Welcome to our Listing! If you are looking for a place to rest on your journey through NZ or if you'd like to make this your temporary home away from home, then this is the perfect place for you. We are a low-key family, who enjoy making your comfort our greatest priority. We boast of the awesome view from the bedroom. Simple yet cozy is our style. This bedroom is furnished with a Queen bed, perfect for 2 guests. The city bus stop is an 8 minute walk away."
This is the double bedroom furnished with a queen bed. It is conveniently located upstairs away from the immediate noise of children, and meal prep. The bedroom is designed with a Simple setting, but very cozy. We provide a heater/fan for your personal use. The shared Bathroom is conveniently located next to this bedroom. Fresh linen is provided for you during your stay, and can be washed upon request. Towels are washed daily. There is a nice, good pressure stand up shower in the bathroom. If you are traveling alone, the room is quite cozy, and If you are traveling as a couple, or even with children, there is still ample space.
With this booking your amenities are:
A choice of breakfast from one of the following options(URL HIDDEN)1. Fresh Fruit and yoghur(URL HIDDEN)2. Muesli (granola bar) an fresh frui(URL HIDDEN)+Coffee or Tea besides your choice
Access to cook in the kitchen
Fresh clean towels everyday
washer/dryer plus detergent - $5/load
We live a short 10 minute drive from town. There is a bus stop very close. In fact a short 8 Minute walk will get you there. (Sunset Rd - fronting 413) this is bus route 4, and will get you in town in just 30 min. We have a great neighborhood park just down the street. It is great if you are traveling with children.
Some of our Yummy places to eat:
- Nandos - Afro Portuguese food. Known for their famous to-die-for chicken.
- Aorangi Peak restaurant and Cafe. Not only is the food here delicious, but the view calls for an (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) photo.
-Starbucks- my guilt pleasure :) located exactly in the city center on Tutanekai St.
- Thursday Night Market - located on Tutanekai St. And boasts many kiosks with various cultural meals or goodies being made. Live music playing, and good vibes.
-Saturday morning Farmer's Market- located in our City's park (Kuirau) and starts at 10a.m. -12p.m. Great if you'd like to taste local and multicultural food. If you're into the hustle and bustle of markets and meeting new people, this is a great way to meet them.
If you enjoy the great outdoors, you've come to the perfect place. Rotorua has many beautiful hiking trails, biking trails, thermal pools, etc. Some of our favorite spots to go to include but aren't limited to:
- Kuirau Park- our local Stroll park. Located near the city center. Here you can see active springs, and mud pools, steam escaping from underground. It also provides a foot bath where you can soak your tired and weary feet from walking. The foot pool is filled with hot natural spring water, and you can sit and view the picturesque pond straight across from it. There is also a shallow pool for kiddies to splash in during the warmer season. This park is next to the Aquatic Centre where for a minimal cost you can play in the splash pad, soak in the hot tub, or swim in the lap pools both indoor and outdoor.
-Redwoods, located 12 min drive from our house. -an amazing forest with ginormous redwood trees. The magical feeling you get when hiking the various trails are just pure bliss. They make you feel one with them.
- Waikite Valley Thermal Pools- a bit off the beaten path, but if you love the sense of wandering, this is a nice place to visit. On your way out of town south, or just to relax in the evening. Or maybe it's rainy and you need a place to maximize your visit whilst here, this is the place. Awesome thermal pools varying in temperature, and size. Nice hiking trail through the bush to the spring. Has a cafe and hot showers on site.
- Maori Village- we have 4 Maori Villages here: Whakarewarewa, Mitai, Tamaki, and Ohinemutu. All 4 offer their unique insight into the Maori way of life. Our favorite is the Whakarewarewa.
- Buried Village- A village that was buried by the Mt. Tarawera Volcanic Eruption over 100 years ago. This city is still being excavated and has many discovered artifacts, and dwellings. A pleasant stroll/hike leads you to a show stopping waterfall.
- skyline Rotorua- take the gondola up the mountain to get a bird's view of our city. While there, enjoy a pastry or two from the cafe, or even a world-class meal from the Stratosfare restaurant. If food isn't what you're after, then maybe a ride on the luge, or a swing in the sky swing- say maybe even a zip down the mountain with the zipline.
- Blue Lake - quite literally a beautiful blue lake, where swimming is just the tip of the iceberg as to what water sports can be done here.
- Waipa bike trails - there is no definite start of finish point. Just get on your bike and pedal off on a trail through our native bush. Trust me you won't regret it.
- Wai-o-Tapu - nice walking trail along beautiful colored waters, easy stroll, and nice in rain or shine.
- Kerosene Creek- free thermal hot spot. A bit lesser known yet an amazing spot in which boiling water comes from the natural spring, and mixes with the cool water from the creek. This creates the perfect balance between temperatures, and the cooler thing about it all is that you can pick your ideal temperature. Just make sure you hide precious possessions, and/or park where you can keep an eye on your car as it's been known to be a target place for tourists getting their car broke into if possessions are in view.
Disponible para huéspedes
Our house is tucked away quietly at the end of a shared driveway. Feel free to drive on up. That is unless you like to walk, which in that case you are more than welcome to park at the curbside. Upon entering our house, it pretty much becomes yours as well. You will be given a key to come and go as you wish. The bedroom is located upstairs. Next to your bedroom, is the bathroom. Depending on if other tenants are staying in the second bedroom, the bathroom may be private or shared. However, Nothing beats a hot, nice pressure shower after a day filled with adventures. If food is what you're wanting, then feel free to use our kitchen to prepare meals for you during your stay. If that doesn't suit you, and you'd rather serve breakfast provided by me, then we have 2 options as listed above. And I cannot lie, but making coffee is one of my specialties. It is deliciously rich, creamy, and sweetened to perfection. Trust me when I tell you it's worth a try. Feel free to eat your breakfast and/or drink your coffee at the dining table, patio table, or even brought to your bedroom to enjoy it whilst still in bed. It cannot get better than that! Feeling like you would want to wash your clothes? Well no problem. We have a nice, clean, and efficient wash machine, as well as dryer. Use it to your heart's content ($5/load).
Atención a los huéspedes
Both my husband and I are very family-oriented. That being said, we'd like to make your stay here with us (be it short or long) feel safe, and comfortable. Feel free to reach out to us, regarding suggestions or questions. We will try to help you as best as we can. In fact we would love to serve you, so that you may feel welcomed in our home.
Otros aspectos destacables
We have 5 children aged 7, 5, 3, 2, and infant. Music is a topic that both my husband and I are very passionate about. We love playing music and singing, so you may get the chance to hear us. However We try as much as possible to tone down the noise after 8pm. It isn't perfect but we are a real family; we are a working family; we are a family who understand the need for peace and quiet. Another thing to note is that I run a very strict NO SMOKING POLICY on all premises - including outdoor...I've got hypersensitivity to the smell of smoke. Please be respectful of this and if you must smoke, do it before arriving here, or smoke in the vehicle.
- pet negotiable - email me first for requirements
Este anfitrión tiene 30 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
FUN, TALKATIVE, AND OVERALL ENERGETIC MOM OF FIVE. HUSBAND IS JUST AS FUN, AND WE LOVE HOSTING GUESTS. THIS IS ALL NEW TO US AND WE ARE LEARNING HEAPS AS WE GO. LIFE MOTTO: GOD IS GOOD.