Clean, stylish turn-of-the-century Oakland bungalow located in the heart of the historic Fruitvale District. You’ll stay in a private, sunny bedroom & bathroom with a separate entrance.
Conveniently located near public transportation (including Fruitvale Station), Dimond District shopping area, & freeways. Very central - minutes from Lake Merritt/downtown Oakland & a short train ride to San Francisco. QTPOC welcoming.
Please thoroughly read listing, especially House Rules, prior to booking.
A historic 100-year old, owner-occupied home in the heart of one of Oakland’s cultural epicenters – the Fruitvale District. My partner and I are new homeowners who are slowly renovating room-by-room, so the house may look slightly different from the pictures as time goes on. I promise to update the pictures often. Though the look may evolve, the house will always be very clean, warm, and welcoming.
We have a 15-year-old elderly cat, Mao and a 10-year-old Pomeranian dog who thinks he's a cat, Mojo (he's hypoallergenic and mostly stays outside). We love art and music, and both work in social justice fields. We are a hetero, cis, POC couple and this home is a safe space for LGBTQI and people of color. You are welcome here.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests will enter the house from the front door, which opens into an enclosed porch. The enclosed porch has a sliding glass door that leads into your private guest bedroom. Guests will use the sliding glass door to enter the bedroom (not the door that enters into the living room). A private bathroom is located in the guest's room.
Guests may have access to our kitchen and living room, but please try to let us know ahead of time (ideally during booking) if you plan to use those spaces so we can make cookware/coffeemaker/etc. available.
Guests may also use our washer and dryer, but only if you have a full load; please inquire for details. The rest of the house (which includes 2 bedrooms and bathroom) is off limits.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are flexible with check-in time and try to work with your schedule. We are both Bay Area natives, so feel free to ask us about what to do during your stay here.
- This is our home, not a hotel so please be respectful of the space.
- No shoes on in the house. Please remove shoes before entering and leave them in the covered porch.
- Guests may use the air conditioner and heater, but energy costs are very high in the Bay Area, so please consider alternatives first (open the window and/or remove the comforter if you're warm, use the provided blankets if you're cold, etc.), and turn the thermostat OFF when not in use and/or you're not home.
- Additional guests are not permitted (even if they're not staying the night).
- She's friendly and will try to walk out with you, but please do not let the cat out of the house.
- Laundry is available on site, but only if you have a full load.
- Please be mindful of noise after 11pm.
- Do not lean against the curtains because the anchors will break! $75 maintenance fee will be charged for damages to curtain/curtain rod.
I am a California girl, born and raised. In addition to community organizing and activism, I have spent over a decade providing fund development, program management, and marketing expertise to social change organizations in the nonprofit sector. I'm a laid back nomad at heart and prefer any place with a warm beach, calm water, and new things to explore.
I use Airbnb as a guest and host. As a guest, I will be very respectful of your space and treat it with the same care as I would my own home. As a host, I also want guests to feel at home and will go out of my way to make them feel comfortable and welcomed. In both capacities, I am always accommodating, clean, and respectful. I share hosting duties with my partner in life and crime - Jesse, the smartest cat in the world - Mao, and our dog who is basically a cat - Mojo.