Luxury in the midst of vast coastal wilderness is something to experience!
Going Coastal R&R is a new cottage perched on a clifftop above the restless waves of Port San Juan inlet on the SW coast of Vancouver Island. It features unimpeded spectacular views of ocean, forests, beaches and mountains beyond. Enjoy a glass of wine on the deck or patio and watch the sunset while eagles soar above and salmon jump below. (PLEASE SEE The Space (Under Description) FOR CORRECT PRICING BEFORE BOOKING!)
The cottage is set up for maximum flexibility for couples, small or large groups. It can accommodate up to 6, 8, 10 or 12 people, with two separate fully-contained upper and lower suites each with its own kitchen, and an extra side bedroom with its own entrance and half bath that can also be added on to any configuration.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ON PRICING. . . We offer different pricing depending on how much of the cottage you wish to book. [The Airbnb advertised price is rigid, cannot deal with our configurational pricing method, and consequently is based only on the smallest configuration (A).] Our standard pricing in Canadian Dollars is:
CONFIGURATION A - High Season (May (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) per night for the upper level only (can sleep 6); Low Season (Oct. 1- April 30) $215 per night. One time Cleaning Fee: $85.00.
CONFIGURATION A+C - High Season $415 per night for the upper level, plus the lower extra side bedroom and half bath (can sleep 8); Low Season $270 per night. Cleaning Fee: $110.00.
CONFIGURATION A+B - High Season $585 per night for the upper level, plus the lower level suite which includes a small kitchen, bedroom, full bath and versatile sofa bed (can sleep 10); Low Season $375 per night. Cleaning Fee: $145.00.
CONFIGURATION A+B+C (All) - High Season $650 per night for the entire upper and lower suites and side bedroom (can sleep 12); Low Season $430 per night. Holiday High Season (Dec. 15-Jan. 1) pricing is the same as High Season. Cleaning Fee: $175.00.
***PLEASE NOTE: The rooms or levels not booked, will not be rented to a different party. Privacy is absolutely assured. FLOOR PLANS FOR THE UPPER AND LOWER LEVEL SUITES ARE LOCATED NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE PHOTO GALLERY. Contact us to find out what option will work best for you and your group.
Disponible para huéspedes
Below is more info about the cottage's many features. . . The three main bedrooms (one up and two down) are made up with king-sized beds with posturepedic memory foam mattresses which can be split apart to make two twin x-long beds for those who wish to sleep separately. A fourth, smaller bedroom (which also accommodates an office computer desk) on the top level contains a bunk bed of two twin x-long beds, which is ideal for kids but can also be used by adults. The upstairs living room has a comfortable queen-sized sofa bed; the downstairs living area has a sofa bed that doubles as either two twin singles or can be combined. There are also a variety of pillows to choose from including hypoallergenic ones in gel, memory foam, contoured and traditional fill in various shapes and thicknesses. . . allowing for a sleep that may not even be achieved at home.
The west-coast-style water feature tumbles alongside Going Coastal and is bordered by a slate-and-cedar-step pathway that winds down to the dramatic oceanside cliff lookout. Here one can watch the seasonal water cascade down amongst the rocks to spill into the cove below where the otters often play and, at low tide, exposing the adjacent islets and the Botanical-like tidepools. When tide and wind conditions are right, the sound of the surf blasting into the shallow sea cave tucked underneath us vibrates into the ground itself.
Other notable features:
- Propane fireplace upstairs
- Cliff-side fire pit surrounded by a built-in cedar bench with wood and kindling supplied (howling at the moon optional)
- Large deck off the upper level with propane BBQ, and a slate patio in front of the lower level
- Wifi throughout
- Flat screen TVs, cable and DVD players on both levels, with Netflix and internet TV available also on both levels
- The upstairs dining table can be used to seat 6 to 8 people, and an extra fold-up table and chairs are available to seat an additional 4
- Guests can plug their computers or portable devices into the receiver to hear music from the built in wall speakers
- Landline phones on both levels (local calls only)
- A wide variety of games and books, including guide books to local attractions and history, and DVDs
- Washer and dryer on the upper level
- LED reading lamps beside each bed
- Three skylights on the upper level for enhanced natural lighting
- The upstairs kitchen is complete with a dishwasher while both kitchens have refrigerators with sizable freezer compartments along with a gas stove/oven and microwave in each
- Complimentary coffee, tea and many standard condiments in each kitchen
- Plenty of nearby parking with easy wheelchair-accessibility to the upper suite and a handy cart to help with the luggage and items
Atención a los huéspedes
As we do not live in Port Renfrew (but live in Victoria 100 minutes away), we are fortunate to have dependable local people helping us with guests and they can assist you with anything.