*In case there isn't availability for the requested dates for this listing, please note we have 2 others listings on Airbnb for the same accommodation or contact us!*
Discover our Ogob Nega (Coconut House) all-inclusive Cabañas on Chichime Island where paradise and premium "rustic" come together as one. Our island is located at 45 minutes boat trip from the mainland at the end of the Limones Cayes and is well known for its calm water and beautiful scenery as anchorage point for sailing boat.
• The cabins are rustics but comfortable with a wooden floor and a hard tin roof, real beds and shared bathrooms. We have electricity on the island.
• Our price include all meals (without drinks) and one tour is offered.
• Our hospitality, service and food are considered as excellent by many travellers.
• No WiFi available
• We allow and recommend you to bring snacks, water and beverages from the City.
• The 4x4 transport company usually make a stop on the supermarket for you to purchase your own it is more cheaper than on the island as well and sometimes we may run out of some of these items in the island.
Disponible para huéspedes
If you are not traveling with your own car, car rental and do not want to organize by your own your transfer by 4x4 taxi to San Blas, please inform us in advance where you will stay in Panama-City, hotel or hostel name, room number and we will be happy to organize your transfer (round trip) with a 4x4 transport company we work with. We are not responsible for this part of the journey but can help you to coordinate it. We are not responsible for this part of the journey but can help you with it.
Cash payment – credit card not accepted
• The 4x4 transport (round trip costs $60.00 p.p) – to be paid to the driver on your first day
• The boat transfer (round trip) $30.00 p.p – to be paid to us on the island
• Kuna Yala park entrance fees $ 20.00 p.p – to be paid to the Kuna Authorities
• Port fees $2.00 p.p – to be paid to the Kuna Authorities
• Cash payment – credit card not accepted
Be ready at 5.30am in front of your hotel or the hostel you are staying at. You will be arriving around 9.30am at the port. You can expect to be a little squeezed as 7 passengers can fit into the car. For more comfort, you can always ask for private transportation.
You can also reach Carti Barsukun port with your private or rental car but is must be SUV or 4x4, you must reach the Carti Basukun port before 9.30am.
If you are on a sailing trip and want to make a break and looking for a sailing transfer, our island is well located.
Atención a los huéspedes
Spoken English on the island is not always available, so please make sure to ask all your questions and doubts (if there is a language barrier) before your arrival. We have a volunteer team helping us with the written communication. Our staff will make sure you feel welcome although the fact is the Kuna People are a bit reserved.
Otros aspectos destacables
• Always have your Passport with you and not in your bag as there are some check-point on the way.
• The 4×4 transportation will stop on the supermarket but at in case it does not, make sure to have at least a gallon of water with you and others small snacks.
• Snorkeling equipment (we rent some but not always available)
• Rain coat for the boat ride.
• Ziploc or any hermetic bags to put your valuable items in a safe place during the boat ride as everything can get wet.
• Toilet paper (suggested)
• Sun block.
• Mosquito repellent (mosquitoes are not much present on the islands but at the port).
National days, Weekends: All islands are little bit more crowded during those days.
The tour usually starts after lunch. The departure time depends on others elements such as weather conditions, boat availability and any others condition. The tour can also be cancelled if sea is rough for the security of our guests.
Check-in and check-out hours
Estimated arrival time at Ogob Nega, Chichime Island is 10.30am. It depends the time you will arrive at the port with the road transportation and if we need to wait for others guests. The departure time from Ogob Nega, Chichime Island is between 8.00am -9.00am but if you wish to stay 6 hours more with us on the island, we can organize a late departure at 3pm for an additional $30.00 pp. (lunch included) but you must leave the cabin if guests are check-in the same day. You can leave your belongings into our own cabin. We cannot guarantee an exact timing for arrival and departure. (weather condition, passengers being late, boat availability, etc).
Check-out hours changes from morning to afternoon departure, vice-versa
Please inform us during the booking process when you would like to leave our island, with the morning pick-up or afternoon pick-up. If you change your mind while you are on the island, you must inform our staff about the change 24 hours in advance as we need to inform the transport company to receive their validation. Note: Extra fees can be charged by the transport company depending how this change will impact their own organization, logistics or even worse, there might not be any car available.
What are the bathrooms facilities like ?
Out on the island we have shared toilets and shared showers with well-water (not heated). These infrastructures are not luxury but good enough on this remote piece of paradise. Please note the bathroom facilities on our island are not attached to the rooms, requiring a walk of 50 meters. Guests are requested to add water in the toilet water tank before to flush. Papers must be thrown into the rubbish bin.
Is it safe to take children to the San Blas Islands?
As far as Ogob Nega, Chichime Island is concerned, kids love our island and we the Kuna Indians love Kids. Our two small childrens are always happy to meet new friends from around the word. We recommend you to take a first aid kit and lots of sun cream with you. We won’t watch for your kids on the island, during the tour, while you are swimming so always keep an eye on them. Parents must be fully responsible for all aspects of monitoring their children.
***we have complete FAQ list that we can provide if you need more information not listed
Be respectful to our Kunas people and others travelers. Don't take coconut and pictures of our Kuna women without asking.
We are a Kuna Family with many years of experience in tourism. We love to interact and serve our travelers with passion and get them to know about our Kuna Culture. We are famous around the archipelago for our hospitality, service provided and food! We are looking forward to welcome you soon in our Ogob Nega cabins on Isla Chichime.