My home is located in Uptown New Orleans, just steps away from Audubon Park, walking distance to the Audubon Zoo, and two blocks away from two amazing restaurants, Patois and Clancy's. It has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 dens (plus a formal living room), and a large back porch. My place is good for families (with or without kids) and well behaved groups. We have 3 kids plus a dog...promise none of them will be there when you arrive!
• You are staying in a very safe part of New Orleans. But it’s still New Orleans, and crime does happen. Watch your surroundings as you come nd go, particularly in the evening hours. Always lock all doors when you leave, and we recommend keeping them locked even when you’re in the house.
• Our pantry underneath the staircase has lots of yummy food in it, and our wine refrigerator and booze stash (not telling where!) have some great beverages in them too. But we need this stuff upon our return! So please leave the pantry food and the booze for us!
• The fridge. We have cleared off one shelf all…just for you! (I know. Aren’t we sweet?) Please leave the rest for us! Promise you don’t really want to eat our leftover(That said, please feel free to use the basics . . . ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing.)
• The “front room.” We have just given our formal living room, the “front room,” a facelift, and she’s lookin’ good! Please be extra careful in there, especially on that white couch!
• We love our antiques here in New Orleans! Many of our wood surfaces (bedside tables, dining room tables, etc.) are old . . . please be careful not to create water rims on them by placing cups and glasses on them without a coaster.
• If you take one look at our carpet upstairs, you’ll see why we so very kindly ask that you take your shoes off before heading upstairs. (About that carpet . . . we are sorry that it looks bad. We promise it’s clean….just stained irreparably. Darn kids! We are working on replacing it.)
• While we’re at it, please keep food and drink (except water) in the kitchen!
• If you’re in New Orleans to party, you’ve picked a great city to do so. But please, not at our place! Though we’re sure you would never get unruly, serious complaints of bad behavior will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave. Not good for you. Not good for our sweet neighbors. Not good for us.
• You may have noticed that houses are built really close to one another in New Orleans! If you’re blaring T-pain after about 9:00 p.m., chances are good our neighbors will hear it and will not be happy! Please observe reasonable quiet hours.
• Because this is a family home with young children, we kindly ask you to puff outside (front porch or back porch). And pick up your butts!
• What you do in your personal time is entirely up to you, but when you’re at our place, we have a strict no-drugs-on-the-premises policy. It’s just the law . . . not so much our rule.
• We understand that accidents happen! (We have 3 kids, afterall.) But please do let us know about them, when they happen. Chances are we can fix them effortlessly and you can keep your entire security deposit.
• Dogs are wonderful! We have one, in fact. But please leave yours at home.
Not sure about something?
• Just call us or text us. Our contact information is listed on our House Manual.
Cancela hasta 5 días antes de tu viaje y recibe un reembolso completo. Cancela en los 5 días previos a tu viaje y no se te reembolsará la primera noche, pero sí el 50 % del costo del resto de las noches.
Hi, I'm Katie! My family lives in New Orleans, and we love it! My husband and I have three kids and a dog. We live mere steps from one of NOLA's best parks and just blocks from some of our best restaurants. We love to eat and to soak in all that our city has to offer. But we also love to leave! We regularly spend time on the Mississippi gulf coast and in Orange Beach, Alabama. We also love to ski and try to get away once a year to the mountains. We hope you'll stay at our place! Our home is family friendly, with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 dens (plus a formal living room), and a large back porch.