in Public. LIABILITY: Occupant agrees that Owner is not liable for any injury or damages, theft, or burglary arising from any accident, fire, or other casualty or from any other cause whatsoever. Occupant’s or guest’s personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause. Owner does not insure against personal injury to Occupant or guests due to any reason other than the condition of the premises. Occupant agrees to hold harmless Owner from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to Occupant or Occupant’s guests or their personal property.
Occupant further agrees to personal responsibility for all occupant items or possessions left at the property. Should owner gain possession of items/possessions left at the rented property, Occupant agrees to pay all charges related to the return of those items. Owner is not responsible for the handling and condition in which items are returned.
Owner has supplied a safe in the unit, and also suggests Occupants take caution and lock doors and windows to the house when they leave it empty, and utilize the safe for valuables.
- CONDITION OF PREMISES: Occupant has not viewed the premises prior to entering into this agreement. Occupant shall, on arrival, examine the premises, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, and fixtures, and shall immediately report in writing by the end of the first day of move-in, if any are in inoperable condition or in disrepair. Occupant agrees to leave all furnishings and possessions in the same condition received, less reasonable wear and tear.
- MAINTENANCE & ALTERATIONS: Occupant(s) shall properly use, operate and safeguard the premises, including any landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances, and all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary. Occupant shall immediately notify Owner of any problem, malfunction or damage. Occupant shall pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Occupant - or guests of Occupant - excluding ordinary wear and tear, or damage to the premises as a result of failure to to report a problem, malfunction or damage in a timely manner.
Occupant shall not make any alterations in or about the premises, including, but not limited to, moving furniture, painting, wallpapering, adding or changing door locks, installing antenna, removing windows, screens or doors, placing signs, displays or exhibits, or using screws, fastening devices, nails or adhesive materials.
- ENTRY: It is never our intention to enter your property without your permission. However in certain cases, it may be deemed necessary, including (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed upon repairs, improvements or maintenance, or to supply necessary or agreed upon services, (ii) to verify that Occupant has complied with the terms of this Contract, or (iii) in case of emergency.
We're Janice & Bill and we own the 'Sandcastle' (ONE HOUSE from the SAND!), and live in the Upstairs unit of this Duplex while renting the Downstairs unit as our Vacation Rental. We're ex-Corporate Executives (now retired) and we've come to enjoy the better things in life - and have set our vacation home up accordingly - for you to enjoy! We love to travel, throughout the US and internationally, and have been to China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Europe, Sweden, Argentina, India, Australia, New Zealand, India and Africa in the last few years.
We also love wine (Janice was in the wine business for much of her career) and all types of food. We love to explore a country's culture through their food and wine. And now that Bill is retired, he has become quite the Chef of our household; he really has knack for it!
We take a lot of pride in the 'Sandcastle' and do enjoy that our guests appreciate staying in such a comfortable and clean 'home away from home'. We aim to be your go-to Newport Beach vacation home; We have many returning guests, and we hope you'll become a satisfied guest too and enjoy the many wonderful sights and sounds of Orange County!! You'll find us to be good clear communicators, honest and forthright. We "do what we say and say what we do". We'll look forward to meeting you!